Are there enough women in the tech industry in your opinion?

Are there enough women in the tech industry in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

windytan.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who is this beautiful female?

If they want a 50/50 split then women should start choosing tech careers just as much as men do.

Then again, nobody has ever made clear to me why you would need a 50/50 split.

I never hear anyone complain that over 95% of all garbage collectors, plumbers and coal mine workers are male

Are there enough Asians in NBA in your opinion?

No. It's a complete sausage party at work. A few grills to look at would be welcomed here. To bad not many grills choose electrical engineering.

(you)

>A few grills to look at would be welcomed here
But would you become better at your job?

It sounds like it would only be distracting

enough is however many actually want to get into the field. making up bullshit positions to fill a diversity quota is a waste of potential.

There not enough actually qualified individuals in the tech industry.
If women actually got their shit together and started to get qualified at least on the same rate as men, it would be quite beneficial for the industry as whole.

But trying to shove unqualified people by quotas only make the shit a LOT worse on the long run.

all token women in tech occupations I've ever met were lacking competence. I wouldn't mind more competent women but please no more diversity hires.

Maybe I just want a nice place to work? Maybe interaction with women will prevent me and my coworkers from hitting full autisms. Maybe excelling at my job is not the number one priority in my life but happiness is?

Well maybe you have a point, I also enjoy some nice looking female company at work

I agree, Google needs more women, more women equals company goes to shit very fast.

but they don't give a fuck about "tech" anyway

there's plenty of non-white women in the industry

that's not true some women who said the guys at google are triggered broflakes worked at microsoft.

Gender does not matter. People shouldn't be hired based on their gender or diversity quotas but rather their qualification and expertise. I don't care if you're a woman, man, trans, gay, jew or whatever, as long as you're qualified for the job that's fine. Just don't hire incompetent people solely based on their physique and identity just to add something to the mix. That's stupid.

Oy vey goy, how dare you, our CEO Larry shekelstein needs his 18th beach house, you think he hired you to slack off?

no one with any sane thought thinks about a right number of women.

We should work on making tech/whatever more accessible and nothing else.

If women want to work there, thats fine, but there is no point trying to force a round peg into a square hole

Because feminists want women to occupy all of the high paying cushy air conditioned jobs and leave the low paying heavy manual work to the "lower class men".

>disgusting man jaw
Hopefully this thing kills itself like all the others

>not finding a square jaw attractive

lol wut, you'd rather have a pudgy jaw or a sunken chin?

Then offices should hire cute cheerleader girls to motivate the programmers who do work. Offices shouldn't hire people who aren't good at a job just so that you can get butterflies in your tummy while you rewrite all of her broken code for her.

Joanna Rutkowska, creator of Qubes OS

Google so needs a female CEO, worked for Yahoo.

Remember anons there are always good femanons out there.

E.g this one has done pretty cool things and self taught
windytan.com/

but user, the yahoo ceo did work for google before. it seems that the female troyan horse idea will not work

>female

there is that one russian cyber security expert she was so freaking hot.

yahoo was in the decline already.
I think everyone knew that and just stayed away from the sinking ship.
Its not just the CEO, yahoos board was equally stupid and refused MS's offer to be bought out.
They refused a 45B buyout in 2008 thinking they were worth more than that, and 8 years later sells themselves for 1/8th that amount to verizion.

Mayer just took a pay cheque and sold off the company.
Nearly everything she did was a misstep.

That jaw is about as square as a basketball

Basketballs aren't square you fucking idiot.

The ones who are there deserve to be the one who are not do not so i would say yes their is exactly as many as their should be. That being said( typed ) more could only be a positive

It should be

Fucking trannies need to be hanged and the people who promote that shit shot

>not wanting warm girlcock in your mouth
>not wanting to penetrate a smooth boipucci
Spotted the virgin.

Rude.

Honestly her cock is probably the most feminine cock I've ever seen.

sauce?

Fuck you faggot. Die. Fucking degenerate asking for "sauce" on a goddamn tranny pic.

racist sexist piece of shit.

nice false flag nigger

Don't use the word tranny please it's very offensive.

shut the fuck up faggot
i fucking hate transsexuals even more than gays
fucking scum of the earth

What the fuck is your problem buddy? It's 2017 not the dark ages, people can be whatever gender they want.

I don't give a fuck what year it is. I wish it was 0 AD. Fuck all this degeneracy, we need Orthodoxy back

There should be more women in tech, but the push is happening way too late down the road. Most of us probably became interested in computers around middle school (age 11-14) and kept that interest alive throughout highschool and beyond. Most boys also receive encouragement for their interest in tech.

If companies really wanted women in tech, they would push for 11-16 year old girls to get excited and interested in tech. They would try to foster and encourage that interest to become a career. Instead they're just trying to fill a quota and brag about diversity.

Tech can be a difficult field. Look at the amount of people on here that are complete and utter morons when it comes to programming or hardware. There is nothing about being male or female that makes you better or worse at tech. Its the encouragement and support you get that makes all the difference in the world

>be male developer
>surrounded by tedious, murderable male autists every fucking working day of my life
>dream of having someone with actual social skills to chat to

No. But what can you do?

I'm literally changing careers because I'm sick of being surrounded by comic-reading virgins. Next year I'm moving full-time into the stock market.

Agreed. How about "pervert?"

A narcissistic personality disorder is not a gender.

How about "people I'm too xenophobic and narrow-minded to even make an attempt at understanding"?

man I hope this is bait

Au contraire. Narcissism is a well-understood condition.

(And xenophobia is a well-understood word, though not by you apparently.)

Gender shit triggers me so much. I only respect biological sex, the concept of "muh gender" is fucking stupid. People say that they need some other name for their gender than their sex because "the don't feel male" or "they feel to be fairies". What the fuck is "the feeling of being male"? Like, biological sex only states whether you have a dick or pussy, why bring all those "feelings" into that?

Yeah, I know that was a bait, but I just want some anons to agree with me because the whole gender thing is scaring me. The scale at which human stupidity is spreading and demanding acceptance is scary.

>women in the tech industry
Means import a lot H1B women

I feel like it's not really my business or problem. Frankly I only care if there's enough me in a company or industry because I have bills to pay. And even if I did want to care, it's not my place to say how many women should or shouldn't be in tech. I'm in no place to speak for women or their best interests. That's between them and the people who might hire them.

Please stop fighting and just tell me her / his goddamn name

Ugh, fucking toxic masculinity online leaking into Sup Forums now? Why do you want people to be trapped in a gender they don't identify with? Do you realise how damaging it can be?

>words can't have more than one definition
Whatever you say, tough guy.

Plenty of companies do push pre-/teen girls toward tech by giving funding for classes, sponsoring extracurriculars and even hosting summer camps. I think the emphasis in hiring can work together with that by expanding the number of women as role models for the girls to look up to. Hiring grown women by quota now has a knock-on effect for the soon-to-be women graduates of the near future. Not saying that's at all the only reason they're doing it. It's just that it can have a benefit for what you're proposing.

This goddamnit

Diversity is wonderful. The problem is that we have been culturally focused on diversity of demographic rather than on diversity of thought or perspective.

It would be one thing if their gender identity was just that, and not related to all the other toxic facets of their personality. As it actually exists though, I agree with you.

google has spent more than a quarter of a billion on diversity initiatives since 2014 and this is the result

shiri

Not at all. Sup Forums BTFO forever

Why is this garbage allowed on Sup Forums?

>kissless virgins

Yep thats a troll

No need to be so drastic. Simple forced segregation and time would sort all of that out.

>the solution isn't hire more black people/women
>the solution is to get rid of all the white men

The end is nigh.

>too xenophobic and narrow-minded to even make an attempt at understanding
Except most of us do understand, which is exactly why people hate you.

Yep USA use computer gamer stereotype as sub human, couple years after theses dork need job, simple found computer programming as profesion, any real nerd becomes mathematic or physics (note first computer science were mathematics,physics and EE).

Whole java,Visual Basic or .Net programmer are design for code monkeys, simple IT is Sweat factory of social inadapt, mostly jobs are bad pay, any competent developer goes to mananger or create own business, only H1B worked couldn't own business,works as consulters.

Real thing is women get out IT because found suck it and begin lower totem office jobs.

>trapped in a gender that you don't identify with
>trapped
>gender
???

Nignog you either this gender or that gender. If you feel trapped, it's because it's all in ur fkin head m8. Fix the problem instead of crying about it and guilt tripping society into changing for you

Rofl.
>implying social skills make a better programmer

Bitch mad AF because shes been hired to do a job that she cannot perform as well as neckbearded virgins who didnt waste time at parties like she did.

Bitch mad AF cause people different than her.
Bitch mad AF cause neckbeard out perform her ability and she was hired to meet a quota.

Lol what a joke. Sissy ass woman.

Damn, I don't think I've ever seen anything so bitter.

This

This.
At the moment, the majority of workers consist of under 20 men and 25+ year old grandmothers who failed their humanities course.

>Shit on neckbeards for being android like and only caring about performance
>tries to argue that the reason why china is gaining ground is because they are they arent robot like and have other metrics than performance
L. MAO

I disagree. The girls would probably be ugly whales and would be a waste anyways or foreigners which is about as bad.

I wish there weren't any, fuck them.

>Then offices should hire cute cheerleader girls to motivate the programmers who do work
b-but muh sexual her-ass-mint
tbħ I agree whole-heartedly that sex has a place in the office

>electrical engineering
No amount of push for women in stem will ever get more women in EE. Shit is made for the truly autistic. My uni has about 40 people enroll in EE every semester and about 4 graduating EE every semester. Truly crazy shit.

Is it that hard?

>(((yentas))) want women to occupy
fixing lots of typos today I see

how about "larper"

Gas yourself, jew.

If you can diligently into second- and higher-order effects, and are good at higher math, it's pretty easy.

Who the fuck cares? Hire people based on how well they do their job instead of an arbitrary quota.