Reminder that Euclideon's unlimited point cloud dartar graphics were never a scam

Reminder that Euclideon's unlimited point cloud dartar graphics were never a scam.

youtube.com/watch?v=4uYkbXlgUCw

They also have a fully functional, organic animation going on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DbMpqqCCrFQ
pouet.net/prod.php?which=55558
youtube.com/watch?v=ebvitJWGWoU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>millions of atoms
>looks worse than D3
oh boi

yeah, just fucking terrible

youtube.com/watch?v=DbMpqqCCrFQ

good to see they finally got some lighting, and even a rudmentary material system going on now

these guys are progressing, slow as fuck but their tech is promising in some ways.

we had voxel games before, I wonder how far they can take this, maybe if they can render scenes with a huge ammount of detail on some engine and then convert them to their "atoms"

bump

Absolutely zero proof that that is rendered in real time, and they refuse to release any demos that let people navigate an "unlimited detail" scene. They get tons of hate and could dismiss it all easily if they were telling the truth, but they don't.

aren't they developing 3d scanning software and storage format that several companies already use?

the software even got leaked like a year and a half or so ago. (one of the videos had an URL unintentionally displayed to amazon cloud storage with around 800 MB data file that i was i able to download before the leak, could have used it for testing, but deleted unfortunately)

i've seen interview where they let a dude to navigate through their early island demo using a controller.

3D scan compression is entirely possible and not very interesting and nobody is saying that isn't possible.

What isn't possible is them taking those scans and loading them into their "unlimited detail" engine that supposedly allows real-time rendering of the scene with the full trillions of "atoms"

I know it wasn't, but it's still stillborn for games.

They use it all the time, it's real, games got shafted for GIS - I've personally seen it used in conbination with LIDAR to scan out the path of a major expressway construction.

Fuck off Euclideon employee

Other side of the equation, Euclidean customer.
Well, 'I' wasn't and I no longer work for the government department that used it.

It was pretty neat though - however the discussion really has no place on Sup Forums since it's not anything to do with videogames, it's GIS technology now - maybe this thread has a place on Sup Forums though.

Prove it or kill yourself

If you look on euclideon's website, you'll see some example photos.
Look on google earth for -35.105700, 138.510490
check the historical imagery.

I'm not posting anything more than that.

Just like it was demostrated before
IT DOESN'T WORK FOR FUCKING GAMES
Their mapping shit look ok but they wont be able to animate complex things with that.
This could be the most complex animated dot style graphics you could make out there.
pouet.net/prod.php?which=55558

>example photos.
Wow yeah that definitely proves that they have a system capable of rendering scenes with unlimited "atoms" in real time and without computational scaling.

Fuck off

if I posted a leaked binary of one of their mapping things, would anyone be interested in RE?

No, because the mapping things aren't interesting

same algorithm though, no?

Not at all

bummer, appreciate the heads up though. I was about to install in a VM and try to look into it.

I never said it was useful for games, I straightup said it was used for GIS now.
Wouldn't be worth it for you, unless you're fekkin Kim Dotcom.

Why are they putting so much effort into explaining basic concepts to the layman rather than selling this technology to game studios?
And anyway, if they should at least put out a proof of concept so we can see for ourselves that it works.

Implying any game studio would rework their entire fucking development and asset creation pipeline from polygonal graphics to voxel graphics.

They'd literally have to replace every single tool they use (including $5000 software suites) and retrain all of their artists.

>voxels
that takes me back
remember wondering why the graphics in this game;
youtube.com/watch?v=ebvitJWGWoU
looked so unique, turns out it was the first voxel-based game i played

Gross. Less efficient than TRADITIONAL polygons (voxel rasters are hardly different) and it looks worse than the very beautiful PS1.

IT'S
UNNLLLLLIMITED!

one of their earlier videos implied that you just convert the super-high-poly model to their point cloud dartar format and that's it. as in 3d artists still get to work with polygon modeling tools.

OMG GPU IS KILL

Why is this so fucking blurry and low framerate?