>implying you know my pain

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/health-38640068
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off grandpa

The majority of Texas does

who /who here/ here?

>600ms+ ping
Other than ping for gayming and the terrible data caps, it's around 20Mbps down / 6Mbps Up. Glad I got rid of that shit though desu
>Only allowed 30GB of data a month
>30GB of "bonus" data

how much did it cost?

Faster than my ATT service.

I get my internet from 4 miles away using an wifi antenna on my roof which is then connected to a tp-link modem which creates a new SSID for wifi in the house and an ethernet interface which is how I connect my desktop
2mbps / 60kbps.
At least it's unlimited but the most I can download with this speed is like 300GB and that's downloading 24/7.
Surprisingly I can play online games without problems most of the time my ping is in average the 40ms and 100ms, US servers obviously.
I pay $20

my ping to google.com is in average of 26ms right now which is peek hours but something it can be as low as 15ms and sometime it just plain bad.

Hey gramps, enjoy dialup speeds.

Did you mean 300Gb per day? Even 300Gbps on wifi over 4 miles is unachievable with 2 spatial streams.

Could you somehow wrangle free internet this way in a remote location for a cabin? I could finally fuck off and never speak to a dirty humie again.

He's implying that he can download up to 300 GBs before his "cap" resets

Uh, no, he's implying that his 2mbps download is so slow that even if he downloaded at top speed 24/7 he'd only hit 300GB a month.

I'm not going to do the math to see if that claim is accurate.

I know this feel
Worth it cause I'm out in the country but it does bother me sometimes

>USA
>first world country
Top lel.

Until 2013, in a fairly urbanised area of the UK (prior to fibre integration that year) I literally had 1mbps speeds

>implying i don't
desu fuck suburbs
i was getting barely 1/1 mbps, before deciding to switch to mobile. problem is literally everyone have switched and now i get about 3mbps

I switched to 4G plan, so I was paying $70 a month. They literally have no competition, which allows them to charge so much for so little. It's either pay them, or no internet.

Why don't Americans recognize the inherent usefulness and necessity of Internet and health services, and instead of paying more for inferior solutions, why don't they implement a compulsory participation system that will enable better services for lower prices?

Like every other developed country on Earth?

fuck off commie, we don't need your planned economy

Obama brought rural monopolies into existence with huge subsidiaries. Thanks Obama.

underage detected

>[insult]
wow nice sure showed me, I'll just go back to facebook now, goodbye

I had HughesNet (before their new infrastructure went out) from 2008 to 2010. It was the most miserable time of my life. Ping was 2200ms at best, 18gb a month for $75, something like 3 or 4mbps down. I played WoW on this after moving from suburbia where I grew up to the middle of no where in 2008.
Once 3g rolled out I was stuck in a contract with sprint and only verizon served the address so I ended up paying the ETF on my sprint contract and got the first droid which I used for tethering for the last couple of months I was in the house.
Can you believe that literal days after I moved out the cable company expanded the network down the road? I could see where the coax on the pole ended from my yard and they still wanted almost $2500 to run it to the house.
This was about half a mile from where woodstock took place. I emailed every ISP you could think of begging and even looked into ISDN(slow but lower pings) and t1. Never again. Now I live in a rural area and there is 100mbps down available for $45 for the first year(I just cancel the account and make a new one every year.
Now that I'm 25 I've chosen my apartments(rented rooms really, still rural) based solely on the ISP and closest gym.

look mom i used that funny word again xD

Fuck off animetard.

t buttblasted commie

look mom i posted two funny words now xD

look mom, I want a government that tells me what to do, just like you

>commie """""""""""""""""""""""humor""""""""""""""""""""""

Yeah, because when leaders elected in a democratic system vote on a decision it's not the will of the people being manifested. In a shithole like the US, it sure isn't though.

>US
>free

Hahaha! Amerilards are so funny.

HURR, look how much I pay for an inferior quality of life. I'm wasting twice as much as you on a shit health plan while you pay half as much on a system with total coverage nationwide. Durr, look how le free i am your gobunisd xddd

where do you live?

i know your pain, had to deal with that shit for like 10 years. eventually my parents switched to microwave internet which had lower latency i think but it went out constantly.

it only really matters for games. everything else takes patience. but you can play hearthstone at least.

>evading the truth
>waiting for the right amount of information to retort with shitposting as a means of taking the focus off this negative position you are in
Sorry friend. :^p

get back to me when you don't live in a majority Anglo Saxon community not filled with niggers and illegal immigration, and your precious NHS is billions in red and underfunded

Get back to me when you need a $1,000,000 heart transplant your plan won't cover while everyone else pays nothing in New Zealand, Japan or Switzerland because they have already been paying much less in taxes on a non-profit plan with MUCH higher overall funding that goes towards paying for services and not stuffing the ass of some fat kike with money.

yep, you live in a culturally homogeneous country.

Yet all your politicians come to Amerikkka for their operations.

>Countries with no persons of African or Middle Eastern descent.

You're a retard if you prefer a government to manage your own money. Eliminate yourself.

I'm not even american.

I prefer my money to be efficiently used. When paying capitalists, you're paying their profit margins, and so your money is not being efficiently used.

>the free market will fix it
:^)

Hey kiddo, you need profit to survive, for you know, pay for doctors, fund infrastructure, fund research, deal with emergencies. Did you know even non-profits make money? Did you know the insurance companies are pulling out of Obamacare markets because they loose tens of millions each year? It's not even about making money at this point.

Maybe if I didn't have to buy a plan to fund baby killing, contraception, pregnancy, ((((mental health treatment)))) I could put more money in my IRA.

>government
>efficiently using money
i hope you're just shitposting

Efficient public health services doesn't pay any fees arbitrarily charged by private entities. It's doctors that willingly work in a public hospital or in a private clinic that adheres to public health plans. And guess what, there REALLY is a lot of adherence.

It's a public service. People at some point realized if everyone paid for something they know they will need, and actually took it in their hands to run the system, they'll pay less for more.

If a non-profit (private or public) hospital charges $50 for an ECG, why would you pay $200 on a private cardiologist? Or even MORE? In this system, doctors earn less. Boohoo. Want to earn more? Go to the US or just get the fuck out of the country? Guess what, that DOESN'T happen. Not in a scale that matters. The health system is just as efficient, if not more, health professionals are satisfied, and so is everyone else.

bbc.com/news/health-38640068

There has been a shortage of medical practitioners elsewhere, not just in the UK. And most of that shortage is due to the unequal territorial distribution of professionals. This is the case in a number of countries.

This was similar to dentistry. Its "golden age" is long gone, but saying that is very questionable. Dentistry is as advanced as ever now, it's more affordable and more widely available. Same thing is bound to happen with doctors.

It's not a shortage of staff on the NHS. It's a shortage of staff in the UK, in Europe, in Asia, everywhere.

It it illegal to criticize your precious NHS?

I'm not covered by the NHS. I'm just clarifying on the situation that is going on in UK and other countries.

It should be illegal to pretend to be retarded though. So quit doing it.

Maybe stop importing your labor force, and start funding your health services ?

my parents live in a rural area of colorado and they still only get 2mbps down max

>defending president nigger
go back to /r/technology

I live in Como and get 5
:^)

>Maybe stop importing your labor force
But we don't have enough in our country, that's why we (and just about every other 1st world country) imports them.

>and start funding your health services ?
The Tories are trying to kill it like they did with the railway, they withhold funding and slowly make the service worse and worse until they can drum up enough support to privatise it by throwing propaganda out about how terrible the state-run service is.

Destroy your culture and national identity for a few sheckles. Incredibly sad.

latency, more like wait-and-see