Why the fuck does Sup Forums hate ultrabooks?

Why the fuck does Sup Forums hate ultrabooks?

Fashion accessories.

There are business ultrabooks like the ThinkPad X1 Carbon.

Because it's a marketing buzzword by Intel

- Posted from my DELL XPS13 Ultrabook

Pretty much this.

If you really want portability get a Tablet PC else stick to a mini-itx desktop. Hell, mount the mini-itx to the back of a 24" monitor if you're that much of a minimalistfag.

We called them business laptops for the last 20 years.

Because you are nostalgic for the early 2000s.

How does that refute the point that they were called business laptops, and still are.

They still are.

- Posted from my HP EliteBook 9470m Ultrabook PC

It does?
They are actually very comfy. It's nice to have a portable fully fledged system with an OS that doesn't get in your way (compared to Android or ios)

What's the best price/performance business laptop?

define performance

13 inch ultrabooks are pointless since they don't have dedicated graphics which means they're only good enough for browsing the internet/sending emails/doing office work and maybe some programming, which you can do on any laptop running Linux

You can always run Linux on your ultrabook

>You can spend $800-1200 to get marginally better user experience than you'd get on a $300-500 device
I could, but why would I?

Image editing, web browsing, light streaming.

and what the fuck are you going to do with 13 inch laptop? Bitcoint mining?
Ultrabooks are nice for some development tasks on the go where all you need is a good CPU.
Also this

they're poor

why the fuck does Sup Forums hate shitposting and shilling?

>Image editing
Depends on the type of image editing. It's very hard to be productive in PS, Illustrator, etc. with low powered GPU

I hate Intel to be honest with you

Making vectors for the most part.

I am Sup Forums and I use one as my main device.

You mean laptops?

usually those cant be opened and you cant do anything to it even if it could be opened because everything is soldered to the board.

ultrabooks are laptops
laptops are shit
therefore hate ultrabooks.

cucked cpu

I don't hate them, but I lament the traction they gained in the market. This is because there's now little incentive for manufacturers to produce mid-range slim notebooks at mid-range prices.

They either produce absolute shit at the netbook/Chromebook tier or they use decent guts but in flashy cases with nice displays and start in the $800s. There's no need for them to use the same stock of components to manufacture something in the middle when they can just get more for basically free.