What does Sup Forums think about hackintoshes?

What does Sup Forums think about hackintoshes?

Not worth the bother.

Why?

Love em. Use one as my main desktop..the compatibility has come a long way. Mainly cause i like the UI and HATE apple's shit hardware with soldered parts

They're for technically illiterate people as macs are.

this

Right now it's easier to set up a Hackintosh than installing Linux + there is lot's off commercial Software available. Just give it a try if you're interested, it's literally free.

>it's easier to set up a Hackintosh than installing Linux

hackintoshes are fine but you dont need to lie.

linux works on everything
macshit works on a fraction of everything
don't lie user

People who use hackintosh are exactly like closet faggots.

Why not just use Linux?

What does Mac have that Linux doesn't?

non-free software
better than winblows, though

nothing - it actually lacks a lot of stuff but it has a proper ui.

So much more opportunity to buy software. Also a bit more GUI stability, in my experience.

i have one
it works pretty well

>opportunity to buy software
i'm offering you the opportunity to buy my shit. $5,000/kg.

you in?

its easier than installing Arch Linux or Gentoo at least

Interesting works, with version of macOS have you used?

wich macOS have you used?

wow you picked 2 distros with no installer.

macOS is the best OS in existence at the moment, without a doubt. However, the hardware Apple sells leaves some people with many complaints. Hackintosh is the best of both worlds for some and the nice thing is that Apple isn't even trying to shut it down. Its rumored they let it happen because it usually leaves users wanting the full fat experience one day leading them to buy a Mac. They've only ever gone after something once, that was a company selling computers with macOS on it but not installed, trying some loophole shit but they got shut down. Normal person resources online have never even been given a cease and desist. Apple is very, very fierce with protecting their IP, the fact they've done nothing all all the Hackintosh community resources ever is evidence they're letting it happen.

>I don't know how to run Linux applications on a Mac

What is POSIX you dumb cunt?

What does it lack?

logic and ableton live

>putting words in my mouth
suck my dick homonigger

>buy macbook because nice hardware and aesthetic
>use osx even though it sucks because it works on the hardware
vs.
>buy thinkpad because of hardware compatibility
>use osx because ... ?

There are reasons to use OSX on non-apple hardware (cheapass IOS dev machine being one) and on thinkpads you atleast get better ergonomics with a better keybaord, better durability and less chance of Tyrone yanking it as well as all the other things that thinkpads give you compared to macbooks

I'd imagine the main benefits of the Thinkpad-based hackintosh are the keyboard, the durability, the ease of repair and the better thermals compared to a Macbook, on top of just generally being cheaper.
As for why you'd want to use OS X on one, I dunno. Probably some edge use case where it makes sense.

autistic

fpbp

I don't have an Intel processor though.

>littered pill bottles
junkie. you're too zonked out to see how shit macos is.

yes this is true.. I hackintosh 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and after that I buy 1 iMac, 1 MBP and 1 MBA...

right now I free from windows and still hackintoshing other compatible laptop such as T420, T430 and another 3 dell laptop and 2 desktop CPU