Are 21:9 monitors a meme?

Are 21:9 monitors a meme?

With a 1080 vertical resolution it seems like a joke.

Depends how much you care about resolution, which apparently is more than me. I'm usually happy with 1920x1080 so having more horizontal space without bezels is appealing to me.

Nah, they are pretty nice for youtube and multitasking. Also nice for programming because split 21:9 is life.

If you're programming, you have a ton of space to work with. If you're a student, you can use it to scroll through tons of info using it vertically or just view 3 windows at once, making it effective to comb through documents whilst writing a paper.

I remember using it to edit images I needed for my materials science class. Really helped to have 4 separate folders open as well as my 1920x1080 monitor to do the editing on.

yo yo yo yo yo yo

check out... 3440 x 1440

What's wrong with 2 monitors?

Still not 2160p m8

This. I couldn't use a 2560x1080 seriously for anything but gaming.

I'm in favor of it? Yea, I know people don't like mixing a 16:9 with a 21:9, but I find it pretty useful. I can also watch 21:9 movies without black bars.

>2 separate monitors
>2 seperate
>2
I got my 21:9 because of movies and shit. Found out it's actually the shit when it comes to productivity. Unlike having 2 monitors side by side where I can only pay attention to one at a time, with a 21:9 I see the whole monitor but it's like it's 2 monitors. It's pretty lit

I told you, I'd rather not have bezel in the middle.

stop making this thread

/hidden (no stubs)

Would 1280x1024 be OK?

How about two 1280x1024 screens side by side?

How about two 1280x1024 screens plus a 56px dock underneath?

gaymur meme

Don't trick him like this user.

Absolutely. If you buy it, you will experience

>Less multitasking
>More annoying black bars
>Most games dont support it and never will because it's a niche product for autists
>Neck pain

I bought two because they were dirt cheap.
And it's way better than 1920x1080 IMO.

But I prefer my 2560x1440 screens.

post your battlestation, there is no way you are using two ultrawides. it's simply too big and would snap your neck

Who the fuck watches movies on a 27" LCD???

People who don't own a tv

A student who doesn't wanna fork out for a television?

Get a projector you poorfags and watch it on your wall at 110".

I don't use them side by side.

I keep one in my office, as a spare.
And the other I put in a semi public demo booth (it's so cheap I don't really care if it gets stolen).

If I'm ever getting a projector, it's gonna be a decent one. I hate how whites are always blown out on cheap ass projectors. At that point, it's cheaper to buy a 40 in. 4k tv. user, don't be retarded, we know what's good. We just can't afford it or don't need or want it. A good projector setup costs more than a decent t.v.

>less multitasking
what
>most games dont support it
Straight false
>neck pain
Depends on height of monitor and position
>product for autists
Well.....got me.

You get more productivity with two normal monitors. But faggots like you can't stand that particular 2mm bezel so you obviously prefer the ultrawide meme shit. But don't spread misinformation and say ultrawide is better for multitasking when it isn't. You get less space and it's not in the center.

>>neck pain
>Depends on height of monitor and position

This is true.

And turning your head side to side never causes neck pain, it's a very natural movement you can do all day long.

It's turning your head up and down, as you have to when sitting close to very tall screens, is unnatural and can lead to neck pain.

Factories spawn panels and those that are garbage become Ultrawide so artists can buy them and enjoy their black bars watching animu

But it is though. Stay salty.

>hurr durr EVERYONE MUST FALL INTO MY SUBJECTIVE VIEW OR BTFO

stop user.

Also, what about just one big ultrawide? You just are salty for really no reason. When it comes down to it, monitors are personal preference. I just happen to prefer something you don't, and find it helps me with multitasking.

They are nice for movies but for everything else I'd rather use 2 16:9, or better 16:10 screens.

That's fucking disgusting.
That's the worse thing you could have said.

Make your choice, Sup Forums

>What is a projector screen

Are you retarded?

Make all top 3 into 16:10 and you're God Tier.

I've gone through quite a few 21:9 monitors and I can confidently say that optimally you don't want to go below 34 inches with a 3440x1440 monitor as the resolution just feels wasted. 29 inch 2560 x 1080 monitors are quite common but they're pretty shit because you end up having less screen real estate in comparison to two 1080 monitors... for the same price. 25 inch 2560x1080 monitors are solid no-go's, and personally I wouldn't buy any 2560x1080 monitor unless it had a high refresh rate.