Too dumb to code

>too dumb to code
>too dumb to program
>graduated with a BSc in Computer Science because Zhang did all the programming while I did the presentations and reports

who /brainlet/ here?

>tfw to brainlet to do reports

maybe you're not brainlet, maybe you are just too afraid to even try

brainlets get out

I can program and never followed a single course in it.

You just have to pick a project to do. And then start building it. With a tutorial as reference.

It's that easy.

You're manager material.

You need to give it a real shot OP

I used to have to do all 3 in my group projects

Seems like you have upper management written all over you.

I want to program but whenever I sit down at my computer at home I tell myself later. I have a few ideas for android apps that I want to make for shits and giggles.

Any good resources to inspiration/tutorials for projects?

Managers make more than programmers.
You are pretty set.

are you still good at doing the reports?

im currently in grad school for geospatial development and to be quite honest i like having a partner who wants to do all the writeup & documentation, as long as they can understand the broad strokes of what i'm doing. i fucking hate using microsoft word and my powerpoints always end up as drab walls of text because i am artistically retarded.

it lets me focus on writing the code solo (never any arguments over styles or structure, or accidental duplication of work, or whatever else) while having someone who can dedicate 100% of their time to making excellent professional-looking reports. it's like a wozniak & jobs kind of relationship.

you could probably get into the marketing department of a development company or something

That is true.
I did a networking course which got me using Lnux. From then on I have wanted to do Linux programming and are self-taught in Java, Python and currently C.
It would be nice to go through a comp sci degree but meh.

>who /brainlet/ here?
The whole "slash gee".

Just sit down,get what you learnd and fuck around until you can program well.
No fun, no skill.
NEVER EVER, EVER.

you're probably just too lazy to learn. you have to like programming in order to become a programmer. saying you're a brainlet is just a bullshit excuse.

At my uni we do 6-5man projects in our own designated group rooms.
We just get a theme for what we are supposed to do and then we find a problem, solve it and document how we solved the problem.
We only have 3 courses because we spend half our time working on these projects. So the only thing we have to turn in is our report at the end of a semester. Nothing else.
It's pretty comfy especially because the retards are weeded out early, so you end up just working together with bros interested in what you are working on.

successful "programmer" here

graduated with 3.90 gpa, I HATE CODING NOW. I HATE MY LIFE BECAUSE I KEEP CODING ALL DAY, I NEVER WANT TO SEE ANY COMPUTER AROUND ME WHEN I GET HOME

programming really isnt hard

I know that feel.

I used to love computers, not I hate them...

Thinking of quitting my job, getting a trade diploma and a job, then get back into computers on my own...

this. never do a job that you love as a hobby. it's not a happy ending unlike most people say. hobby is fun when it stays as hobby. i missed managing hobby projects, contributing to interesting huge projects on github etc.

now it's all over. i am totally bored of programming.

>too dumb
>programmer

you dont need intelligence to be a code monkey

I don't believe this at all.
I work at a shop that restores vintage Porsches. And before I worked there I was restoring vintage BMWs. And when I get home I work on my BMWs. Really depends how much you like something.
I mean I guess for me the hobby is driving them, so maybe it's not the same, but I'm not bored of cars.

Zhang is pretty much OK, I have nothing to say against Chinks. If it was a rajeet, it would be shame on you.

don't worry you can just stackexchange it

The code monkey at least needs a luggage of knowledge, at least about RDBMS and HTTP and some scripting language if it's web dev.

OP was a student, it was not about the amount of intelligence for a code monkey, it's about the intelligence to pass a lot of theoretical exams.

From a roll thread

Why the fuck did you even go to school if you weren't there to learn.

I swear this is all "bro i graduated and cant find a job" people actually are.

>who /brainlet/ here?
>learning C
>can't work out how the dinamic memory works
just give my IQ points

Learn assembly, then you will understand C so much more. I recommend a RISC architecture like MIPS.

successional quads confirm

it's easy, what do you exactly not understand?

you call malloc that in return calls the kernel api to reserve you memory with the size n, once you are finished with it you call free which in turn calls another kernel api to free the memory chunks allocated on that pointer value

>so maybe it's not the same
The equivalent to software development would be being forced to fix cars with hot glue and parts formed of turd.

not me, I had pointers figured out when I was 14 and making shitty cmd line programs

you're literally dumber than a 14 year old

pointers are easy, I don't understand what problem people have with them

I prefer explicit pointers to the ass-backwards "reference type" garbage you see in shit like Java and C#