Why was Rio chosen over Tokyo, Chicago, and Madrid to host the Olympics?

Why was Rio chosen over Tokyo, Chicago, and Madrid to host the Olympics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=deYct_QxQhE
youtube.com/watch?v=cVEnDPkMJ6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=iMsHQAxMuDg
pri.org/stories/2016-05-19/rio-s-filthy-water-already-making-pro-athletes-sick-just-ask-surfers
cnn.com/2015/08/11/americas/brazil-olympics-us-rowing-squad/
theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/02/rio-olympics-2016-water-pollution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Corruption.

Because muh diversity

Government funded assassination attempt set up by Russia as revenge for drug ban

lmfao who cares haha xDDDD

>It emerged that US Olympic rowers will be given a new, high-tech training suit with anti-microbial features designed to protect them against water pollution in Rio de Janeiro.
>Meanwhile those taking part in test events earlier this year had already complained of colliding with floating debris, with many others falling ill, leading to calls to clean up the vast expanse of water.
>On Sunday, it was an oil spill causing problems for the sailors.

>'The boats were completely brown,' he said. 'But the worst thing was we saw a lot of dead fish.'
>Xammar said this is his fourth time in Rio, and he's seen the water 'improve a bit. It was yellow-green last year.'
>Rio organizing committee officials say the venue is safe, although independent studies by The Associated Press show high level of pathogens in waters that Rio is using for sailing, rowing, canoeing and open-water swimming.

>monkeys in charge

is anyone surprised by this outcome?

You can now only post ITT if the olympic torch passes through your town every year and if your country is always first on the parade of nations

Senpai, not even the countries that win medals care about the olympics.

I just watch the figure skating and gymnastics.

nice, bruh

$$$$$$$

>American media cares about literal memes
Its zika all over again lads

>tfw Brazilians are always trying to convince us that their country is white

I like swimming, beach volleyball, and gymnastics best.

Poo

This makes spics butthurt?

Only Tokyo isn't a shithole out of all of those.

olympics is a scam

>Rio de janeiro

>even bacteria toughens up at the wild brazil

damn son

Holy shit, is brazil actually this shitty ??

desu Rio is probably less dangerous then chicago.

heh i get it

muh brics!

It's actually one of the safest capitals in Brazil, my city is twice as dangerous and I never got killed.

Rio will be a disaster, but the next Olympics is going to be in Tokyo. After Tokyo they should seriously make Athens the location for every future summer Olympics.

I don't understand, don't people go on a beach to swim in Rio?

Yeah its something retarded the american media is blowing up like zika, nobody ever died of water polution in this country you can look it up

Because all people are the same, there is no such thing as race, and the IOC simply assumed that if China could clean their shit up for the games, then so could the Brazilians.

I don't believe you.

It actually is, if you dont go to some favelas you'd probably alright, might get mugged tho

>be olympian tourist
>eat street food from a random favela
>get some water splashed on you as you train for the olympics
>get the shits because of the shitty food
>OMG THIS WATER IS FULL OF SUPERBACTERIA WE NEED TO CANCEL THIS

>I never got killed.

Am I suppose to believe this?

youtube.com/watch?v=deYct_QxQhE

youtube.com/watch?v=cVEnDPkMJ6Q

Chicago was the hands-on favorite going into the vote.

When the time came to vote, Chicago was the first one voted out after not a single fucking country in all of Asia voted for them. Then, when Tokyo and Madrid were outvoted, people knew that massive bribes had been made so Rio could have gotten the games.

When Chicago lost their bid, then mayor Richard Daley Jr, who was incredibly based and was a good mayor, retired and then Chicago got that faggot Rahm.

So, thanks to the shit IOC and Rio, Chicago got fucked over even harder.

Are the lefties right or just exaggerating?
youtube.com/watch?v=iMsHQAxMuDg

kek

Show me 1(one) person that got sick because of the water, keep in mind that thousands of people go to the beach everyday
But yes the state is broken but the union gave us money already, the state will be fucked after the olympics but its not your problem i guess

Hosting the olympics is a colossal waste of money. The return on investment is garbage compared to building roads, bridges, libraries, pretty much any other infrastructure. The only countries that want to host now are BRIC-tier countries and/or dictatorships, which want to puff up their own image, regardless of the cost.

While that is true for dictatorships, the Olympics give a good excuse to increase taxes and funding for infrastructure projects that otherwise would be so unpopular every politician who tries to do them would be voted out of office.

He's a skellington don't trust him.

>Sydney 2000? Too much banter. My father visited this and when a Australia local saw his Bangladesh flag he said "Why are you waving kermits asshole?" then chased him for 20 minutes saying "it isn't easy being green"

pri.org/stories/2016-05-19/rio-s-filthy-water-already-making-pro-athletes-sick-just-ask-surfers

cnn.com/2015/08/11/americas/brazil-olympics-us-rowing-squad/

theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/02/rio-olympics-2016-water-pollution

this sadly