WTF Staples

So I order this from staples

staples.com/Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS-Hotas-Joystick-for-PC-2960773/product_IM14T8749

Instead I was only sent the joystick, now they are telling me that it is out of stock and the only way I can get what I ordered is to return the item and then pay for this.

staples.com/Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS-Hotas-Joystick-Controller-Wired-Black/product_IM11Y9579

They will not send me the throttle and only issue a return.

I am wrong in being pissed. and what should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

about.usps.com/publications/pub300a/pub300a_tech_021.htm
ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sue the fuckers

tbbqh i did not know staples was still around
the slow, terminal but too-long decline of a once-useful entity. a terrible way to go.

are you even an adult? sort it out yourself

The one in my town put a "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS" banner up on a Sunday morning and was empty by Saturday evening. I didn't even get to go in and rape them for anything good that may have been left.

Return the item and buy what you want from amazon like a normal person

I am trying to sort it out. I want to screw them over as much as I can. Now my order says it is a FCS hotas but my packing slip says FCS flight stick. Would this constitute a an unsolicited item?

about.usps.com/publications/pub300a/pub300a_tech_021.htm

and then wait 30 days and file with my bank to cancel the order, then file with the FTC for violation of the mail, internet, or telephone order merchandise rule

this item was $40 less than amazon

You should check out CH products instead, they're a bit more expensive but nothing too crazy, the stuff lasts forever and works really well. If you want to go crazy then I'd suggest checking out VKB Sim, it is expensive, sticks start at $100.

File a chargeback you dumb shit. Are you even American or what?

very much an american, I already am talking to my bank about this. I am just trying to get the most I can out of their fuck up.

bring up the fact that the product description clearly advertises having the throttle

if nothing else, return it and bitch to their customer service people until they give you a discount coupon or some shit

Ask for a paid return. If they refuse cashback the fuckers, and never buy from them again.

This isn't unsolicited mail, this is a wrong item sent. Send it back using their provided label.

The one on amazon comes with a throttle.

>this item was $40 less than amazon
For a good reason you just found out.

I did they said it's a typo and they are not responsible for that according to their terms and policies.

The one in my town basically holds the school district by the balls so there is no way they're ever going out of business.

>So I order this from staples

What the fuck. Who the hell online orders something from Staples. I could understand going to the retail store if you need something before shipping, but for what purpose?

They ended up giving me $75 buck in coupons.

I did some more research and since they sent me the wrong item I am not obligated to return it. Since they do not have that item to ship me it is their responsibility to either ask if I am alright with delayed shipping or cancel the order outright and issue me a full refund within 7 days of either them or I canceling the order.

This is per Federal Trade Commission regulations, specifically the Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule.

If they do not comply they are subject to a fine of up to $40,654 per violation.

ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order

There you go if you are interested in reading up on this.

And I never order anything through staples. I do use Amazon like normal people but I figured they priced the item too low and took a chance with it.

I figured since you cant really go out to a brick and mortar store for computer related items, someone here would have come across this situation already.

What game? Elite? Get an X56 instead. Worth the extra cash.

This was supposed to be a gift for my nephew, I saw him playing x-plane with a xbox controller. He said he was interested in flying but couldn't afford taking flight lessons.

Ah ok gotcha, yeah price more in line for a gift (and I must admit I do like the T16000m joystick).

What a hassle, glad it worked out (more or less).

I saw the x56, I was really looking at the saitek yoke but that's a little out of my price range right now. If he keeps up with the learning to fly ill probably pick up that for him.