Americans fucked even harder

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/08/maybe-americans-dont-need-fast-home-internet-service-fcc-suggests/?comments=1

>Americans might not need a fast home Internet connection, the Federal Communications Commission suggests in a new document. Instead, mobile Internet via a smartphone might be all people need.

>Ajit Pai thinks we only need 10 down, 1up, for ALL residential internet speeds.
>10 Mbps Down(1,000kb/s) ,1Mbps Up(100kb/s)

HAHAHAHA
AMERICANS MAXIMUM KEKAGE

>ars
Fuck off back to /r/technology faggot

b-but isps have no incentive to do this to us

>the dilapidated designated shanty city of amerifats

What is this '/r/technology'? It seems you know all about their posting habits though. Maybe you are the one that should consider going back

If America doesn't need it neither do others, America should vote on lowering the average internet speed of Europe to make it fair

>PAI AJIT

POO IN THE LOO

you really are delusional

Do Americans really believe this?

I got my gigabit connection, so who cares?

I mean, how can ANYONE think this is sane?

You'll have trouble watching a 1080p movie as a SINGLE user with 10mbps, nevermind if your residence has multiple individuals.

I know what his plan is though. He wants to make internet pure shit for doing any type of streaming. This will in turn force Americans to start purchasing cable television again because the internet will not suffice.

NETFLIX BTFO

good riddence

I agree.
We're bigger than Europe, so if we can do just fine on it, then everyone else should have subpar speeds too.

Those silly brits don't all need fiber speeds.
They're just using Facebook and twitter.

>You'll have trouble watching a 1080p movie as a SINGLE user with 10mbps, nevermind if your residence has multiple individuals.

No you won't. I have 10mbps down and it's just enough to watch two 1080 60fps videos on youtube at the same time.

>the trumpanzees are still defending this

when you hate the MSM so much you decide to give it full control over your last platform of free speech

>WHITE AMERICANS GET THEIR INTERNET KEKED BY A CURRYNIGGER STREETSHITTING PAJEET

You won't have it in a couple of years unless you upgrade to the Business Eliteā„¢ Package starting at just $599/mo.

Every normie doesn't need gigabit.
I bet you don't even use 80% of your connection.
Probably some netflix watching pleb.
Fuck off.

>hurr durr government enforced mandates are successful at improving things

>YouTube
Are you this fucking stupid? 10mbps is not enough for a house hold if it was some single person it's ok.

oh wow, clappers are being cucked by a pajeet once again
what a shame :^)

Wasn't Sup Forums the ones that were praising Trump and claiming him as the next greatest thing? I know this is an oversaid statement, but he really is the worst president in history.

He's pretty much the stereotypical president nobody wanted. Rich, fat, lazy, narcissistic and thinks controlling America via a twitter account is cool. He did not get elected into office legitimately.

Good thing he specifically said SINGLE person, you inbred illiterate fuck.

>telling someone to go another technology page is knowing reddit too much
back
you
go

10MB/s is a pretty good speed
10Mb/s is not

why would you type so many words to say "no u"

>I have 10mbps down and it's just enough to watch two 1080 60fps videos
That's assuming you have absolutely nothing else downloading. No big updates, nothing else torrenting, no gaming, just the youtube video(which will probably buffer numerous times)

That's shit.
I haven't had 10mbps since, what, fucking 2006?

I swear Ajit, if you don't head back to Poocurria right now...

LOL this is exactly the same republican give-to-the-rich horseshit that declared ketchup to be a vegetable in the 80's. The point is to allow ISPs to underserve places where the last mile is expensive for them, making them more profitable. And don't think it just applies to rural areas. Lots of urban and suburban areas have expensive last miles for various reasons.

Its a short term action benefiting a few, which makes the US less competitive in the long run. They do it because, unlike the long-term viability of the US as a global competitor, these short-term benefits can be converted into political donations and funneled to the party allowing it.

It's been 6 months you faggot. My retirement accounts think he's doing alright

Yes, it is.
The fact said user knew of its existence and that arstechnica is somehow affiliated with said board gives me enough proof.

Now stop pretending to be a 4channer like the rest of Sup Forums and fuck off back to your subreddit.

>how can anyone think this is sane
Republicans, they are obsessed with cutting back customer protection. Politics is more like a religion to them.

Comcast doesn't even exist in the rural areas referred to in the OP you retard

What was the point of this comment?
It clearly says 10Mbps/1Mbps.
That's shit.

There isn't enough bandwidth in the spectrum to adequately service people in the area.

Even if we were generous and say wireless can each up to 500mbit speeds, you literally have to share that 500mbit with everyone else in the coverage area.
100 people in the service area ? Guess you each get a 5mbit slice of the pie/QoS throttling you

Also didn't the FCC chance the definition of broadband to mean 25mbit or better ?

>plebbit spacing

Trumpfags will defend anything. ANYTHING. Dude seriously, look at places like the_donald, any criticism of Trump is deleted. It's also how they win because to them Trump can do wrong.

>im ok with being shit on as long as its corporations and not the GOBERMINT

faggot redditors who found Sup Forums through /r/the_donald came here because they thought this was "the place where you can say nigger a lot and not get banned LOL!"

anyone who was on this site during the bush admin remembers that this place was commie central beforehand (not that that is much better)

>Also didn't the FCC chance the definition of broadband to mean 25mbit or better ?
Not applicable to wireless providers dumbass

>look at me mom I told him to leave I'm the alpha now
Look at this faggot lmao

>reddit spacing
Yep, definitely a newfaggot.
No channer tries this hard to fit in. Go back already. You have some unattended upvotes ;)

If you wanna a good laugh go to weed subreddits. They were all praising him during the election, how he would be pro weed because Hillarys views weren't enough. They all cry like bitches now but they have no one to blame but themselves for believing Trump.

You need to go back to your designated upvote shithole.

>SJWtechnica
kys you dumb piece of shit faggot.

>John (((Brodkin)))
hmm...

you are killing Sup Forums
please stop this

What's happened with weed? Oh yeah, nothing

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TRUMPKEKS WON'T BE ABLE TO POST ON Sup Forums ANYMORE

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*breathes in*

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I actually literally unironically want to kill this man.

Not like they do already, most people are stuck in echo chambers refusing to even give the other sides points any thought

>net neutrality is bad because the free market will fix it
>also, the free market has decided that freedom is bad and that big brother knows what you want

daily reminder that "libertarians" are just autistic monarchists

Too bad you're a useless faggot

...and where did anyone mention Comcast?

thye're just misinterpreting what he said for fuck's sake. don't listen to JewTechnica. they're liars.

It literally says in the OP that HE thinks it you retarded cunt

Oh, they definitely do. Look at Sup Forums. Full of people who would bootlick Trump even if he fucked their wife.

What are they gonna do, rip out my fiber?

Look at the rest of reddit, where anything pro Trump gets deleted.

>isps have no incentive to do this to us
But they do
All cable companies are in the bed with the FCC. Shitty internet means less reliance on netflix for streaming, which forces people to buy cable, meaning more profit for cable companies.

their master plan is being put into action and the american public are powerless to stop it.

This is why you do not let monopolies get this big. It is a cancer that will require uprooting american society.

SHART IN MART
IT WAS MEANT TO BE

They're now contained in their general and the rest of Sup Forums generally despises them.

>youtube
youtube is shit-tier bitrate. 1080 webstreams can be 20+mbps, not enough for a 10 mbps connection

>yes goy trust Trump-appointed pajeet instead, he has your best interests in mind definitely!
Nobody is falling for this bullshit except retards like you

Do you actually know why it would be bad, or did you just hear somewhere once that the government is bad always, and now you just live like this?

The government may not be perfect, but corporations literally give 0 shits about you.

Remember indentured servants?

>thye're just misinterpreting what he said for fuck's sake
Care to explain what he ACTUALLY said then? Because I highly doubt anything coming from Pai's mouth would be a positive change.

Don't live in rural bum fuck America then idiot

You mean Obama your nigger bull

>>Ajit Pai thinks we only need 10 down, 1up, for ALL residential internet speeds.
Except that's not what he's fucking saying, did anyone actually read the inquiry?

It's infinitely easier to avoid a corporation than it is the federal government

Lol Yeah? Gotta give that fiber back American cuckboi. You don't need it. ;)

I live in a major leaf city where $80 leaf rupees/month gets you 25mbps down.

Ok I'm starting to get pissed off.

Fuck this indian faggot

Yes goy, you aren't paying enough to (((Comcast)))

Paijit and Trump have decided you need to pay more, goy.

what did the inquiry actually say

And I pay $70 American dollaroos for 85Mbps. Canada sucks, what else is new

If Donald Trump is such a successful business dude, why does he have a homeless man haircut?
Kind of screams epic scam, don't you think?

Actually read the article dipshit. That's the bar that's being set for mobile providers and not at all what is being implied in the OP

I pay $100/month for gigabit cable + tv from rogers.

You niggas are doing something wrong.

I don't get it, how is it even possible for someone to have such a stupid face

I just don't get burgers.
I would have voted for Hillary.
She has an excuse for having small,
feminine hands.

>I love neocons

Trump supporter.

>s-stop attacking my Trump appointee for fucking you over, he's only trying to fuck you over a little bit!
nice damage control

>Yes goy, you aren't paying enough to (((Comcast)))
But comcast keeps trying to sell me FTTH as well...

Shariablue wants net neutrality so they can shut down our memes cause they can't compete

That bar he's setting is still garbage and an obvious attempt to say that mobile broadband is being deployed in a timely manner which they are required to evaluate every year.

Daily reminder that Soros supports Net Neutrality.

and you want to kill it because if you can't have good internet, why should those damn liberals have good internet

We all knew it was coming to this and we warned everybody, but "free" market cucks (aka corporate shills) kept repeating less regulations would mean better service, and dumbfucks believed it. Good riddance, I've moved to Canada in June.

>Canada
ahaha, our internet is a million times worse than the US internet. We have hardcaps on all our internet plans and the ping for anyone outside of the GTA is insanely high.

Canada is already full of fucks, go elsewhere like Mexico

Fuck off we're full eh

Daily reminder that (((Comcast))) is against Net Neutrality. I wonder why.

>College & University campuses keep their fiber 10GB networks
>Everyone starts taking courses just to gain access to the superspeed networks
Looks like im going to have to download all my torrents on campus now.

Ironically that proves his pic correct since economic advocacy groups consider Canada to be one of the highest rated countries in economic "freedom"

Only for cucks that don't know how to negotiate.
The % of people that don't live in a big city is small.

Keep paying through the nose for your "bundle savings"
keep getting those "free" phones with plans that cost $95/month

>Actually read the article
>Americans might not need a fast home Internet connection, the FCC suggests in a new document.
>HOME
>INTERNET CONNECTION
>HOME

>MIGHT NOT NEED A FAST HOME INTERNET CONNECTION

huh

Reminder that economic "freedom" and "free" market are free for (((them))), never for us.

Capitalism is cancer.

It's OK, Trump fires all his appointees within a week and tweets to his fans what dicks they are.
Just be patient.

idiot. all of this has to do with trump and nothing of it with obama.