Converted all my MP3s into FLACs

>converted all my MP3s into FLACs
>they sound phenomenal now
holy shit guys I thought it was a meme. flac is real deal. thanks for the advice.

FLAC doesn't make the music sound better, your music just won't degrade over time now.

You're doing something wrong if your music degrades over time, friend.

My music doesn't degrade over time because I use lossless.
That was my point, buddy.

good job finally joining the flac crowd guy, how long till you get a dac and truely get to enjoy your music the way it was meant to be heard compadre?

>falling for the (((music))) meme

Good goy! Don't worry your pretty little head about politics and boring things like that. Just lay back and listen to the latest Nicki Minaj banger... we'll take care of everything.

>waste time encoding already compressed audio to lossless

Hurrr durrrr ima audiophile now.
Fucking idiot.

My 128kbps MP3's sound just as good as they sounded 13 years ago when I downloaded them through Limewire.

The same can't be said for the FLAC files I made from them.

Tell that to Barry Manilow.

Retarded retards on a retarded website for retards pretending to be bigger retards.
I guess the jokes on me, because I'm really struggling not to get triggered.

>My 128kbps MP3's sound just as good as they sounded 13 years ago

i think you mean they sound the same, 128kbps didn't even sound good in 2004.

Came in here just to say this. What the fuck are the rest of you dumb niggers talking about.

finaly i can share my new bait pics

What an utterly retarded post

Explain what degradation is.

he "understood" lossy as losing quality overtime. he's a funny guy. get it?

No, loss is a comic.

shouldn't summer be over by now, aren't all the newfriends back in school already?

>person asks question to see if idiot knows what he's talking about
>idiot goes "hur hur you don't know? Stupid summer fag"

Hearing the difference now isn't the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is 'lossy'. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don't want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.
I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange...well don't get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren't stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you'll be glad you did.

Do you have any proof to back that up? At minimum a Wikipedia article since this sounds like a serious issue with storage mediums.

What sort of frame rate are you getting?

>trusting a source that can be edited by anyone at anytime
>implying the big mp3 doesn't keep track of the wiki so people will keep using their shitty proprietary format

i could edit dick cheneys wiki page to say he's one of the crab people from the earths crust and over 5000 years old, but that doesn't make it true.

my brain hurts.
8/10 op

probably 24, that's all the human eye can see on a 144 refresh HD monitor

Fuck me, I'll admit it took me a while to get it.

Good one OP

pfft what a noob, when i upgraded my mp3's to flac i easily got 60fps with dips down to 52fps when i play bands like slipknot who have alot of instruments, or some grindcore with a bunch of time signature changes.

Just link me to the Wikipedia article and point out the inconsistencies

>24
If you want steady 60fps you have to convert all your music to pcm.

if you don't know how to find a wikipedia article what the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums? why do we have to find everything for you.

not you're personal lycros web crawler my dude.

You must be very autistic to actually hear a difference between different audio formats or different kbps

Collections typically don't come in flac format sadly, I have to download individual songs and shit to get flac

And fuck sucking cocks to get into some private tracker

How to download music from musicmp3.ru Or any streaming site with just a crappy android.

>not you're
learn english pajeet

ITT: trolls trolling newfags who think they're oldfags being trolled by a summerfag

>oldfags being trolled by a summerfag
i'm not a summerfag, i've been here since april

>can't even back up own claims

Dayum son, now I feel bad for beating up a retard.

>rotational velocidensity
fuggin kek

>thinking you have to be an oldfag to be smart
my dude, your iq decreases the longer you're here

How do you go about avoiding rotational velocidensity on your MP3s then?

Converting MP3 to FLAC is like making a picture smaller and upscale the smaller version.

Soulseek nigger

rutracker.org

Convert to lossless obviously

It's an old meme.

cancer. destroy it all

wait until you get a tube amp. Your music is going to sound warm like never before.

They usually have things as mp3 collection, for instance susumu hirasawa and Ali project I downloaded recently

daily reminder that Rotational Faggotdensity is just a meme

so every time I copy paste my mp3 I lose 5% quality?

garbage in, garbage out
there is no magic

Wait a second... How CONVERTING mp3 to flac gives better audio quality..?

No one?
I mean, while "upconverting" mp3 in the end it's larger file with mp3 quality... Is it me or this thread retarded..?

Jesus Christ, it's a fucking joke. You autistic fucking retards.

>anons pretending to be retarded
>retarded anons thinking it's unironic
>pretending retards pretend even more
>retards staying retards
>this whole thread

Ahh summer is eternal

1/10 troll

Implying that retarded threads isn't because of summer.

Summer's on the way out.
It won't be long now!

No, stop listening to retards

What? By that logic any hobby except for talking about politics is a waste of time.

I cannot comprehend how so many people actually fall for the bait