De-Google General

Friendly reminder that if you're a person who respects their individual privacy and freedom, there is no reason to be using the products created by the botnet that is the Google company.

There is a plethora of options available for you to replace your Google apps that are lighter, faster and better in general, including respect for freedom and privacy.

>search engine?
SearX, DuckDuckGo, StartPage, Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
>browser?
Brave, IceCat, various Firefox forks, Opera, Lightning for mobile
>email?
Self Host, cock.li, Proton Mail, Hotmail (Still Botnet) Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
>cloud storage?
Syncthing, ownCloud, Nextcloud
app store?
F-Droid, Yalp for Play Store front end
>YouTube?
NewPipe for mobile, not signing in on desktop
>SMS/Hangouts?
XMPP, Signal.
>calendar?
Nextcloud, ownCloud, RadiCAL,
>keep?
NextCloud, keep it in your emails.
>news?
RSS client, Librenews

List of Software you can Self-Host
github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted

NextCloud Providers
nextcloud.com/providers/

OwnCloud Providers,
owncloud.org/providers/

WebMail Comparison
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers

Its current year Sup Forums, there is no excuse for using Google or any other botnet.

Your Smart, adapt and overcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/trizen/youtube-viewer
mailinabox.email/
theoutpost.observer/article.php?id=32
yacy.net/en/index.html
yandex.com/
palemoon.org/
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=firefox-com
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/
addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sorry, any addition of signature spoofing currently requires a computer with fastboot and ADB.

>2017
>twf someone still use google

I am planning too update and make this list better, by splitting it up into.

Backend,
Computer,
Mobile,

Hopefully we can get more people away from the botnet, the Alternatives are out there its a matter for directing people to them.

If all your data is on google services, its googles data.

Why the hell would anyone use android anyway?

fag

>search engine?
SearX or YaCy
>browser?
IceCat (or NetRunner?)
>email?
teknik.io or cock.li
>cloud storage?
Nextcloud or vsftp
>app store?
F-Droid and Yalp for gapps shit
>YouTube?
NewPipe for mobile and bring back youtube-viewer github.com/trizen/youtube-viewer
>SMS/Hangouts?
IRC with some bouncer, just get mobile clients or ask a friend to config the client for you
>>news?
RSS, by Liferea or newsbeuter

I have to use it.
I am a teacher.

I use Yandex as main browser. Super-comfy and data is stored in Russia where none of the western agencies can get to it.

Thanks ill put that aside for integrating in the next post

didn't know Yanex have a browser,

Does anyone have good resources for people who want to run their own mail server?
Setting it up and learning the network part is one thing, but I feel burned out over the constant research I need to do in order to keep myself off spamlists.
I don't want to go back to gmail.

Archwiki has a good guide with setting up Spam Assassin

>didn't know Yanex have a browser,
It has dnscrypt built in which means I don't have to fuck with encrypted DNS servers that always go down. also, all the extensions work.

>hotmail
lol wut is this 2005?

mailinabox.email/

It's a Chrome with Yandex's skin.

Oh god I just tried Brave and it's a piece of shit why the fuck do you fags recommend it? Is it some sort of inside joke?

The Debian wiki has better material on each part, but I need something more concrete.
In order to send emails to gmail you need: ...
In order to send emails to outlook you need: ...
Stuff like that.
At first I thought it was cool how I could set everything up myself, but that freedom has turned into a very narrow set of demands that I can't find.
And setting it all up again is a huge pain.
There is also some projects that integrate all that stuff, but I don't know how well they work in practice.
All I need is a single email account and mailman on a 512mb server.

DKIM and SPF is all you really need for 99% of cases.

And even then, if you do get rejected the destination server will tell you why.

Best thing to do is set it up and use it to find the problems.

SSL is also wise the setup, its never stopped me sending emails, bust look for legit to the other server.

Not if you want to send to gmail.

Its all I have and it works fine sending to gmail.

Where are you getting this from?

Here is some of my initial experience
>search engine
Everything but google will be slow and not as relevant, just get used to patient browsing. Startpage & duckduckgo are great. Bing & Yahoo still track your data.

>browser
Firefox does just fine when you choose the right privacy settings; they are an ethical organisation. But you can get chromium-based browsers which don't track like vivaldi, which is quite comfortable and a bit braver in its feature inventiveness than firefox and chrome.

>mail
Protonmail is excellent. It is simple and robust, secure and private. It was developed by cool dudes; CERN scientists who had a vision for internet privacy and proper encryption. Just read about it.

>youtube
There is nothing I can recommend. Vimeo is dead, vid.me seems to be mainly populated by gamers and Sup Forumstards.

You can also stop tracking by getting Ghostery as an extension; it identifies and stops all trackers on your page, and gives you info about them by simply hovering. Just make sure you don't agree to donate your data to it as it sells it to advert developers (just anonymously), but it IS optional.

Umatrix is tops too

I have been on and off the spam list about 5 times over the past 3 years.
They constantly add new requirements, they never write the requirements down and I am burned out about this project.

Why is mega not on the cloud list? Paranoia that it's gonna get breached?

Same thing with the default android messaging app, unless that's botnet somehow.

Are you a relay?

I dont get how that happens to you without being an open relay.

I've been serving mail for over 5 years with nothing but SPF and DKIM and never been on one.

If you are getting on Barracuda and those spam lists it will be because of spammy content your server is sending.

>tfw this is the state of this fucking board
Do you Sup Forums autists seriously not understand that not everyone on this planet is fucking NEET and that people actually want to prioritse being able to get work done so that they can actually earn a living. I realise half of this board lives in their mothers fucking basement, but surely you must realise that some people actually have work to do, and dont have the time to fuck around with this shit when google just works for what they need to do

>glorifying rotting away in a cubicle as a good lifestyle choice
I work too but the people living in their parent's basements are much better off.

People who don't have time to "fuck around" are in a pretty shitty state of life

Tell your users to use better passwords.

Shouldn't you be at your Google reeducation camp?

This desu

Don't all these alternative search engines just pull results from Google and other big corporate run search engines anyway?

Brave and Yandex cuck the google hard.

Google don't get anything from it though.

And they use other engines.

> (OP)
>I have to use it.
>I am a teacher.
Lol. You know what they say, those that can't do, teach you faggot

I use StartPage and it can quite easily replace google for searches

Can I recommend apple? Some will say it's also a botnet but they seem to respect privacy and at it's worse it's a non google botnet and all in one place, you aren't getting raped by multiple companies at once.

iCloud email
iCloud storage
Safari (going to be worlds fastest browser soon)

I still use google for search but that's about all.

If Apple had a way to ensure customers their privacy is secured more than one will dive in, but they are not too smart to implement open source of critical software or any decent audit.

Use yandex instead. Apple is just as cucked as google.

Yandex mail
Mega cloud
Firefox browser bc i tried brave and it took more off the cpu than ff

Mozilla is worse than Google though.

Maybe if you're a Sup Forumstard who doesn't give a shit about his freedom

>his
Did you just assume xer gender?

This stupid meme is like 4 or 5 years old now.

I avoid them personally due to their disregard of privacy and push for more 'analytics'

What's wrong with Brave?

Whats good about it?

don't they run their own ads?

HIT GOOGLE WHERE IT HURTS

So you want to kill google? And not just kill it, fucking demolish it? Three things need to happen. All of Google's money comes from advertising, analytics, and hosting. To kill google we need to drive up their operational costs while lowering their profits.

Fuck with their advertisements

If you have ever worked with adsense before you will know that the one thing they absolutely despise is telling people to click ads. They want people who are actually interested in products to click advertisements, because only they will be persuaded to purchase products. On top of that, companies pay google per click. If they are paying a ton of money and few people are buying their products, they will pull out.

STEP 1: Go on to youtube, google shopping, or anyplace else with adsense ads in private browsing mode on a vpn or proxy.

STEP 2: Click all the ads you possibly can

STEP 3: Hop on a new proxy/vpn/tor circuit, and clear out the browser

STEP 4: Repeat

???????

LOSS OF PROFIT

Fuck with their file storage

Google stores everything you upload, and keeps it there even if it gets "deleted." Storing stuff costs lots of money, and high speed ssd drives to keep it all on aren't cheap. The more you upload, the more they pay.

STEP 1: Choose a platform that allows you to upload files(eg: youtube, drive, gsites, ect)

STEP 2: Get a file that is at or over the maximum file limit

STEP 3: Upload it again, and again, and again, and again

EXTRA STEP: If you are doing youtube make a huge file with a ton of random music, text on the screen, and game footage. Their matching algorithm will have to go through your whole 1hr + video and match everything there for monitization.

??????

LOSS OF PROFIT

Fuck with analytics

Google is so popular in the analytics world because it can show advertisers what type of people are viewing their page (see theoutpost.observer/article.php?id=32 for a good explanation). If we can make this data unreliable then people will stop using google services.

STEP 1: Get a huge word dictionary

STEP 2: Make a small script that searches something entirely random every 20 minutes or so

STEP 3: Let it go as long as possible on as many accounts as possible

STEP 4: Go to random pages with tracking on them to give them fucked results

?????

LOSS OF PROFIT

Fuck with the advertisers

If companies think their users won't buy their products because of google then they will pull out and stop funding them. Youtube's budget got slashed when a few guys pulled out, just imagine what would happen if we could get a ton of people to leave.

STEP 1: Get a huge list of "medium" sized advertisers. Companies that are small enough that it is easy to get a message through to them but big enough that they have a large advertising budget.

STEP 2: Get huge volumes of well written emails to them saying that you (a past customer) are highly against google and don't want to purchase from a company that supports them. Talk about the quality of their products and say you don't want to take your business elsewhere. Sweet talk them.

STEP 3: Get fucktons of people to do this. Gamergate style, but bigger.

???????

LOSS OF PROFIT

ALTERNATIVES TO GOOGLE'S SHIT SOFTWARE

Search engine:

yacy.net/en/index.html

- Yacy is a distributed peer to peer search engine that has had time to mature and harden

yandex.com/

- Yandex is a Russian search engine that has been trying to break into googles market for years

Browser:

palemoon.org/

- Palemoon is a firefox fork that has slowly been developing. Has the original firefox ux, and is very customizable.

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=firefox-com

- Everyone knows what fucking firefox is, although it has become bloated. If you use this, make sure to harden it

GET THESE PLUGINS:

umatrix: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/

- helps you filter out google cdn's and analytics. A bit of a learning curve but its worth it.

ublock origin: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

- A non-jewed adblocker that is extremely robust.

User Agent Switcher: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/

- Changes what websites read your browser as, helps fuck with analytics.

DO NOT FORGET WHY GAMERGATE FAILED

- DO NOT MAKE YOURSELVES MORE MODERATE TO GET OTHERS IN

- DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO ECELEB FAGGOTS

- DO NOT RESPOND TO SHILLING POSTERS

GNU+TERRORISM

GNU+TERRORISM

KILL THE NON-FREE SOFTWARE INFIDELS

>High speed SSD's

>>Sup Forums

This isn't meant to be a political thread, this is meant to help people move away from Googletron.

What about Amazon?