I want to ditch Google completely and the last thread tying me to them is their mailing service...

I want to ditch Google completely and the last thread tying me to them is their mailing service. What are decent alternatives to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/6jdupm/the_protonmail_company_can_read_my_mails_to_my/djdn1vl/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=ProtonMail
mailinabox.email/
digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-run-your-own-mail-server-with-mail-in-a-box-on-ubuntu-14-04
reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/6ru9pf/ive_had_enough_of_protonmail_heres_why/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=ProtonMail
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yahoo

Outlook.

If you attend a university, chances are they are using Gmail as their internal mail service.

More likely they're using office 365.

My university uses MS Exchange. I wish they actually used anything else.

I use protonmail.

Uh no, they are using Gmail.

What ever you do, don't use protonmail. They recently handed over info to feds.

Top schools (e.g. Ivy league) use Google Enterprise.

>They recently handed over info to feds.
It's not like they have a choice in the matter.

cock.li

dodged a bullet there

Set up your own website and integrate email.

this.

go cock or go home.

They can read emails you send to non pm accounts. They can read emails you receive from noon pm accounts. If anything, its the best way to profile the privacy conscious demographic.

I have this problem.

Yandex

Would you rather have your email/info in the hands of Google or the hands of the government?

They commented on Reddit saying that they would judge and handover ( even if no court forces them to do so).

Out of the question, I'm Russian and I want my info as far from here as possible.

God no, literally the worst.

They are one in the same. Google is beholden to the CIA for several monetary donations they've received from them.

Atleast Google doesn't lie in their advt. like protonmail.

Might as well since they'll get a subpoena handed to them either way.

This is 100% disinfo. That was related to a fucking kidnapping case. And it was just metadata.

Why don't Sup Forums make its own free (as in libre), open source, email service? We can call it Sup Forumsmail.

i think you mean /cocklolixDbadpolice/mail

Best solution is to ultimately find a provider in Switz.

This desu.
sure thing faggot

cock or your own domain+x10hosting

>heisei 29
>trusting mountain jews

Yes I would impersonate a Russian on an anonymous imageboard for god knows what reason hurrrrr what a retard
Honestly I'd choose cock.li but I happen to share my address with unacquainted people sometimes and don't want to be embarrassed

You can just choose a different ending like @airmail.cc or even @tfwno.gf

I use yandex because I don't live in Russia. if I lived in Russia I'd find some offshore provider unlikely to cooperate with my government without a huge bureaucratic overhead.

Yeah that's my question, why would you impersonate a Russian and shit talk Yandex. What has it done to you?
And cock.li survives on donation. I wouldn't depend on that service for a long run. And they clearly mentioned that they wont protect your privacy if investigated by (((western))) authorities. With Yandex at least you are safe from Americans and their whores of Europe.

>Implying Yandex not working for kikes only

>everyone's a jew but me
I guess it's true, your IQ is too low LMAO

Fastmail

Self-hosting.

Host your own or pay for a hosted exchange server. It's like $50 a year from any of the big companies, don't be a poorfag

This

>he doesnt know about inline GPG

elude.in

Die in a fire pedokike.

Not any more. The one I work at switched from gmail to outlook recently

phrotonmail
sadly it requires java though

Is this true? Prove it.

reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/6jdupm/the_protonmail_company_can_read_my_mails_to_my/djdn1vl/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=ProtonMail

I heard good things about tutanota, I haven't tried them though I use mostly protonmail and cockli

If I wanted to get an email address on a domain I own, what would be the best way of doing it?

Would my best bet be to use a service for it? Or use Dovecot or something on my own server?

My uni uses self hosted roundcube stuff

is anybody using teknik.io?

riseup email has never handed anything over...they use warrant canaries and said they'd rather go to jail then hand over their servers.

cockmail

Does anyone know of a good guide / news source for people who want to maintain a mail server?
Since google Google and Microsoft have the duopoly and they constantly make changes without telling anyone, so maintaining a server is a full time job.
There are some projects which configures the mailing server automatically, but they all seem to pack a ton of bloat I don't really need.

protonmail hasn't imap
What about teknik.io?

Get off this board till you figure out how email works

t. Butthurt retarded Brazillian selling drugs on the darknet making baseless accusations

just access info, the emails themselves were not

ihatenigge.rs is what I use

Host your own

Use : mailinabox.email/

Tutorial : digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-run-your-own-mail-server-with-mail-in-a-box-on-ubuntu-14-04

Server : Use Vultr's $2.5 servers.

VPS with an email server

At this point I would prefer the government. Why? Because the government, at least in theory, has to follow the rules (i.e the Constitution) whereas Google can do as it damn well pleases. You have no Bill of Rights with a private corporation. Huxley was far more insightful than Orwell at predicting the ultimate downfall of civilization.

>all these fucking vps retards itt
Host your own email server at home.
If you MUST, vpn it to a vps, but keep the data at home.

If the feds want your email, they should have to kick your fucking door in.

>2017
>using a calendar that ends next year

I wonder what the new era will be called like.

>last thread tying me to them is their mailing service
What about captcha on this very website?

wont be reliable or work well with dynamic ips that most home connections have.

this postfix is easy, and setting up microcuck outlook server is even easier

That's why I said vpn it somewhere if you must.
I've ran shit at home that's reliable since forever.

>would you rather die in cancer or aids?

"Oh boy, I can't wait to study hard and work at google!"
>Memo gets released
"Google is for losers, good thing my back up is IBM"
>Checks the CEO
Is there even a good tech company worth working for?

microsoft is an awful company too, but google is worse and outlook.com is a muche better design/service than gmail.

>Is there even a good tech company worth working for?
Uber?

Use Brave for your browser.

>>using a calendar that ends next year
He's dying already?

No, he is retiring.
Heisei 30 will be the last Heisei year (unless he manages to already die this year).

hotmail desu, i cant believe im actually saying this but i trust MS more than google desu
wow crazy timeline

>No, he is retiring.
Is he really so greedy for political power?
/joke

that's a start, thanks!!

i'd love to "de-google" my entire internet experience, and i don't feel it'd be very hard except for youtube.
is there any alternative ways to manage a youtube viewer experience, like keep track of channels and know when a channel goes live without actually signing in with google?

why the fuck isn't there as easy and reliable as gmail but secure and freedom respecting?

use NewPipe to expose rss feeds for subs and a rss reader to keep track of them

>With Yandex at least you are safe from Americans and their whores of Europe.
Kaspersky cooperated with American authorities, why Yandex would not too?

I know how it works. I'm a sys admin. Just pointing out that protonmail lies when they say all your emails cant be mathematically accessed by them.

sauce

gmx

any new emerging start up taht claims they are non partial and protects your privacy is a scam

they know that the public desperately wants those kind of services but when the gov ask them to turn over those info, they will not hesitate to do so, they are a small ass company and the gov can make them disappear easily

no idea why you morons keep recommending those small ass start ups that promises transparency and 'respect' privacy

proton mail is the biggest liar this year and they even mention they are no longer encrypting emails because they fear it might be used for the wrong thing

I just setup mine hosted on aws free tier with mail-in-a-box, only took me a few hours and once amazon approves my email limit lift it should be good to go pretty hassle free

Self host your email. Botnet free, and if your domain is your name it looks really professional.

Example: [email protected]

I'm not sure what to set my prefix to, currently I have it as [email protected] but I'm not sure about that

cock.li

doesnt matter everyone else uses google so they will still have your emails

reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/6ru9pf/ive_had_enough_of_protonmail_heres_why/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=ProtonMail

hello has worked for me. I'm a good coder, but I've landed a few good jobs with [email protected]

Not sure how much it's helped though

Go to Gandi, get a domain and set up a mail client with it?

I don't even know if this is how you Sup Forums guys do it, I just wanted to try something fancy for my email so I set it up years ago, what tier is .info anyway as far as cool domains go?

walla. not joking senpai

tutanota

hey /gee/ redpill me on openmailbox.org