CloverOS GNU/Linux

Official homepage: cloveros.ga
Current ISO: cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170809.iso
Git: gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros
Package count: 2807 cloveros.ga/s/packages.html
Official IRC channel: #cloveros on Rizon
GPG: 78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805
License: WTFPL
Mirrors: useast.cloveros.ga uswest.cloveros.ga fr.cloveros.ga uk.cloveros.ga nl.cloveros.ga
Current CFLAGS: CFLAGS="-Ofast -mssse3 -pipe -flto=8 -funroll-loops -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution"
Previous threads: warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_subject=cloveros
Video: a.doko.moe/cngnzh.mp4
CloverOS memes: cloveros.booru.org
Validate ISO:

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key "78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805"
wget cloveros.ga/s/signatures/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170809.iso.asc
gpg --verify CloverOS-x86_64-20170809.iso.asc CloverOS-x86_64-20170809.iso

Livecd changes: Default terminal font is now Hack, more cloveros_settings.sh handholding,
New packages in binhost: torbrowser, nethack, qupzilla, rogue, pyoha-cli, retroshare, mednaffe, bastet, technoballz, midori, byobu, screen, pip, kdirstat, emms, eiskaltdcpp

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Sony_DualShock
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Base#Timezone
wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/documentation/iw
gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/blob/master/livecd_build.sh
gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/blob/master/binhost_build_chroot.sh
terminus-font.sourceforge.net/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that peformance peak
seems legit

But it is user

how do I enable kernel modules? I don't feel like installing an xbox controller driver, when I know the ps3 controller driver should work out of the box.

Made this wallpaper with a template in the booru. How is it?

I'm glad people figured how I made that background. I probably should set up some more.

sudo modprobe hid_sony

bluetoothctl

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Sony_DualShock

I'm building blueman right now, should be in repo soon.

so modprobe all those, restart and it should work?

actually, i just moved the logo and fill the gap with a selection from the same vertical position... I barely know how to use gimp.

close enough, you could extract the logo from the one with plain dark green background, fill the remaining space with that light greenish blue, then use the video degradation filter to create the scanline effect.

why delete

sudo emerge blueman
sudo modprobe hid_sony
sudo blueman-browse

it crashed, am I missing something? like a different driver module?

Add app-text/tree package,please.

It's in now

Why does the performance move sideways?

being so long, it has a curve to the right

blueman crashes and bluetoothctl doesn't start up. I could have swore this thinkpad had bluetooth, since I was able to run it when it had windows 7 installed.

sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth start

no agent or controller. bluetooth is such a pain in the ass. I don't know why snes9X isn't picking up the controller input when the controller is plugged in via USB.

sudo blueman-applet &
sudo blueman-browse &

I'm going to try pairing a bluetooth keyboard now. I never did this before.

oh FUCK, that finally connected my ps3 controller! now I need to figure out how to get it to detect inputs.

Check dmesg and the gentoo wiki page, I'll try it myself later

there was some error
dmesg | grep sony
[ 5.773171] sony 0003:054C:0268.0003: input,hiddev0,hidraw2: USB HID v1.11 Joystick [Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2/input0
[ 5937.339809] sony 0003:054C:0268.0004: input,hiddev0,hidraw2: USB HID v1.11 Joystick [Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2/input0
[ 5974.638204] sony 0005:054C:0268.0005: input,hidraw2: BLUETOOTH HID v1.00 Joystick [PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller] on 5c:ac:4c:c6:09:bb
[ 6031.878954] sony 0003:054C:0268.0006: input,hiddev0,hidraw3: USB HID v1.11 Joystick [Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2/input0
[ 6032.048188] sony 0003:054C:0268.0006: controller with MAC address 00:06:f5:83:78:26 already connected
[ 6032.075970] sony: probe of 0003:054C:0268.0006 failed with error -17
[ 6815.559149] sony 0003:054C:0268.0007: input,hiddev0,hidraw3: USB HID v1.11 Joystick [Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2/input0
[ 6815.733891] sony 0003:054C:0268.0007: controller with MAC address 00:06:f5:83:78:26 already connected
[ 6815.754080] sony: probe of 0003:054C:0268.0007 failed with error -17

package request:
net-misc/x2goclient with PulseAudio support

Why doesn't this shit work with threadripper?

Ask AMD and the kernel devs.

it does

okey

Fixed

>my sides
topkek

Made this because my country has several timezones. Made it aware of this and made it install sudo emerge --config sys-libs/timezone-data according to wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Base#Timezone
echo -e "Available timezones: $(ls -1 /usr/share/zoneinfo/ | tr "\n" " ") \n"
read -erp "Select a timezone:" timezone
echo
while [ -d "/usr/share/zoneinfo/${timezone}" ]; do
echo -e "Available timezones: $(ls -1 /usr/share/zoneinfo/${timezone} | tr "\n" " ") \n"
read -erp "Select a timezone:" temp
echo
timezone+="/"$temp
done
echo -e "Setting timezone to $timezone"
sudo sh -c "echo $timezone > /etc/timezone"
echo -e "Installing timezone configuration data"
sudo emerge --config sys-libs/timezone-data
echo -e "Done"

Thanks.

I'll review it and add it tonight.

Can you add net-wireless/iw package.
According to wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/documentation/iw
"The old tool iwconfig, which uses Wireless Extensions interface, is deprecated and it's strongly recommended to switch to iw and nl80211. "

It's in

Requesting bleachbit for the repo

>please respond

I can't build dev-python/notify-python for some reason

/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Ofast -mssse3 -pipe -flto=8 -funroll-loops -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution -Wl,-O1 $
Wl,--as-needed -o _pynotify.la -rpath /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/pynotify -module -avoid-version -export-symbols-regex init_pynotify pynotifymodule.lo pynotify.lo -lgtk-x11-2.0 $
lgdk-x11-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -latk-1.0 -lcairo -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lnotify -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0
generating symbol list for `_pynotify.la'
gcc-nm .libs/pynotifymodule.o .libs/pynotify.o | | /bin/sed 's/.* //' | sort | uniq > .libs/_pynotify.exp
../libtool: eval: line 4040: syntax error near unexpected token `|'
../libtool: eval: line 4040: `gcc-nm .libs/pynotifymodule.o .libs/pynotify.o | | /bin/sed 's/.* //' | sort | uniq > .libs/_pynotify.exp'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:278: _pynotify.la] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/notify-python-0.1.1-r3/work/notify-python-0.1.1-python2_7/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:299: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/notify-python-0.1.1-r3/work/notify-python-0.1.1-python2_7'

If you want to change your urxvt to hack font:

emerge hack

~/.Xdefaults
URxvt.font: xft:Hack:pixelsize=12
URxvt.scrollBar: false
URxvt.cursorBlink: true
URxvt.jumpScroll: true
URxvt.transparent: true
URxvt.shading: 10
URxvt.url-launcher: /usr/bin/xdg-open
URxvt.perl-ext-common: default,matcher
URxvt.matcher.button: 1

URxvt.foreground: #FFFFFF
URxvt.background: #000000

JESUS CHRIST! AS IF THE FUCKING OS WASNT ALREADY BROKEN ENOUGH AT THE VERY LEAST IT WORKED AND BOOTED. THIS NEW ISO DOES FUCKING WORK IT JUST KEEPS GIVING ME SOME BULLSHIT ERROR ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND FUCK!!!!

we will process your report shortly

your call is important to us

yeah, the gentoo forum post about the ps3 controller isn't exactly in depth. Someone mentioned something about activating the controls using a flag, but it sounds like it should already work out of the box with the latest kernel.

Ah fuck me. Nevermind it works again.

Sell me on cloveros Sup Forums, why should I use?

i need to run a spambot 24/7, will cloverOS fulfill my needs?

it's built with USE flags that can minimize dependencies, has a binary repo that is pretty alright, light on resources, openrc is lighter than systemD and is better for laptop batteries.

I believe in this. Now give UEFI

what is the point in the USE flags that is something that should be configured on a per user basis

It removes unneeded dependencies, such as the shitty avahi server crap that comes with mpd. It's actually a very clever way of managing what the user wants out of a package. Plus you can change the USE flags yourself if you wanted to.

>anonymous devs
>backdoored
tell me your name so I can sue you if I find backdoors

>cosg
>not cosplay general
sagerunasai

kill yourself /cgl/

None of these answers have the word waifu reeeeeeeeee

we have a booru full of loli and tiddy wallpapers, go fucking nuts.

Shouldn't xrdb $HOME/.Xdefaults be added to the wmspost commands in bash_profile so that xorg files can be merged more easily and be more modular?
For example i have this in mine
~/.bash_profile
[...]
post='feh --bg-scale wallpaper & xbindkeys & { xrdb $HOME/.Xdefaults && xrdb -override Xsolarized.dark; }'
wmspost[y]=$post
[...]

Or would be using a .xinitrc be better?

Link/repository?

Search for memes in OP

is that a fucking urinal cake?

It's systemd.

Over 350 waifu wallpapers
None feature my waifu makise kurisu
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

GIMP is installed by default

and try to tag it as wallpaper makise_kurisu if you make one.

Just run this: gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/blob/master/livecd_build.sh

Then run this: gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/blob/master/binhost_build_chroot.sh

There's your livecd and binhost.

Honestly, I don't have any problem editing ~/.Xdefaults. If urxvt had a built-in configurator, I wouldn't even use ~/.Xdefaults.

pair gentoo with cloveros, set arch in gentoos spot, then put ubuntu in arches spot.

I improved the 'net in/net out' part of stats.sh because it wasn't detecting my wireless network interface. I used route to find the default one.
# default interface name obtained with route
def_inter=$(eval 'route | grep "^default" | grep -o "[^ ]*$"')
mapfile -t netdev < /proc/net/dev
# iterate through interface names and use its row
for netrow in "${netdev[@]}"; do
IFS=' ' read -ra netrow

>-Ofast -mssse3 -pipe -flto=8 -funroll-loops -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution

What tag is that eating the stinky cheese

Hi, I'm new here. Can anyone explain the difference between Gentoo and Clover OS? I've only ever dabbled in installing Debian/Mint/Arch/etc but I'd like to try a Gentoo distribution for fun. Can the Gentoo manual be applied loosely towards installation of Clover OS?

Nevermind - just read the Git repo, ignore me.

Your animu is leaking.

I wonder if he is installing the free as in freedom version of cloverOS.

>he is installing
>installing
RMS doesn't install his own operating system

oh right, probably just using it instead.

is xf86-input-joystick available? I probably need it

Now it is, emerge -uvD world

Don't use -N for binary packages (unless your cloveros packages.use exists and is up to date)

well I restarted, but nothing seems to be picking up controller inputs. I'm just confused.

Well, my Logitech Xbox 360 controller clone works in Mednafen.

I'll try different emulator and a ps3 controller

pedo/10

>he thinks thats pedophilia

>knows how to change the font in linux
teach me master

install mate-terminal/konsole

I just built snes9x with USE=joystick, emerge snes9x should work now

Just build and install terminus font from terminus-font.sourceforge.net/. Read the README and follow the instructions. I recommend using the ll2 variation to make more obvious the difference between letter 'l' and 'I'(capital i). and if you want also use td1 variation to have the '~' character centered.
After installing just add it to your .Xdefaults file as 'xos4 Terminus' and that's it.

Is that Znes?
Oooooh finally. That was my issue. Thanks!

Mednafen, it does playstation, mega drive, snes, etc. Pic is Contra Hard Corps

I've synced and updated several times now and still can't get bleachbit to emerge

Did the dev check these two script modifications? I would make a gitgud account but i don't know how to commit these correctly...

Oh cool