NoScript

>visit site
>white screen nothing works
>tons of blocked scripts
>temporarily unblock everything because i dont have the time to test every single one to see if its that specific script thats crashing everything
>site still doesnt work
>after unblocking everything, a bunch of new scripts popped up that are blocked
>unblock everything again, because time and effort
>repeat until site works

I'm having a love/hate relationship to this thing

Other urls found in this thread:

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>noscript

Just use umatrix, the basic site will always there and you just need a little fiddling to get everything to work.

i tried it and couldnt wrap my head around that matrix thing.

seemed like the same problem i'm having with noscript would happen there as well

You literally just disable/enable scripts, media and requests by clicking on the lower or upper half of the fields.

use umatrix

thats what i'm doing with noscript, no?

>PEBKAC
Many webpages have scripts. Some people like to control which scripts are run on their hardware.

Don't use a script blocker. It isn't mean to be used by people like you.

Use an adblocker like uBlock or ABP and go about your day.

use umatrix

just enable domains that seem like they are necessary for the site and then save settings.

just look through the column on the leftmost side and click the top-half of the box domain names are in that you want to enable.

by the name you can generally tell if its needed for site functionality or not.

domain names that are default in red are advertisers and just leave red.

for example, you try to login somewhere and it doesnt work. look at what umatrix is blocking and enable login.example.com or whatever and hit refresh

Except you have much better control and it has a much better overview at the same time.

>2017
>NoScript
ublock + ghostery nigga

use umatrix (and also gentoo)

this.
Ive used umatrix and noscript.

umatrix is far superiour

you'll figure out what scripts are required after a while, then just whitelist the sites you use most frequently. its not that hard

umatrix is a meme

>umatrix is a meme
it is objectively superior

This is mostly a problem when visiting a new site, where you have to go through all the scripts to find which ones are messing stuff up. Its common that websites use logical names for stuff like media.url.com for media etc. But others have no order in their scripts and its impossible to know what does what in the list.

I dont see how umatrix fixes this because from what i saw it was just noscript with an ui.

umatrix further divides scripts into css, cookies, image, media, script. xhr, frame and other making it an easier process to locate what is messing things up

some are more complicated than others. if its really bad you just allow scripts globally for a period of time (if you trust the site)

>I dont see how umatrix fixes this because from what i saw it was just noscript with an ui
thats basically what im saying. if you're going to use any type of script blocking/filters its a given you have to spend the time to figure it out

also, umatrix blocks more than scripts. it blocks all connections to third party sites.

this greatly increases web page loading speeds and allows you even more fine grained control over what you connect to

Is uMatrix Firefox v57 compatible? Or is it going to be?

idk, firefox is only on version 54
>mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/

v55 was released yesterday

>the basic site will always there
How? If NoScript stops a script from loading the page wouldn't uMatrix too, or does it allow scripts by default?

>ghostery

Gorhill just released a pure WebExtensions version a few hours ago.

NetRunner will make NoScript irrelevant.

I just leave those websites.

If they are not a website I can leave (for example, I am buying something from newegg or whatever) then I open the site in a virginal unprotected browser like edge or chrome and hope it doesn't get infected with something.

>temporarily unblock everything because i dont have the time to test every single one to see if its that specific script thats crashing everything
You are everything wrong with the world today.

never heard of it

There hasn't even been any threads on it in a while, it will never actually be built just like every other project on here

>ghostery
enjoy your botnet

explain how is botnet pls

>there are still people who aren't boycotting pleebnet wobsites like that
>there are still people who don't use umatrix

this!
I have ungoogled chromium as a backup if no script fucks up too hard or I need to do things involving money transactions.

what's wrong with noscript?

How do I change the icon? It is so ugly, I don't want to install it. Why do they have to use such an ugly an amateur looking icon?

can umatrix replace all the functions made by noscript+request policy?

Nothing. It's just faggots that like to create rivalries with everything they don't use, in this case, autistic umatrix users antagonizing noscript.

and all this just to show few lines of text...

P-p-p-promithes promithes promithes

It requires iq > 80 to use

It is Chrome compatible. So yes.

>seemed like the same problem i'm having with noscript would happen there as well
No.

If you allow all scripts with one click on the "script" column header, all non-blacklisted scripts will be allowed with no need to further allow after reloading the page.

You would still have an issue only if the page still need one script which is blacklisted (rare).