USB adapter

Is there such thing as an adapter that turns a plug into a USB?

I know there are many options to adapt a USB for a wall socket but i need the other way round. Does it exist?

No.

When does summer end

fuck off nigger. I've been here longer than you by at least five years.
I'm just not technology savvy

Well shit.

Got a laptop speaker but it turns out it has to be plugged in.
That's some shit

Tru, but I won't fuck off.

In case you're interested, USB 3.0 can supply a maximum of 1500mA. Your standard burger wall outlet can output up to 15000mA. From that knowledge, how feasible does a USB -> Wall Outlet adapter sound?

Wtf, use a regular phone charger u dumb cunt

how would that help? i'm not trying ti charge a phone

I'm not sure why a USB to wall plug is feasible but a wall plug to USB wouldn't be

Hire an electrician to punch you in the face, fastest way to learn

Wtf, use a regular phone charger u dumb cunt

Ffs, the volts and amps are the same to the ones from a computer.

>Ffs, the volts and amps are the same to the ones from a computer.

Well that sounds good. So what i need is an adapter into which a plug can be placed with the other end being a USB

This is not a phone. It's not a micro USB on one end. It's a power cable to a laptop speaker

You are really dumb.

What the fuck is a laptop speaker.

this thread is bait

Are you talking about an OTG cable OP?

plugged into a 110v wall outlet?
Is there a wall wart or step down box on the cable at all?

it might be possible you could wire it into the laptop with some foolish splicing from the psu but unlikely to ever work through an unmodified usb port.

without knowing power specs on the wall wart or power adapter, or speaker unit in case there is no adapter, your really not asking very answerable questions.

you'll likely be able to find a 12v wire or pad somewhere in a laptop you could solder onto and probably make a 12v speaker work
but we're talking about opening your laptop case and probably soldering it in
not a plug unless you engineer it with one

Post pics of cable. Idk if it's bait but i'm bored

Like a speaker you plug into the headphone jack because your laptop is too quiet

Nah. I don't need a micro USB.

I need something that converts a wall plug into a USB.
There are many adapters for a USB to wall plug as shown in my original pic but i need the other way round

I just want a car charger that doesn't cause static through the aux port.

It's just a power cable that would fit into your laptop. Or in this case a speaker.

One end plugs into the speaker and the other into the wall. I'm wondering if there is an adapter that you can put the wall plug into and the other and fits into a USB port

You want to produce 120v out of your 5v USB port? That's funny!

Use a frequenzy controller and a capacitor ladder for up-scaling the voltage.

You can probably not power anything from it anyway.

He just fucking explained it to you, retard.

apparently

lol calm down, nerd

it would def not be that easy.
the presence of a wall plug means your device (or at least the charger/power supply) is engineered for 110v or 220v mains. it most likely steps it down to a more usable voltage but with a wall cable you need that 110 or 220 volts for the step down box to work . otherwise you would need to make your own cable and find a suitable voltage pad on your laptop somewhere to solder onto.

a usb port is not going to have the voltage you need (especially the port on a laptop) I'm almost sure of it, even though you haven't bothered to post any specifics

use a di box with a ground lift switch

Ah i see. Well thanks for the detailed answer.
I haven't posted any details because i don't know any. I'm barely using Internets lol

Thanks anyway

You say the cable resembles a laptop charger, its likely your laptop battery actually puts out the voltage you need and it could be modified to work.

I would only ever try to splice in an external device on a laptop if I knew the laptop was approved for destruction. There would be a very high change that you would overdraw your battery during simultaneous laptop and speaker usage. whatever you solder your speaker only is having power robbed from it because of the modification

I wouldn't hesitate to do it on a desktop atx power supply though, sounds like a neat project.

I still don't understand what the fuck the OP is talking about.

OP has a powered speaker he wants to use with his laptop. problem is the speaker plugs into a wall outlet, op wants to power it from his laptop using a usb port somehow and is asking for an adapter that does such a thing

I think

Morons, the lot of you. lmgtfy, OP.

Haven't you ever been to a hardware store???

the most correct interpretation ITT
OP needs to learn some language

confirmed moron

I'm wired to only answer logical questions.