Being a Public Tracker user who seeds older files is like being a cuck

>notice that torrent I have has 5 people asking for it to be seeded in the comments
>decide to be nice to those guys and seed it for them.
>when I seed the torrent, I find out there's actually 9 people waiting for it to be seeded
>they all download it fairly quickly, within a few hours
>figure I saved the torrent and it now has 10 seeders which is pretty good for an old torrent
>go to sleep feeling like I did some good for my fellow torrent bros
>look at torrent client a couple days later.
>all the seeders are gone. I'm the only one seeding it.
>there's already another leecher grabbing it from me at 0.7%
>figure hey why not? Maybe he will be cool, right?
>he takes a loooooong ass time to download it from me. Like a whole day of seeding it to him.
>go to sleep.
>next evening I look at my torrent client.
>I am yet again the only fucking seeder.
> decide "fuck this" and deleted the torrent from my client but kept the file because the file is good.
>A month later, I get bored and look at the original torrent page on TPB.
>2 more guys are begging for seeders.
>I want to be nice but I know they won't even stay around to help me seed.
>I will probably be the only bitch who leaves his torrent client on while people just snatch it from me and run.
>decide never to seed it ever again.

Can anybody relate to this?

Why should I have to share when nobody else wants to even share? If I had even 1 guy seeding with me, I'd be inclined to seed, but they all stop seeding as soon as it downloads.

>inb4 somebody says "just seed bro, it's sharing, sharing is good!"

It's not sharing if you are the only one who seeds. It's being a cuck.

I'm thinking of looking at the private tracker general after that incident.

I can't be the only one who has experienced this shit.

What's the file

Nice blog I just subscribed

Get in, get out, quit fucking about.

doesn't matter.

>Get in, get out

you are why public trackers are so unreliable

If you don't like it, don't use public trackers. This is literally how they've always been.

why dont you seed?

I do, just not on public trackers.

where?

>implying your sekrit club isn't stuff shamelessly taken from public trackers
kill yourself

>seed
>no one downloads from you

I-It's not like I want to share this file... baka!

I seed to 150%, or 100% if the item is not popular. If you seed beyond 100%, why worry?

I know this feel. Uploaded a kino animated film and there were so many hit and runs it enraged me.

i kept files alive like this , heck i was the only seeder of some abandonware game that had demand but nobody was seeding it , ended up seeding like 26gb of data on a ~180mb file
after a while it got rehosted and seeds when up , but im still seeding it on my little seeding system
(1st gen atom and 2gb DDR2 running windows, only thing installed is the deluge client and teamviewer as it has no peripherals plugged in, only a wifi usb stick , the thing is barely bigger than an itx board and consumes like 10w under full load , pretty darn useful for this kinda stuff)

I can't help but seed forever on certain torrents with low seeder numbers, since most of the time the seeders on those kinds of torrents are Brazilians with .00001^-999th mbps internet and I always think of the people who helped me download it. Plus, it costs me nothing to seed it

>it costs me nothing to seed it
Wear out HDD

I never understood how public trackers are so effective. everyone I know stops the torrent after downloading it. i guess people mostly forget downloading them and it seeds in the background. I don't understand how rutracker or zamunda is so fast either. Slavs seed very well.

open your port faggot

Is this why communism will never work?

Anyway I never seed because my internet is shit and I also only own a laptop, can't leave it running too long.

>1288 torrents loaded
>big amount of old shit that noone really seeds anymore
I'd seed beyond 1.5 but no idea how to check whether there's anyone leeching a file. Especially with that big amount of stuff loaded.

Tech illiterates unknowingly leaving the client open and having it on startup.

It's not :^)

I never understood what can you download from private trackers that you can't from public ones

>seeding is like being a cuck

ftfy. private tracker users are even bigger cucks because they're forced to seed.

50GB lossless blu ray rips and FLAC music that sounds no different than 128-192kb/s MP3s/OGGs ripped from youtube but has a much larger filesize.

bandwidth doesn't grow on trees goym

>wear out HDD
Dude, unless you own a p.o.s, most hdds will be disposed of long before their useful life ends. Do you even know anything about the longevity of we'll taken care of hard drives?

when i was on what.cd i never seeded anything ever. lied on my interview and then only used free leech. i will never seed anything when there is option to stop or limit upload.

Its not. 90% comes from elsewhere.

Laptop fags like you seem to think your laptop will blow up if you leave it running overnight. Why is that?

Rare content you can't find on public trackers. But you have to care about it for it to matter.

Private tracker users are not cucks because they get something for seeding.

Public tracker users get nothing for seeding. That is why public tracker users are cucks.