What languages do you know and how much time did it take for you to learn them?

What languages do you know and how much time did it take for you to learn them?

Dutch (native)
English
Very limited understanding of the spoken German language.

I fucking knew someone would make that joke. I should've said "programming language"

Yes, you should. In that case:

Basic (first love)
C/C++
ASM (microchip mostly)
Java

And some shit tier stuff like:
PHP
Python

How much time did it take for you to learn them?

Javascript
Es6
Flowtype
Typescript
Es5

Took me three years to get a firm grip on Russian. Kind of an odd question for Sup Forums though, I think you'd be better off asking this on Sup Forums

Well, that's difficult to answer because the learning never stops. There is no point at which you're done.

With all languages you'll achieve basic stuff probably the first day you Google a tutorial. It takes weeks for any language to really do something useful that isn't riddled with errors.

The joke was already made

Spanish
German
Japanese
About a week each to reach basic fluency

You will always be learning, but I nailed Python in about 2 weeks, Javascript in about 1 week, and Java in about a month. (all at a basic level)

C# I pretty much just knew because of the others. It gets easier as you go.

forth -couple hours to read the book "starting forth", first and best language I learned
python- half a year
C -bout a year
ASM (x64 and PIC) bout a year

I first learned C then I integrated it with C++. You gotta realize that almost all languages descend from C, once you master it you've a massive jump start.

C, C++ and Clinton version, C#, Java, Python, assembly x86-64 and more but at the end of the day the language is a tool.

Fucking autocorrect *CLI

>Basic (first love)

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration." - Edsger Dijkstra

is this true?

>And some shit tier stuff like:
>Python

Python shit tier?... Well... Looks like Dijkstra was right.

Python,
Javascript,
Java

Python (fucking love python)
javascript
typescript
ASM(x86 and MIPS)
C++ - still learning

and then as part of my math/data analytics tools i also use
MATLAB
R

really takes me about a month to get to know the syntax of any language.
what takes more time is learning the features and idiosyncrasies and different paradigms

C/C++/C#/Objective-C
Perl
Java/Javascript
Lisp
Assembler
Python
Haskell/F#
Cobol
Delphi
Pascal
Basic
Go
Smalltalk
R/MATLAB
++

Programming languages are just tools. You learn them as you need them.

Я yчycь пo-pyccкий, I find it oddly easier learning the vocabulary than my ventures into Spanish and Latin I guess learning everything from scratch prevented me from welding the languages together.

Would it be worth learning Dutch or Afrikaans? I figured you and the German folk already speak English well enough but It's just so easy to learn them for an English speaker.

Käskopp du mof

German
English
I can greet in Russian

Python is worse than BASIC for mentally mutilating starting programmers. That's what happens when your language is dynamically typed.

Looks like my autistic roommate from uni. Could it be?

Its good for prototyping.
And quite fun to fool around with electronics.
And scripting linux.
Some even use it to make websites.

Started with C for about a year i learned that.
C#, Java, C++ i pretty much learned in 2 weeks or a month.
Cause they rook all the same

Liar
Or... old and autistic

SOPA DE MACACO
MONKEY'S SOUP
SARU SOUPU

FORTRAN
C
C++
Java
Python

i would just like to address OP pic for a moment: how on earth can someone be this self-unaware? like how can you be literally sprawled across a hallway with an entire crowd of people having to walk around you and you don't even notice? and how does someone not just tell him to move his ass?

You would be better with "yчy pyccкий" or "yчycь гoвopить пo-pyccки".

Lol holy shit dude, this isn't a job post, you don't have to lie

he's too focused on trying to install gentoo

Its not hard to become familiar with all of those languages. Most programming languages operate in a very similar way. Once you know what you're doing picking up any number of new languages is easy

uh yeah i dont know why those anons are so fucking buttraged at you, i dont know that many languages either but i totally get how you would pick them up if you bounce around from contract to contract and have a knack for programming

Just confirmed that I actually know this kid. Roomed with him for a bit, he always sat on his bed like in the pic, always on his laptop ignoring the world around him watching asian cartoons. Didn't know these people actually existed before that.

>In programming class in college
>Sperg sits down next to the only grill
>Blasts Moe cute anime cartoons uguuu~
Cringy as fuck.

>laying in bed in my dorm room
>on my phone
>creature in OP's pic also in his bed
>sat in bed just like in pic with his computer
>corner of my eye see him start jackin' it
>yup, not my imagination
>stand up, he stops, looks at me
>"you know I can see what you're doing" I say
>doesn't say a word, goes back to staring at his screen
>awkward as hell, leave and go to my friend's room
Moved out shortly after that

C++
Java
Javascript
Haskell

learnt them all over the past 2 years

I want to make a language called Clinton now lol

>Java/Javascript
>Haskell/F#
>Delphi
>Pascal

why grouping unrelated languages and not grouping something related?