What is it exactly about runny yolks that scares Amerifats so badly?

What is it exactly about runny yolks that scares Amerifats so badly?

PLS COOK THIS EGG

>muh food safety
The same autistic regulations in EU killed non-industrial fishery by the way

Tastes nasty

All that smaller bacalhau at twice the price :(

Wait, you guys don't cook eggs with liquid yolks ever?

Not even fried?

I like my eggs like that

I always cook my eggs sunny side up or over easy.

It also killed all smaller actors when they required that caught fish be kept at no more than like 3 degrees when intended for commercial application, paradoxically I think this thing is also making us sicker than ever because our food and environment is too clean

salt fish is nasty

I don't get it, you just flip the egg to get it all cooked. You can also put a little water in the pan and cover it and let the steam cook the top part.

You'd have better luck posting this in /ck/ honestly.

Huh? American apparently don't like runny yolks? News to me. We call it "over easy" and I thought it was common. Personally I like half runny half solid.

Most of the salt is removed in the rehydration process when making bacalao.

I don't understand why you or any other human being would do this

It takes such little effort to have a non-runny egg

>European dont eat GMOs
>meanwhile there are no discernible detrimental health affects of GMOs in humans or any animals
>they take up less space and use land more efficiently
>they require significantly less chemical sprays, herbicides and pesticides than non GMO crops
>they require less fertilizer than non GMO crops
>this intern protects the environment from run off of these dangerous substances
Why are yurotards so afraid of science?

I dont understand what it is with americans but cooking them with a runny egg yolk in the middle is the default way of cooking them

you must not know very many americans. most of my friends prefer runny eggs. myself included. my favorite is a small stack of pancakes with a runny egg up on top, drenched in maple syrup. its better than putting butter on them, which is what most people do with pancakes

Salt is just for preservation. You put it in water for a day until it's rehydrated, and then cook it.

Mah nigga. Thanks for the imports, btw.

They say anti-depressants, birth control, antibiotics are safe too, but we all know how that works out

Just had a runny poached egg this morning. Tasted great.

>a small stack of pancakes
This is another thing I see often. Seems like a whole fucking lot, how wide/tall are they? The ones we do here are like 22-22cm wide and 1.5cm tall, and a stack of those would be way to much to eat in one serving. We only eat one at a time at most (and we actually rarely eat them).

Never heard of people being scared of this, dippy eggs are the shit.

Though growing up they like to scare us about salmonella and shit.

Dude, this is the only way I make my eggs. You have to be able to dip your toast in the yolk you know.

I'm sure a lot eat them, but according to FDA it's not safe, just like they say you have to overcook all meat and overly clean all vegetables (also size, shape, colour of vegetables are strict), and I'm sure a sizable portion of your population actually believes that nonsense.
Of course, bacalao has been very popular here for a long time, ever since we started selling cod to Portuguese.

Portugal is secretly our greatest ally.

>It takes such little effort to have a non-runny egg
Or, you could eat properly cooked eggs like an adult.

Anti vacation tier

Anit depressants, birth control and antibiotics all have considerable side effects if not taken properly. Meanwhile you can solely GMO food your entire life and it would be no different from eating non GMO food your whole life other than the fact you put less stress on the environment and intake less toxins

le epic "made up things about americans" thread

vaccination*

It's just so people can cover their asses in case some sort of freak incident occurs.
We're obsessed with lawsuits and pinning liability on people after all.

I don't trust it, especially since factory farmed fish and meat already sucks, same with industrial dairy. Gene splicing I don't think is equal to husbandry.

Yeah I understand why they're there, but it actively harms small business and such, like only majors can live off fishing now for example because of EU regulations, same applies to vegetables and dairy simply due to cost of equipment, waste etc.
I don't necessarily trust vaccines either, nor do I think they are necessarily a good thing even if safe.

I dunno what he's talking about ( besides gross generalization ), I eat them like this all the time, aka "sunny side up"

>bacalao has been very popular here for a long time
>ever since we started selling cod to Portuguese.

Yeah, we got pushed from fishing there because you wanted control over your waters. At first after the shift it tasted really bad, because you didn't salt it properly, but it has improved since. I remember we once sent a bunch of fisherman to join your ranks and teach you how to prepare it, but I don't know if it was temporary or not.

It seems it improved to be because you started enjoying it too then.

It's a very versatile fish, we have like 100 different recipes.

What the fuck are you talking about? I had no idea this was a stereotype.

Probably because it isn't.

And now you understand why Americans think Europeans are just as dumb as you view us

GMO fish released in the wild end up the same as the wild fish. it's completely safe

Huh, I have not heard of this, we have been making klippfisk since long ago, long before trading or interacting with portuguese.

Interesting that you also call the fish itself bacalao, we call only the dish by that name.

>What is it exactly about runny yolks that scares Amerifats so badly?

what is it about irrelevant European countries who make shit up about the US all the time

yeah that size sounds about right. by short stack i meant two.
pancakes aren't really something i eat every day. more of a sunday ritual. or if i missed dinner the night before/got really drunk and haven't eaten. they are the perfect hangover cure. eat some pancakes and drink coffee like a fiend. the pancakes absorb all the bullshit and then you just shit it all out and you are good to go aside from the lost sleep.
>I'm sure a sizable portion of your population actually believes that nonsense.

i'm sure a sizable portion of the american population doesn't even know what the FDA is, let alone what they deem safe.

i suppose with all the factory farming that they do over here, that the eggs could possibly be unsafe unless cooked fully. but if you are really worried about that, it's very simple to have a small coop, raise a couple cluckers, and then you have like unlimited free eggs and one free chicken.

There's probably a link between how you fish and how we fish, but we probably needed to conserve it better for it to reach our country in proper consuming state. Probably more salt would be the way, and maybe applied faster after fishing or something.

The name of the fish is the same as the name of the dish in Portuguese, but we have tons of dishes, so the latter gets a denomination depending on the recipe. You guys are just a bit amateur at it, yet:

>Bacalhau Com Todos
>Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá
>Bacalhau à Braz
>Bacalhau à Lagareiro
>Bacalhau à Zé do Pipo
>Bacalhau com Natas
>Bolos/Pasteis de Bacalhau

Shit, now I'm hungry.

TV, mostly. California is ruining your reputation, desu. East Coast and the Midwest are mostly cool, if a bit excentric. Maybe the West Coast too, but we never really see it ouside of the Hollywood lens.

>but we never really see it ouside of the Hollywood lens.

holy shit that actually explains so much

>Though growing up they like to scare us about salmonella and shit.
Seriously what is wrong with america and third world sickness?

I heard that americans can't eat mett and don't like tartar

That's how I cook my eggs every morning. Are you retarded?

Are you sure? I would think it gets drilled into your heads in school and by doctors etc., just like that whole "perfect plate" I've seen posted, which is really just terrible nonsense designed to tank your testosterone and turn you into a complacent cow
Yeah probably

That is interesting though, do you only use the fish for these kinds of dishes?

I usually go scrambled, but a runny yolk can be god tier sometimes. Far from scary

I always do.
Fried eggs and soft boiled with some nice buttery toast are the best.
Scrambled eggs are "I don't feel like investing even the slightest effort into this meal to make it good" tier.

San Francisco and everything south of it is ruining California's reputation

Don't know what you mean by mett, and do you mean tartare? (raw meat dish)

I rarely (if ever) see tartare anywhere. Probably the whole raw food scare again. Honestly I know a lot of people that like mid-rare or rare steak, but almost everyone I talk to is of the mentality that while you can get away with that with steak, ground beef should always be done at least medium. There's a big stigma against it.

>pancakes
Well, then the Sims misinformed me. 2 seems about right for an Anglo-breakfast, which is usually very big to make up for a smaller lunch. We do it the other way.

I noticed you guys also eat dinner at 6:30 which is weird. We eat it at 8 or 9. Only old people eat that early.

>hangover cure
Up in the north of the country we have pic related for that. Again, usually at lunch.

y.w.. Alberto Barbosa. We too are also seen through the Lisbon lens, which is the cesspool of the country in many aspects.

What do you mean? I posted a bunch of different ones. They all taste very differently. Bacalhau com Natas, Bacalhau à Braz and bolos de bacalhau are probably the most different ones. They all have a different taste. They do look a bit similar, I guess. Boiled with potatoes soaked in olive oil is the default/traditional one (Bacalhau com todos)

Plenty of Americans eat their eggs like this, myself included. I'm pretty sure the term "over easy" originated in America too.

Uncooked eggs is disgusting and only subhumans with primitive mindsets eat and enjoy it.

We make one with tomato sauce and potatoes, what is that one called?
Mett is ground raw pork, popular in Germany.

And see, that's what I was talking about with the FDA, everyone has internalized from school and media that raw meat is dangerous and that beef must be served at medium

Well meat is a different story.
Our meats come from ridiculously massive slaughter houses where hundred of thousands of animals from all over the place are shipped in and massacred together, increasing the chances of exposure to something bad by 1000x.
If you get it from a local operation you don't have to worry about all that.

>not using the prairie oyster as a hangover cure
top plen

i sometimes wonder if our population size is massively underestimated by our european counter parts. The way the generalizations flow around here, leads me to think they do.

>tomato sauce
I've never eaten tomato with Bacalhau that I can remember. Spain and Itally are the big tomato spammers of the south. We usually just use olive oil in everything instead. I can't think of a Portuguese recipe that uses tomato besides chopped up in a salad, or in a fish stew that's not Bacalhau. I might be coming up blank, though. I googled it and none of it looks familiar. Maybe towards the south?

Maybe you adapted it from one of your other fish recipes? I know Swedes like ketchup a fucking ton, maybe it tastes better in the cold?

Makes a ton of sense. A lot of the American extravaganza can be blamed on the sheer size of the country, and the speed at which it was populated. A lot of both your flaws and qualities come from there.

>I would think it gets drilled into your heads in school

i honestly can't remember if they even talked about it in schools. maybe in health class, but i hardly went to that frivolous fucking class.
i feel like the majority of the american public gets their food safety information from inflammatory news headlines like "studies show that runny eggs are directly correlated with death".
i had to learn some of the FDA regulations for a food safety certification course (i work in restaurants). but when i cook for myself i do whatever i want because im a hardass

To be fair, every single person who eats a runny egg dies eventually. If that isn't a good reason to stay away from them, I don't know what is.

Apparently the recipe was brought to Kristiansund by basque fish merchants, so you're probably right about spanish.
Yeah, that's also a big one, news and such. This stuff finds a way to dissiminate no matter what and people start believing it, resulting in everyone eating overcooked meat, overboiled eggs and having weakass gut flora and shitty immune systems

fishery is incredibly heavily subsidized too.
The actual cost of cod and such is absurd

Well and Monsanto basically controlling our entire food supply and destroying Mexican agriculture thanks to Clinton and his NAFTA rape fest which is a big reason why we have so many low caste Mexicans flowing in since.

>A lot of the American extravaganza can be blamed on the sheer size of the country, and the speed at which it was populated.
yeah this place is so packed, it's insane. and with so many extremely different types of people. it's a miracle it even works at all

It's only packed if you live in one of the cancerous stains known as "cities"

That's a breakfast requirement here plus coffee/tea

>They say anti-depressants, birth control, antibiotics are safe too, but we all know how that works out
>I don't necessarily trust vaccines either, nor do I think they are necessarily a good thing even if safe.

Just off yourself.

The state of California has found that everyone who reads your post is going to die.
Thanks a lot.

If anything I think it's overestimated. You guys have a lot of people, sure, but not as much as Europe, and outside a bunch of metropolitan areas, you are very very far apart. This creates a weird contraste between New York and Middle-of-nowhere-ville where you have to apply the same regulations indiscriminately.

Shit like guns make no sense in Europe, for example, since we are very packed and are protected by numbers in a lot of circumstances (well, except for terrorism purposes). But not letting a farmer in the middle of fucking Nebraska where the police is 4 hours away is basically a death sentence. But you forced yourselves to have the same ruleset for both circumstances so it kind of fucks you over from time to time. And that is what I mean by fast expansion. In some very specific ways, you guys are still in the 1800s, mostly because of the population distribution, and need some seemingly old-fashioned rules to keep it from turning to chaos.

Then since everything happens under the american label, we pick and choose the most outrageous thing to point out and troll Sup Forums with.

Being somewhat skeptic about all things should be encouraged, tbqh

But vaccines causing autism is a nutty theory

sunny side up and scrambled are the only ways anyone I know does eggs.

are you the same norwegian i was talking about propaganda with a week or two ago? you have very good english. better than some natives. where/how did you learn it?
im struggling to learn some more languages so i can expat the fuck outta here. you're language is very difficult, but i wish i could learn it. you guys seem to be very interesting and thoughtful people to talk bullshit with. how is the music scene around where you live? it's not just all metal is it?

lmao, scrambled eggs are the pinacle of refinement
scrambled eggs are not just "cooking with jac edition" where you put 3 eggs in a pan and scramble them, they require other ingredients a difficult technique to make

Salmonella.

I've eaten runny fried eggs for 25 years and I never caught it.

In fact, everyone I know has and nobody ever caught it.

The FDA also says not to eat cookie dough, it doesn't mean people are going to listen.

No, I don't think so.

I learned to speak english mainly from american imperialist apologia like Rambo II and True Lies when I was young, but now I read a lot of books in english or in english translation.

Metal is not popular at all here, where I live in particular it is a lot of electronic music and improvised music/noise/EAI.
Stay asleep man, keep licking boots maybe they'll think you're western soon enough.
Yeah I have other problems with vaccination than specifically that. Though bulk vaccination, which as far as I know is how its done in some American public schools seems really bad.
I thought it was omelets and poaching that were the pinnacle of basic cooking technique

This.

Scrambled eggs are cafeteria level.
Yeah throwing shit in there with them adds to the complexity of an other wise lazy meal where all you have to do is take them off the burner a little bit before you think you should.
Getting soft-boiled eggs perfect is a real challenge not for the faint of heart.

>runny yolk

>Metal is not popular at all here
good. childish fucking drivel

>where I live in particular it is a lot of electronic music and improvised music/noise/EAI
sounds dope. care to point me in the right direction? im actually about to go play synth/circuitbent keys with my friends band tonight at an open mic.

>I have other problems with vaccination than specifically that
Can I ask what exactly?

I wish eggs didn't make me gag. I feel like I'm missing out

It's not like it's a big deal to get rid of parasitic worms anyway.

Hang around at art centers on the west coast and in Trondheim, lots of things like that.
I think mass disease might be a necessity in ecosystems, and that all of these disorders are a symptom of deeper flaws such as massive long distance travel, immigration etc.

But then we are moving into both Sup Forums and /x/ territory so I won't necessarily get into that. Food regulations are at least on topic :^)

>Getting soft-boiled eggs perfect is a real challenge
can't you read a fucking clock?

>I think mass disease might be a necessity in ecosystems,
Why,if overpopulation is your concern, that bridge's been crossed, and burned. Evolution-wise it wouldn't select for anything other than some specific alleles that offer some form of disease resistance, which are often slightly negative

All of which would likely select people resistant to it and end up killing the bug anyway, like it happened with the bubonic plague.

We're just fastening the process and making it less lethal.

You also have to know your stove and the pot you're using and consider the age of the eggs and their size to get consistent perfect results.

I think the extreme mass of people surviving, even if they shouldn't is both an issue in itself but also causing issues.

That has a lot more to do with farming techniques and fertilizer than vaccines. You'd just have a similar amount of people but more children.

>What is it exactly about runny yolks that scares Amerifats so badly?
????
Is this like the Easter meme?

Do your cunts wash eggs before they sell them?

In America it is illegal to sell unwashed eggs but in Britain it is illegal to sell washed ones.

Nope. I also get most of the eggs I eat from my Grandma's chickens because I live in some suburbs that grew into a pre-existing village where they live, so it's close-by. Living by rural areas is neat for food, desu.

I don't think that is correct.

I do have a problem with industrialization too though, in a sense they are intertwined.
You CAN sell washed eggs, but AFAIK it is strongly preferred not to and it is uncommonly done.

shut up you slanty eyed cunt

You may think what you like, but data strongly suggests farming advances and industrialization drive population increases and vaccines and other medical advances mostly just lower birth rates.
They are most certainly intertwined