Do you play video games? or did you stop at pic related like sensible people

do you play video games? or did you stop at pic related like sensible people

>>/vr/
fuck off

5th gen sucked, even though it's interesting in a Sup Forums sense

6th > 4th > 5th > 3rd > who cares

sensible people stopped at wizardry 7, because nothing else can compare

I had a ps1. I am nostalgic about it in every way. Few months back I bought ps4. Of course it's not the same, but I was actually really impressed that from time to time you can come across something unique and targeted at mature and thinking audience like Firewatch.

I wish I did but they just don't enrapture me like they used to. I wish I was still a boy.

honestly the worst part about playing games on modern consoles is installing/updating games

that was one of the few good things about playing games on a console compared to a PC, the fact you could just pop a game in and play

I stopped at polygons, that was the beginning of the end.

What if I emulate

PSOne's library is a gold mine of great games, and that system alone is enough to keep the generation worth checking out.

There are plenty of great PS1 games for sure, but there are a lot of stinkers and many of the "classics" of that era don't hold up too well since early 3D was such a rocky period. Pick any of the fondly remembered SNES or Genesis games and you're more likely to strike gold.

>did you stop at pic related like sensible people

I like to play 4X games like Stellaris or Civ every now and then.

Also Path of Exile and Elite: Dangerous

I didn't stop because I don't assume that every single person living on earth has stopped being creative after 9/11

I don't stop because there's a plethora of stuff to go through that should be actually praised precisely for this creativity

I love that gen, maybe the previous one better since I had a fuckton of genesis games when I was a kid. But being fully /vr/ is stupid. I still play PS1/SNES games on a CRT but I can appreciate something like Hollow Knight. Be more open minded.

>Firewatch

Looks neat. I'm gonna give it a try.

>Genesis
Can't think of good games for that pile of crap.

There's Japanese Sonic CD, but that doesn't run on a bare Genesis.

When it comes to early 3D, then there's lots of stuff that has aged badly, but there are also games that hold up well, like CTR.

>I didn't stop because I don't assume that every single person living on earth has stopped being creative after 9/11
But why is music today so shit then? Checkmate nonretro fag

Fuck off to your containment boards retarded faggots.

The only way I have to play PS1 games the proper way is through my PSTwo, and the only way I have to play all of the illegitimate copies I have like a pirate of the seas is by disc swapping which I cannot get used to when the thing is still just spinning.

I mean it's worth it but fuck.

Use freemcboot or something, you can stop the drive spinning to swap easily. Also pirate PS2 games.

>But why is music today so shit then?
Music is shit because of a lack of good compositors.
Compositors don't pursue high standards anymore and everyone focusing on instruments focuses on one instead of doing a plethora to accumulate orchestral capabilities and understanding of how to mix them.
Songwriting is way better though.

>Sonic CD is good
>The other Sonic games aren't
This isn't Sup Forums but seriously, get some taste.

Just because the N64 implemented anti alias, bilinear filtering, Z-Fogging, dither smoothing, and did all that in 320x240 while using 4KB textures and had a quirk that it blurred the whole screen when you used screen tinting due the dither and also applied another horizontal blur before outputting the picture, don't mean that it is a blurry system at all.
No no, it is realistic!

At the very least CD had a good soundtrack, which is enough to make it stand out. Too bad Sonic games were never good.

Genesis had no good games that I can think of.

I have freemcboot, but basically the only way I have to play NTSC games properly on a PAL console is by doing the disc swapping thing the slightly riskier way. If I use something like PSXLauncher I can only use PAL games. I also need a video switcher for this of course.

So the only solution I could come up with was booting with PS1VModeNeg (to natively do that PAL -> NTSC switch and have no compatibility issues), waiting until that nice PS1 logo comes up and the drive slows down a little bit and swapping that shit.

A chipped PS1 would be easier but it's getting a bit more difficult to ask around.

>not having and still using your N64 and/or PS1/2
Doesn't get much better than drunken 4-player 50 turn Mario Party

Most of the N64 and PS1 library has aged horribly.

Too bad you're in Europe. If you were in the US I'd tell you to post a throwaway email and I'll hook you up.

Yeah. 50hz suck dick, thank god for this trick. RGB SCART looks pretty fucking nice.

>RGB SCART looks pretty fucking nice.
this so much

I stopped at the SNES :')

Check out eurasia.nu for relatively cheap modchips. The ps1 is super easy to mod compared to the ps2.

>awardbait: the game
>mature thinken audience
fuck off

just finished softmodding my orig xbox and upgrading HDD to 120GB

pic related is why xbox modding exists in the first place

6th gen is based, I still play with a PS2, now with FMCB on it and a HDD
Everything went shit mostly after that

Gamecube, Xbox and Dreamcast all have something to offer too. And they're all easy to pirate on (Wii in Gamecube's case)

Absolutely, I don't deny that and they had their share of great games but I don't own those, I use a trusty old fat PS2, fats are the best IMO due to the HDD capability. Easy to pirate for this one too, just use WinHIIP on a winshit machine to install the ISOs on the HDD and plug it to PS2 and start OPL and it just works. Got a slim too (the latest model) but it sucks for having too new BIOS so FMCB is patched and no HDD fits in, also my unit might have a bad laser but the fat reads discs much more reliably than my slim

I've got my fat PS2 still hooked up, hard drive and all. I don't have any IDE connectors in my PC any more so I can't use Winhiip but OPLGameInstaller works a treat. Are there any good IDE to SATA adaptors so I can swap it out for something bigger? I've got an old laptop drive I'd like to use.

Anything that fits should work. It's not doing anything crazy like locking the drive like the Xbox does.

I would actually argue that PS2 era was better. That was a time when most mechanics of 3D games started to work properly. Also it was still possible to make some competent games that allowed experimentation (like Hunting Ground by Capcom). Nowadays it's all about AAA titles with a gameplay that hasn't changed for 10 years or some shitty 2D platformers with nostalgic graphics.

>drive locking
>eeprom.bin
>FTP
fuck all this shit, I just wanted a bigger HDD
fuck XboxHDM, just use Monkey and save yourself time and sanity

You can always look for a 1.5 or lower that you can flash. Do it once and everything else is painless.

Yeah, first time was the hardest, fumbling around with 3 older PCs trying to get XboxHDM to work, messing with Primary and Slave cables, god forsaken molex adapters, tried out Chimp as a last resort and it finally just werked

it'll be easier now that I know what I'm doing