Monitor says a lot about you

I think we can all agree with this assessment.

Yes and no.
Work for an independent development studio, I do graphics work and code monkey shit, so I have the "pleb tier" setup, but my right and left monitors are on quick release swivels.

>16:10 not on patrician

>16:9
>21:9
garbage

master-race is dual 16:10 with one in portrait

4:3 master race

This. 16:10's extra height turns into extra width in portrait and it makes quite a difference.

Why the hate for 21:9?

I've never used one. Is it that bad?

It's the (((industry))) coming back to take our height away again. As if 16:9 didn't do enough damage.

16:12 (4:3) > 16:10 > 16:9

My Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" is great

What's the issue?

where the fuck is the most patrician choose for coding, multitasking and multimedia. 18:9

also vertical monitors are only Superior for web browsing

k

I've got a 1600x1200 monitor, what does that say about me.

Single 40 inch 4k is best for productivity

>mfw he's using a microsoft keyboard

he truly does not give a shit

>My Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" is great
Pure vomit.

quads confirm

>a very, very old picture
He's a Mac guy now. Argument invalid.

>your pic
>that aspect ratio
Point valid & re-enforced

Isn't that the ridiculous 16:10 4K monitor from 2006 that needs four DVI inputs?

What's the deal with curved monitors? Who the fuck buys that crap and for what purpose? How stupid do you have to be to fall for it?

You retard if you want the height that bad turn it on it's side.

My favorite is 8:6 and 32:18 setup

Literally a cut down 4k (or 1440p) monitor that costs more

So all I have to do to be better than most of Sup Forums is tilt my monitor sideways?

you got it bucko

2x2 landscape 16:9 combo

Except it's actually a single huge 4K screen

Now that's what I call screenspace

>not just one main 16:10 and an utility 5:4 you turn on occassionally
it's like you don't do any work, ever

It makes sense if you think about it

Straight line is now somehow so important, but when CRTs were curved, but just the other way around it was okay? Also
>No 16:10 on patrician
>Not a single monitor in horizontal to make sure that the GUI you've made looks ok on most users' computers
Yeah, that makes you a real programmer

It's not removed height, but added width, moron.

Most of these fags can't afford one. Basically the same reason most of them hate Apple products.

Vertical lmao
Only good for websites and lists with few columns
And that only because of mobile cancer spilling over into normal design. Nothing wrong with using the full screen, but now we mostly get white bars on both sides

>patrician-tier
>3 vertical 16:9 monitors
>48:27 = 16:9
Why not get a big 4k monitor and avoid the gaps you fucking retard

>48:27

You sure about that user? You seem like the type that buys curved displays.

this is what happens when you fall for the meme

Not 4:3

>Ultrawide and vertical monitor
Three vertical monitors Don't make sense they have the same ratio as a one 16:9 monitor. You can just buy a big 4k monitor and open all your three "programming" tasks at once

>Not 1:1

I want so bad

hes probably using a mac because it just werkz and he doesnt want to fuck up his presentation acting like hes some kind of tech genius but his autistic linux installation decides not to cooperate that day

Do I need to draw you a picture user?

kek

fuck, now i want a red vim theme, someone hook me up

it would be 27:16 pajeet

Shhh don't tell him, you're ruining my fun.

OP here,

Regarding 16:10, those are nice but hard to find and way too expensive for what they offer. You can buy many 16:9 displays for 1 16:10 display. It's just not worth it.

And if you think about it, 27/16 = 1.687 which is pretty close to 16:10 = 1.6

Best displays have a ratio close to golden ratio. It's the most aesthetically pleasing ratio and is found in nature (including human body as well).

4:3 is just fool-thier though. it's ugly and looks wrong.

vertical 16:9 monitors
:27 = 16:9
>> 48:27
>>>> 48:27
>>>>:27

Golden Ratio is nice and all, doesn't make you less of a cretin :^)

>I hate 16:10 monitors because there are black bars on videos!

this

I just realized that i multiplied 16 3 times...
Tho it still doesn't make sense this little ratio difference won't improve your multitasking and isn't a justification for the two huge bars

>3 vertical 16:9s for creators
Creators of what exactly? 3D modelling and video editing is much better on a horizontal setup than vertical.

Reminder that people hating on 21:9 are underaged faggots who can't afford it with their daddy's/mom's husbands stoled credit card.

AKA children

CUrved is stupid tho.

You stupid little shit, 16:10 is the only viable ratio, it' mathematically superior to your gay excessively wide 16:9. And who actually needs 3 monitors aside from gaymers? KYS summerfag

which meme

I'm pretty sure your patrician-tier is a typo. It should be a full-retard-tier. The only correct one here is the pleb-tier.

I don't have a ``programming`` monitor so I only use it in landscape mode.

You dumb fags, 1:1 is the only real option here, everything's else sucks

Yeah using more than one monitor says you have brain damage.

One thing didn't change. He's still a 16:10 patrician.

pls rate

also, should I put secondary monitor to the left or to the right side??

Why are you so concerned about acceptance of your monitor setup by a bunch of neckbeards and weebs? Do you not have any more important things to worry about?

r8

what about [5:4] [5:4] [5:4]?

1:1 invokes my fight or flight response and I can't explain why.

>16:9

tfw 5:4 masterrace

I have a 43" UHD at home, and a 4x 1200x1920 portrait setup at work (much better than that so-called "patrician" setup), and the huge UHD is better, at least when used with a tiling WM.

The only things I can agree on:
> ultrawide is trash
> curved is for retards

9/10
I agree with OP. vertical is the way to go.

>You dumb fags, 1:1 is the only real option here, everything's else sucks
if it's so great, why don't you own one?

>2017
>dedicated shitpost monitor.
>not buying le ebic dedicated macbook PRO for shitposts and facebook.

I agree on the fool and full retard tiers

One single large 21:9 monitor is the ultimate programming productivity setup. You have have at least 3 good sized square windows (say, code, terminal, and browser), and can adjust the width of the windows as you please. 3 vertical monitors are nice but the screen edges are a constraint and having all that vertical space isn't all that necessary. Sometimes you need a window larger or smaller than the width of the monitor.

Is it curved? if it is then that's the issue
You're paying more for shit, and as you eat shit monitor manufacturers think it's a good idea to release more of their monitor curved when in fact we just want this cancerous trend to stop.

That monitor is THICC

The meme where you get 3 21:9 monitors and set them up like an "H"

>square windows
>programming

The fuck nigga? I can understand a vertical 16:9, but in what ways would square windows be conducive to programming when characters aren't square?

>not a single 16:10 panel visible anywhere
your picture is shit, are you too poor for 16:10 monitors?

My setup.

What the heck are you people even doing?
Seems that most of you are just inviting shitty posture, not only that though, do you people even understand how eyes work? There's a reason why horizontal monitors won.

The way your eyes work doesn't mean a flying fuck when the content you're dealing with is predominantly vertical

>Predominantly vertical
I guess you must be doing literally nothing else than coding on your computer then.
Even Sup Forums is better horizontally stacked, look at the bloody catalogue mate.

Text and websites in general are vertical. How often do you scroll horizontally compared to vertically?
>Even Sup Forums is better horizontally stacked, look at the bloody catalogue mate
More threads vertically than horizontally, sounds like it's better vertical.

Right.
I
guess
uou
enjoy
this
too.
Anyways have fun with that posture problem. It'll only haunt your future.

Of course I don't enjoy that bullshit, you fucking moron.
>Anyways have fun with that posture problem
What posture problem?

The one you invite by raising the top of your screen.
I suppose you could always try to balance it with eye strain if that's what you want.

>The one you invite by raising the top of your screen.
I've done no such thing

>t. too poor for an ultrawide

Having your screens stacked vertically inherently raises it, do you not understand that?
Or do you have it going through the desk?
Do you just have really small monitors?

I don't think movies are shot vertically, so the top setup is a meme

I use a PLP setup myself with 40" 4K display in the center.

I'd love a 5x1 or a 3x3 array of these, but they'll never be cheap enough for something like that... ;_;

>tfw in pleb-tier
>tfw it's true

>Not using 4 21:9 monitors in a grid

Get out of here plebe.

>Grid
>Not using 4 21:9 monitors all vertical and stacking them next to each other.

Maybe you should stop assuming the orientation of my monitors.

>Have monitors oriented horizontally.
>Immediately jump to the defense of vertical orientation, implying that it's the better orientation because of personally dealing primarily with vertical things.

>I use a PLP setup myself with 40" 4K display in the center.
why would you need anything beside a 4K display?