Why do Americans think of English people as super fancy and posh...

Why do Americans think of English people as super fancy and posh? I always see it on TV and if I'm ever forced by my little cousins to watch their shitty American vlogs they do le fancy englishmen shit and it's cringy as FUCK.

I just don't get it.

Oo hello madam might you like a spot of tea and crumpets jolly good hohoho.

Why do you Americans do this shit?

Bond and Hugh Grant were known before hooligans

they never met english people hence this romantic view

>Why do you Americans do this shit?
Because Stephen Colbert and John Oliver and Seth Meyers and Jimmy Fallon and Trevor Noah and Jimmy Kimmel say so and they get all their information (outside of school) from them.

>implying we get information from school

CALM DOWN THERE ALEX JONES

>Why do Americans think of English people as super fancy and posh?
We don't? We just use the stereotype of the English gentlemen a lot in our media, often for comic effect. The incongruity of a person who thinks of himself as proper doing improper things is considered funny.

Why do non-Americans, particularly Australians, think they have a deep understanding of American culture just because they constantly wolf down our pop culture like disgusting animals?

>American culture

>he said, speaking the American language on an American image board

No the proper englishman doesn't do unproper things, but I'm talking about the ways Americans fantasize about and role play le fancy British man.

And don't try to tell me this isn't true. There's even the huge trend about le fancy moustache and monocle and top hat bullshit you got going. It was so annoying being on the Internet at its height. Non stop le fancy englishman look everywhere and people acting in that manner

Come on Americans

Tally ho, wankas

Kek.

I find it funny how Americans find it so fun to be British but are so scared of the word cunt

We're scared of how women react to that word.

if english are so tough why did they get rekt by russian hooligans in france

>We're scared of [...] women
indeed
coinciding with our inexorable and permanent decline in global power and economic growth

Yeah, this "trend" is mostly contained to your constant imaginary fantasies about what Americans are doing and thinking, and, as you have just admitted, is based on your time browsing Reddit. As a solution, I suggest stop obsessing over my country and stop using Reddit memes to prop up your bizarre stereotypes.

Three days ago my nation celebrated killing tens of thousands of British people with one of the largest fireworks displays on the planet right on our National Mall. On the other hand, your nation has actually placed the British flag on top of its own flag and regularly celebrates its depedence to the UK. If anybody wants to be a "le fancy Englishman," it is clearly the Australian

>3 days ago
4th of July was 4 days ago lad.

Not obsessing about you either, forced to deal with your shit on anything I look at anywhere on the Internet or TV or even in games so I see let fancy British man thing all the time.

We don't want to be the fancy British man and besides we are still under the Queen.

I am actually the fancy English gentleman you think doesn't exist anymore.

Cuck

so a fedora tipper? kek

Cringe

because we look directly at the royals and rich English people

>americans expect you to be fancy and posh
>actually you're poor and have a thick accent that's hard to understand

Don't worry if you're a northerner we don't even expect you to act human

It's still the 7th in the land of the free.

what are "things that are made up about americans", Alex?

I'm not even northern, I just have a thick lower-class London accent

No see I learned about America through Sup Forums memes, Reddit, and Seinfeld

>We don't want to be the fancy British man

You're not. The last time an Aussie was popular in American media, he got killed by a fish.

underrated post

Europeans will also claim that they are not also stupid as fuck low testosterone barely human cattle like americans, but this is not the case.

Anybody who's been to Europe knows this. Sadly, not many Americans travel to any place that doesn't have warm sandy beaches and drinks with little umbrellas.

The European superiority complex isn't as strong here as it is on places like 9gag and reddit.

Bullshit, even the third world shitskins on here have a "superiority complex", especially in regards to Americans, which is 10x more hilarious than when it's coming from a European.

I am super fancy and posh u cunt

Hey Dundee is still a national hero

Lol bullshit, it's way worse here, on Reddit you don't know who is who and Brits aren't nearly as insufferable

Only poor people go to Europe for a Holiday m8 (Excluding France,Germany and Scandinavia)

Brits coming here are trashy as fuck.

t. guy who lives in the south of France and thinks that's actually France

>Hey Dundee is still a national hero

I know. Paul Hogan is a genuinely nice man as well from when I met him years ago. That's why I said "last", Dundee was the 80's bro.

I live in the alps and only people with a decent sum of dosh can come here.

I reiterate, brits are trashy as fuck, followed by dutch and russians.

The Brits who go to the Alps are trashy?

Poor people are trash regardless of whatever country they come from.

>The Brits who go to the Alps are trashy?
Yes, even the rich ones.

It's not that bad here. Try reading the comments section on any 9gag post even vaguely related to America. It's nothing but references to Bernie Sanders, free healthcare and "retard units".

You just gotta separate the banter from the chaff.

The only non-trash Brit's I've met on holiday were some old people in la Brenne, but most Brits iin France are certainly trashy
>dutch
But caravan-Dutch have no dosh. Your story is full of holes

Because the only English people you really see here are very well educated professionals that get jobs here, usually in academia, or people who are rich enough to piss away thousands more to go on the same beach vacation they could have done in italy or greece. just to say they 'holidayed in america'

It's really our retarded media. Whenever there's a historical/fantasy show on TV the aristocrats speak with a posh British English (see: Rome, GoT etc) the English stereotype is handsome gentlemen with top hats sipping tea and eating crumpets instead of an obese retard with a Liverpool t-shirt stuffing his face with some greasy crap.

So yeah, the media.

well that is true to some extent, that stereotype is perpetuated, but we also dont see "obese retard with a Liverpool t-shirt stuffing his face with some greasy crap." cause he cant afford to vacation here

>But caravan-Dutch have no dosh. Your story is full of holes
Not talking about the caravan people. Those are going in the south of France with the brits.

99% of the English people we see are actors, politicians, reporters and royals. They usually dress well and speak BBC newsreader english. We don't see a lot of thick accented, hard drinking working class type of Englishman. Unless of course we go out of our way to watch a lot of British television shows.

Non-Americans are credulous buffoons

Good posts

>American posts a picture of the sun emerging from the horizon and writes "what a wonderful sunrise guys!"
>the responses pour in from all over the world
>"the sun is a stupid meme, it's just a bang average star."
>"Holy shit Amerilard you do understand that the sun doesn't actually rise?"
>"Burgers are amused by barf-coloured skies, so typical of their crass outlook in life, not to mention their """humor""". I prefer Monty Python and a nice layer sediment"

Because they are associated with being like the overlords and the Kings+Queens of the olden times. Not to mention all the classical literature, etc. And lords/ladies etc. Honestly, even on Sup Forums Brits seem pretty classy to me, they look like professionals compared to Latinos or Aussies or French or Turk etc etc.

this is actually partially true

Is this actually true in Europe then

Always figured we were pretty bad, I mean I'm well behaved but I did make the stupid mistake of wearing a braves jersey through London once lmao oops

Italian arrives on Ellis Island circa 1904

I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean

SPAGHETTI SPAGHETTI MEAT-A-BOOL

kek

Could literally just post the picture of said sun, no text, and the replies would still be the same, if not worse.

M'lady