Question time, does Sup Forums use dvd drives?

Question time, does Sup Forums use dvd drives?

Yes. Even have a USB one.

use within regularity? no.

wish I had one when i need one? yes.

my ps3 is the main drive i use, and that's for all of every two years when i need to play some physical disk.

last physical disk my pc saw was DOOM and that was followed by a lolwut 60 GB download.

i find in business you deal with this shit more often than expected so no, they are not dead by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a case by case basis.

I use an internal BD drive to rip various discs.

yes i have a USB one

can't get my BD to work IMO

>tfw when optical is dying

they're coming for our guns next

>Yes
taken apart for the laser.
I would never buy a laptop with DVD drive installed.

I own that exact drive

Who do you think rips your shit?

Bought pic related from OP along with an external 3.0 sata/power connector and use that combo for ripping the occasional CD. Other then that it sits in the closet.

No point in having it permanently in the computer. More heat, noise, weight, power draw, and looks ugly

I have one in my computer but it's not plugged in

Yes, because I own a lot of gaems on cds

Yes, I do, all the time.

NOEP

Like once a year to RIP my old CDs.

It's a USB external

I just installed an optical drive in my newly built pc pretty much only because im old fashioned and very much prefer physical media when i can get it.

every once in a while i break out the usb one for something

Australian with ADSL2.

i have one in my pc but rarely gets used
its nice to have though when sometimes i actually need it, why wouldnt i have it if i happen to own few dvd drives and my case has 5.25 places which have no other use for me

I've been contemplating buying a bluray burner. they're just too damn expensive.
I can't believe dvd is still the norm for pc

No not normally
Only whenever I need to install an operating system on an retro computer

>tfw gf comes home from her indian friend's house with a Windows 10 sticker on her body

Yeah, I put my second backups on DVD-Rs.

External, yes.

Always keep a DVDRW in every pc. I install operating systems from CDs rather than USB, even though i know USB is fine. I also keep this one CDRW around to use as 'A Legacy USB Flash Drive' (Pic Related) for older computers with USB 1 or something.

you never know when you might need one even though it gets rarely used. There was a time I needed a network adapter for my rig and it came with a cd. Sure I could have used my phone's hotspot to download the driver, but I don't feel like paying extra for that. A $20 POS optical is more than a sturdy investment. It's also nice if I get the itch to play any of my old games from way back when like Icewind Dale or KOTOR. I can just dig around for it int he back of the closet and pop the disc in for the nostalgia. Right now I'm using it to loop through all of my animu dvds on my spare monitor.

YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN DISABLED BY STATE SECURITY SERVICES IN COLLABORATION WITH... Microsoft. PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND PUT YOUR FACE AND HANDS AGAINST THE WALL. STATE SECURITY SERVICE OFFICERS WILL BE THERE TO TAKE YOU INTO CUSTODY MOMENTARILY.

I did 10y ago. Since some time around then, basically nope.

Just ordered one and should arrive by today.

I use my laptop drive to burn PS2 games, however it's a really crappy one and the games always end up with bad sectors
Any recommendations for a decent, budget DVD drive? I would imagine by now they're dirt cheap right?

I did up until my last build, don't have a use for one so i left it out.

I have a blu ray + hd dvd drive. I'm still not sure who won the format war.

I've got a BDXL burner for the occasional blurays I buy and wish to store a hard copy of.

I also occasionally backup important things onto Mdisc blurays.