Is it bad to leave the phone charging overnight? What should I do, or not do...

Is it bad to leave the phone charging overnight? What should I do, or not do, to avoid reduction of the battery life of my phone?

it will explode and kill you, your family and your dog

fucking lipos man

Yes it will kill battery overtime. Depends how charged it is. If it will still be charging or close to 100% by the time you wake up in the middle of the night to piss. Let it be and when you wake up. Unplug, use app that lets you bring the brightness lower than the normal brightness setting (night mode for Android) and put on airplane mode or turn on power saving.

New phones starting with Kitkat have some safeguards which will stop charging the battery automatically after it reaches 100%

This. Newer phones lower the power draw so it's only getting what it needs to run once the battery is fully charged.

I think it's also a big no-no to put a phone on charge if it's got anything more than 10% left on it.

>Is it bad to leave the phone charging overnight
if it's Samsung, yeah. you don't wanna burn your home down.

yes

If you want your battery health to last, only charge your phone up to 80%.
I think theres a app on android that alerts you when your battery is 80% charged

Don't worry about it. Your phone has a two year life span at most, and batteries last about 3 years honestly.

>I think it's also a big no-no to put a phone on charge if it's got anything more than 10% left on it.

Retard, that's exactly what you shouldn't do. The optimal charge for a Lithium battery is around 60-70%. Anything larger or lower (specially lower) than that will reduce its life.

no, it won't make a difference.
Your phone is a literal computer, it knows when to stop charging up your battery.

All these posts about battery health and shit, chances are you will replace your phone before your battery goes to shit anyways.

Modern devices stop charging when they reach full capacity. It's safe to leave them connected over night unless you leave your phone doing a heavy task or if your charger or device is faulty.

>2 years at most
This is my 3rd year using Galaxy S5 and I'm still using the original battery with no power issues what so ever.

What if I charge my Mi5 more than one time per day but only until 70/80%. Is that better for my battery?

I thought it was never let your charge go below 60% and always charge between 60%-80% up to 100%

?

Kys you'reselves, fucking retards. Just use your fucking shit.
And batteries in devices haven't taken damage from being plugged in since the fucking nineties.

technically yes, but nothing you'd notice
li-po batteries do not like to be above 90% or below 10% charge
will you ever notice this? probably not

It's never let your charge below 15% and charge up to 80%. I'm and never paid attention to any of this. Your battery will probably outlive your phone or live long enough until you switch to a new phone. Almost nobody keeps their phone for over 4 years and a battery will probably last longer than that.

apologize. I told you guys it didn't really matter in the other thread and didn't recieve any yous

It's funny how people are so fucking stupid that they think that engineers wouldn't account for the nature of these batteries.

>hurr you shouldn't let your phone discharge to 0%! YOU'LL DAMAGE THE CELLS!
Yeah, maybe you should put a bullet in your brain you fucking moron. 0% on your display does not mean the battery is discharged to anywhere near a dangerous level. Fucking idiots.

>It's never let your charge below 15% and charge up to 80%
kys retard. Look up some actual research on this shit, or shut your face.

Sup Forums is full of retards. Who would have thought. Here's a (you), friendo.

@61800788
>Sup Forums is full of retards
>kys reeetards
>HURRR
Yeah, retard right here.

Please, remove yourself from the internet a read a fucking book (no, your Taiwanese comics don't count) before even considering coming back, retard.

Stop telling lies, you stupid nigger cunt.
Leaving the phone on your charger as long as possible SAVES battery life. We dont have battery managements systems for no reason, retard.

When will you shit mongoloids learn?

You only get (you)s if you said something really stupid.

Yes, this is really bad! Stop charging when it's full!

Here are other Sup Forums protips:
>Save files to ramdisk and copy them before you shut down to avoid wearing out SSDs
>If your computer is always on anyways, you can recover some of the electrical cost by running a bitcoin miner
>Use Incognito mode in chrome to protect against viruses when you surf
>RAM on Linux will slowly fill up over time. Add 0 * * * * echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches to root's crontab to periodically clean it.

>Keeping your phone under pillow while charging over night
You deserve it

>a read a fucking book
Said the person calling other people retarded. And nice lack of arguments, cunt.

idk why i come here anymore

Seeing as you quoted a couple of my posts and I'm right, you should probably just kys you'reself.

These aren't nicads. Lithium cell degradation is lowest at around half charge, but they give no fucks about when you start charging them.

Charging is a meme created by the power and phone industry. If you aren't buying pre-charged batteries and swapping them when they die then you're doing it wrong.

The only thing that really matters is preventing the battery from reaching higher than 40C
Temperature immensely affects the charge cycles and lifespan of a battery. If you ever get into an overheat scenario where the batt has hit or gone past 50 celcius you're losing a relatively large amount of capacity, with more damage occurring the longer it is in that zone. It is a general rule that keeping a battery under 40C, as hard as that is, keeps heat related decay a statistically insignificant minimum

All the things I've seen people say about problems from cycling at full charge (which is technically an overvoltage charge as li batteries are designed for an optimum of 3.7v or ~60%) or staying within the 40-80% zone matter if you plan on going past the 500-600 cycle lifespan of li-poly, which generally should take 2 years at minimum unless you constantly play games on the thing.

man, stop worrying about pointless shit and do something with your life

>This is my 3rd year using Galaxy S5
My negroid compatriot. I also use the original battery and leave it plugged overnight but I can say that the battery has degraded to an extent.

ive got a fuckin galaxy note 3 with the og battery, charge it every night and it still lasts all day for me.

Charging your phone from 40% to 80% is the optimal ratio between maintaining good battery health and not going full autist

Show me one recent study or something that says it's not good for modern phones to remain at 100% charge. Good luck finding it, because it doesn't exist.

So, what's the conclusion of this thread?

OP is a faggot

I hover my phones battery between 20-80%

It's fine until the battery gets aged and you subject it to a radical usage and environment change.

Twice I've had constantly plugged in phones have the batteries completely go to shit in a few days by neeeding to subject them to tolerance extremes, when otherwise the batteries had been operating at minimal capacity loss for upwards of two years.

As with all things, proper maintenance is exercising caution.

Not with decent phones like from Sony or HTC

>muh anecdotal evidence
Great. Thanks for contributing. This one time the sun was shining and my thinkpad battery collapsed.
Not with any fucking shit that's made in the last 15 years or more. A proper fucking charging circuit costs a few cents.

Is it 1990? I don't remember my phone having a nicd battery

I'll wantonly fuck the whorehole you call a mouth, keep talking to me like that.

Yeah.. People are just fucking retarded.

Sony Xperia with Qnovo doesn't have this problem.