Explain this, winfags

Explain this, winfags

Simple, you shouldn't be using poo in loo Operating system

this means that ur gay lol

I'm not a winfag, but what the fuck are you showing to me?

explain why you can't create a username with numbers

His OS is forcing him to rename an extension only filename.

mkdir .adas

mkdir and explorer are different programs, huzzah

Lol

Why is explorer enforcing arbitrary naming restrictions on files/directories?

Because no automatic root.

You must type in a filename, newfriend. You only typed an extension.

Normies falling for bait throughout the better part of the past 2 decades is why. Telemetry at work.

Why can I use the terminal to create dotfiles but not the graphical shell?

This

>directory
>extension

you're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

The NTFS file system supports more features than Explorer makes available. It's dumb, but that's the reason. There are probably historic reasons/"don't scare the old people" reasons.

Some operating systems actually recognize extensions on directories (e.g., ".app" on OS X).

The OS perceived your ignorance and it's trolling you. So you learn the difference between a file and a folder.

kek

OS X is clobbered together mess; a hodge-podge collection of various mismatched paradigms smushed together and spray-painted an appealing shade of gray.

for every good idea it has it has ten bad ideas under the surface.

>tfw trying to create a .gitignore file on windows
Life is suffering.

This. You can create folders that are hardcoded to input channels in windows or have two files with same names but different capitalization. NTFS is cool with it but windows usually freaks out in one way or other.

t. wintoddler

Fucking nerds. Just play video games and stop complaining.

To those who don't know, you can still make a directory with a . prefix if you add another period to the end of the filename. The last period will just disappear.

wow

.adas.

You stupid cuck.