How many bits of information can you store on your hands?

How many bits of information can you store on your hands?

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/china-shatters-ldquo-spooky-action-at-a-distance-rdquo-record-preps-for-quantum-internet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends on your marker's thinness

Also depends on the surface area of your hands.

An infinite amount. The measure of how much you're bending a finger is a continuous space, so you could store an infinite amount of information in the bending of one single finger, provided that you can control it/measure it with great precision and perform the analogical-digital conversion. Then you have that you actually own 10 fingers and 2 wrists, which can be bent in 4 directions; therefore you can store 18 infinites of information just in your hands.

Despite nerve damage in my shitty hands, I can reliably hold three positions per finger: extended, bent, and curled. So ten ternary digits.
>3^10
>59,094 states
>almost 58Kb
>a little over 7KB
Even a cripple has a pretty strong baseline, and this isn't even with any weird tricks.

We can push it further, especially if someone is dextrous.

In eastern countries they count the three segments on each finger.

I mean if you go into the gene editing

>continuous space
NO
SUCH
THING

reality operates in discrete steps.

No it's infinite.

hmmmmm relly made me thunk

not if you're a limp wristed faggot
it all depends on your grip

I gripped your mom's cock, queer.

Alright then,
average male middle finger is 95 millimeters
Planck length is 1.616229(38)×10−35 metres

.095 / (1.616229×10^−35) = 5.878 × 10^33 planck lengths per finger.
and since you are curling you are curling your finger along a semicircular arc, then multiply by pi to get the number of planck lengths in that arc.

answer = 1.85 × 10^34 number of states that you can position your finger, from fully extended to fully curled down.

No. Wrong.

you're a dumb

Depends on your budget and needs i guess, my hand usually holds around 32Gb, but some times i need to reach for my external hard drive, in that case my hand can hold around 1Tb in it, these are very light too so i can store it in my hand for very long if needed.

Generally speaking, I have a bit of your mom on my right index and middle fingers.

Elaborate then, please. Support your claim or go back to your fucking echo chamber and scream "wrong!" at the fucking walls.

>Planck length is the grid distance of the universe
Stop this meme.

>Planck length
Strange choice of words.
Was string theory implied here, or was it supposed to be dimension-neutral?

Hawking does talk about it I know you're not just making it up. My question is genuine

kek, good one user

>>Planck length is the grid distance of the universe
This is basically the case

Depends on how many sd cards you can put on your hands.

>Planck meme

Quantum physics is just a fancy way of saying 'we have no idea how the fuck this works, so it must be random lol xd'.

Each finger has 4 states, use each state as a bit. Can count to 2^40.

Each finger can rotate for 45 degrees for sure, so I can count up to 45^10.

Thats not accurate though.

>Can count to 2^40.
When will we see computers made out of hands?

>we have no idea how the fuck this works
Except, you know, they've managed to change the quantum state of a particle several half-way across the globe using quantum entanglement, opening up the possibility for super-secure and ultra-fast communication.

So it's not all just about not knowing stuff.

link

scientificamerican.com/article/china-shatters-ldquo-spooky-action-at-a-distance-rdquo-record-preps-for-quantum-internet/

Once the human race develops the ability to count 2^64 on their hands.

2^12 bits. Pretty big tbQuiteh

>implying you can accurately change and read the quantum state of several million atoms at the same time to get a usable bandwidth

Keep dreaming.

I wanna be a mobile supercomputer
A vision of the future
Begin the cyber revolution
Mechanical fusion
The perfect evolution
With systematic harmony
I'll run onto eternity
And although this metal's part of me
I shall not lose my sanity
Shatter the flesh and reinforce the bone
Embrace this carbon mesh this power's all my own
These simple parts of mine are interchangeable
Unlimited connections when you're digital
Becoming one with wires is sensational
Go out with the old and in with the new

can i make this happen with modern technolgy?

the current opinion among many theoretical physicists is that the surface area in planck units is the maximum number of bits that can be contained in the enclosed volume. there are good reasons for believing so as well.

Yeah nah, 65535 possible states are only 16 bit.
You can not achive even that.

Look at this 15 bit loser and laugh!

Math is an ideal language that is used to create quantitative models of natural phenomena. It is not magic. It is not necessarily true. It has no metaphysical basis. It is a human created language so that people can talk very specifically and precisely about countable and measurable things.

>at the same time
Can do serial you know.

No it doesn't. Planck's length only exists as a concept. It has no significance in the real world. You can't get two objects closer together than Planck's length, but you can get them a non-integer measure of planck's length apart from one another.

The definition of Planck length is "the smallest measurement of length with any meaning", so you're wrong in assuming that Planck length doesn't determine how many bits you can store on your hand

10 bits, one for each finger (extended finger - 1, retracted finger - 0)

/thread