/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ssB6r-V9v_U
rinchoi.blogspot.com/2010/05/headphone-equalization.html
innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-frequency-response-part-one
hauptmikrofon.de/theile/1986-3_Standardization-of-studio-headphones_JAES-1986.pdf
vbn.aau.dk/files/227876689/2008_Hammersh_i_and_M_ller_AAA.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How to improve /hpg/ in just a few clicks:

1. Click on the [Settings] link at the top or bottom of the page
2. Click on Filters & Post Hiding
3. Click the [Edit] link next to Filter and highlight specific threads/posts
4. Paste !WKOEehnYmc in to the box underneath pattern and tick the Hide box
5. Click Save, and then Save Settings

You now have a cancer free /hpg/ experience.

Second for HD800.

glomf

Enjoy the no bass and earrape treble

Reminder that TrustyFucks/PLEBSPOTTERS/Snappheiser troll is mentally ill NEET. Pic related. Do not talk to him or engage him in any way. Best is to ignore him since he craves attention more than anything. Also, report him for trolling whenever appropriate.

>Budget
Open, but not orpheus crazy
>Location
U.S.A.
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Over Ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
High
>Sound signature
neutral

Looking at TakeT H2+ with transformer/amp combo. Not sure if it's comfortable enough for long term use though. Mostly intrigued by them being piezos.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

This is a lot of autism for a single thread; I know you've never tried the HD 600s, much less own then, so why even shill? How much to you get paid?

HD600, obviously.

the HD650 looks flatter than the HD600. i don't get it.

is the smaller treble peak before 10K Hz that significant?

The most autistic poster on /hpg/ creates the most cancerous thread known to Sup Forums. Congrats, user

pls resbond

>HD600, obviously.
Joke?

dumb frogposter

That was a joke meant to shill

Take a look at OP for example

No. It is widely renowned as the most neutral full sized headphone available on the market.

>TrustyFucks
I'm glad you missed me, you silly goose! How has business been going?

Best budget headphones coming through :^)

What does ''neutral'' sound like?

Like an HD600.

I need to replace the wire on my Audio Technicas and all I have is a spare Sennheiser cable.

Can I just snip off the Sennheiser cable ends and have 1 wire for left, 1 wire for right, and combine the remaining 2 for ground? Or would that fuck things up somehow?

pls no bully for being electronically inept

Comfy headphones coming through

Honestly, they're pretty "n" shaped headphones with recessed treble and little-to-no bass. Not to mention, the extremely narrow soundstage.

Take pic related as an example, and take a look at user's history with that pic. He's a shill

hd600

please help

>they're pretty "n" shaped headphones with recessed treble and little-to-no bass
This frequently posted, fabricated shitpost has been debunked numerous times.

For an HD 600? Rolled off bass, recessed treble, and little to no soundstage. The HD 600s are n shaped headphones focused on mids.

>debunked
Nice try, user. Next you're going to tell me about those "poorly sealed" graphs, correct?

and mids are where vocals and such happen?

Would the HD600s be good for say idk Jimi Hendrix or the Bryds?

I'm looking to get a set of wireless headphones and am looking for input. I'm not really an audiophile or anything so I have no idea which brands to avoid or anything like that. I'm mainly just looking for something with good sound quality for music, games and watching movies.

>Budget
€150 preferably, up to €225 max.

>Location
Ireland

>Source
My computer, no sound card or external amplifier.

>Type of headphone
Around ear, definitely wireless. Every set of headphones I've ever had has eventually been broken by the wire being pulled too much. I'm retard-tier clumsy so I'd rather this not be a possibility.

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Ideally comfortable enough to wear for long periods. I'd be a size XL on this hat sizing chart I found so something that's not too tight, or is at least adjustable.

>Sound signature
Preferably neutral

>Past headphones
None that cost more than €15.

Samefags, please go

Try HE-560s

>That was a joke meant to shill
lel had to ask just to be shure.
HD 600's aren't my thing though. I was just pretty much hoping that someone had a set, and just asking if the taket h2+ were too uncomfortable for extended use. General pros, and cons for headphone specific. Bonus if I can get a comparison between h2+/hd800s, or h2+/kingsound h3

No tripfags allowed.

>Vocals and mids would happen
At least you admitted to weak bass and recessed highs.

As a previous owner of the HD600 in the OP pic, I just wanna say fuck them. They're not good for anything unless you absolutely need to do neutral studio work.

My $80 7506's sound better for everyday listening.

>Implying tripfags have an air of superiority
The only fag here is you, now stop being so mad about a less cancerous tripfag than you are

This. HD600 are neutral.

HD 600

Now fuck off and buy an actual endgame headphone

Neutral headphones with balanced bass, mids and treble like HD600 are good for any genre.

Go back if all you do on /hpg/ is constantly shit it up
No wonder not even they want you

How do they compare in terms of sound to the SHP9500

You're serious, right? They're mid focused headphones with weak bass and recessed treble

Taken from Massdrop

I have the V6 and HD600 are much more resolving with way better mid-range.

They're somewhat similar, actually

Slightly more bass, less treble, a fuck ton less soundstage

>Budget
Around $175.
>Location
US
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Over Ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfy for 24/7 use.
>Sound signature
skippy
>Past headphones
Just used shitty apple earpods.
I guess I prefer something with a longer cable, volume control on headphone, and velour ear cushions.

help me Sup Forumsros

Save up and buy HD 600s

Buy some real headphones, poorfag

>open

FUCK NO

HD 600. HD 6XX otherwise

reeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>mentally ill NEET
>I work for a company that sells 4-6 figure loudspeakers
>I own a house
>I'm more successful than anyone in this thread
>I've given better advice than pretty much anyone else in this entire fucking thread
>I don't spam the hd600s every fucking general so I get shit on by the same 1-2 shillheiser sperglords.

Then fucking tape it up. You're already fucking poor as it is

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Does soundstage matter?

I already own some Sennheiser 598s, are the 600s really that much better? It seems like only an increase of 2 wouldn't warrant such a jump in price.

Beyerdynamic custom one pros
Ath-m40x
Status audio cb-1
Ath-msr7

Same to you for that list.

Sorry about the angry shitheiser posters. They forgot to take their antipsychotics this morning and mommy burned the chicken tendies.

Don't listen to the shills. This whole thread's full of them (see OP)

Try DT770, HM5, or CB-1s

If you are gaymen, hell no, if you are listening to music, hell yes.

The hd600s are overpriced, dynamic driver open back meme cans. Your 598s are similar enough to where I wouldn't bother.

If you want a much better upgrade, consider the hifiman he-400i, he-4xx or monoprice m1060.

Yes. Pretty nice to have for gaming and movies. Music, not as much

Yes in some areas, no in others. But prepare for that significant jump to no soundstage

>Getting mad at TrustyFucks
Kek. What did he ever do to you? Aside from making less cancerous shitposts

Hifiman is overpriced shit quality, maybe once in awhile the chinks get it right and produce a decent pair.

thanks guys

I'll look into these

Can I trust ''Z Reviews'' ?

Out of the $100 IEMs which do you think would be the best buy? I think it's probably going to be one of the chink ones.
Mostly interested in Simgot EN700, Magaosi K3 HD, and TFZ Exclusive KING.
I guess the SE215, Momentum IEM, 1more triple driver are all competition as well.
Look how nice these things are, they're gorgeous.

>These are the best
>No, THESE are the best!
Hmmm...

Christ, these threads are cancer. Every other faggot spouting shit about their welfare purchase of shitty HD6## headphones and their schitt garbage.

No diversity, no original thought whatsoever.

kys, all of you.

You can't trust anyone.

*Snap*

*snap* with 1 year less warranty

He's super cringy
"These are amazing"
"THESE ARE MORE AMAZING"
"THESE ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST IN THE CATEGORY"
Eventually you realize he's just your typical shill who buys/gets donated mid-fi equipment and brags about how great it is until he receives his next set of mid-fi equipment. Avoid at all costs.

If you want better headphone reviews, rtings and tyll from innerfidelity are much better.

I would save up a bit more and buy a pair from Sennheiser. I would personally go for the HD 600s. I take them everywhere; rarely bulky and barely leaks any sound.
>Inb4 full sized headphone autists
Only an autistic would care about what they're wearing and if people are judging them

So this is why the end of the last thread was so clean from shitposting...

>rtings and tyll
uh oh, now you've done it, here they come :^)

Congrats, both headphones snap! Now how much does it cost to repair each one and if you are shelling out $100 for a piece of headband plastic

bzzzzzzz

youtube.com/watch?v=ssB6r-V9v_U

I love you.

>Save up a BIT MORE ($200 more)
>To buy OPEN BACK HARD AS FUCK TO DRIVE HEADPHONES IN PUBLIC
>***BARELY LEAKING ANY SOUND BECAUSE IM DEAF AND COULDN'T TELL ANYWAY***
>completely ignoring his request for IEMs
>Because I'm a fucking shillheiser faggot.

C A N C E R

Kek. All good things don't last forever

Now buy my HD 600, goy!

Upgraded my source.

I can always repair that. How much does the HD 600's headband cost? Depends on how the jews feel on that day, goy! $100 minimum!

Not sure because my headband is fine, my defective HE400i's however are headed back to chinkcentral.

>falling for bait

Nice try, user

Lmao. That wasn't bait, you faggot Beyer shill. Where do you live where people judge you for bringing portable headphones outside?

I know I tried to find something better than the HD600 at similar price but instead all I got was a defective piece of shit

This is a reminder that DiPolarDisorder is a shitposting troll who intentionally spreads factually incorrect misinformation such as "hrtf graphs have an inverse relationship with how a headphone should measure," refuses to back up his claims with credible evidence because he cannot and tells anyone who proves him wrong they "can't read." His HRTF claim has been thoroughly debunked by:
rinchoi.blogspot.com/2010/05/headphone-equalization.html
innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-frequency-response-part-one
hauptmikrofon.de/theile/1986-3_Standardization-of-studio-headphones_JAES-1986.pdf
vbn.aau.dk/files/227876689/2008_Hammersh_i_and_M_ller_AAA.pdf
Do not take anything he says seriously, especially headphone recommendations.
>in b4 he falsely claims he has debunked these links while refusing to link to said "debunking"
>in b4 multiple samefag damage control posts

Kek. Your thread is also cancerous as it is. Now go back to sucking more cock

>Faggot Beyer shill
>Literally telling someone asking for $100 Iem advice to buy $300, open back, hard as fuck to drive headphones
>He's gonna run a pair of 300ohm headphones using the 3.5mm Jack on his phone

C A N C E R

It doesn't. Soundstage is purely personal preference. A wide soundstage is not "better" than a narrow soundstage.

>Still being unable to read.
>Misinterpreting your own sources with your amateurish understanding of acoustics
>Being so completely buttblasted that you post this whenever you get the chance.

C A N C E R

Really? Pic + timestamp? Had no issues here from the short time I owned one. Hinges felt a buy cheap, but that was my only complaint

Yes. The HD600 are that much better.

so when are you guys going to kiss?

Stop shitposting and take a picture of your driver and post it.

Mine is made of metal.

Will exposed cable fuck me up?

F

>Still being butthurt after all this time
No shoo, shoo, you stinky pop in loo. Go back to the thread

Is there a full-sized headphone currently in production that measures better than this?

I guess I'll just get some porta pros,and mod them.