/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/JVC-HARX700-Precision-Sound-Headphones/dp/B0013OWPV4
warosu.org/g/thread/S61717475#p61723504
asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.4984044
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looking for some decent wireless in ear headphones that are not physically connected to each other.
Normal shit, or chink shit.

These will be used to listen music at work, and cycling. I don't want to any wires, and at least 5 hours of use.

Thanks

glomf

Just got some bose QC 35's

Good headphones for the shower?

I think these may be what you're looking for.

SR007

HD600

Won't open headphones get water/moisture in them and short out/be ruined?

Yes

Earpods®

HD 600
HD 600

Is fulla 2 enough to drive HD600?

Yes

Yes for modern compressed music.

Closed headphones for under €50? So far I'm considering Sennheiser HD202.

buy a pair of dt990 pros for $90 to replace my hd558s y/n?

Treble goes through the roof if you're unable to run them properly, but otherwise nice if you are looking for a v-shaped headphone

Reminder that STAX owners think they can hear up to 352kHz.

And they can :^)
>Inb4 confirmed earlet

What are the best headphones ever made?

>And they can :^)
Bet you can't even hear 19kHz.

HD650

You mean HD600 right?

Definitely not

>Confirmed earlet
>Inb4 confirmed dynamiclet
Literally jej

I can hear from 14hz to 21khz btw.
Hi-Res is a meme also.

Nope, HD600 is too bright.

>Not 352kHz

Audeze LCD-1s

You mean LCD-X right?

Nah

I have fixed the problem by putting a paper piece behind the DAC, which apparently helps connect the DAC to the AMP.
I think one of the connector pins was not touching before, causing the outage of the right channel.

Don't forget to join my drops, gaijin. Heh heh heh.

>Massdrop x Koss Porta Pro X Headphones - 37.99
>Massdrop Objective 2 (O2) Headphone Amplifier 79.99
>Massdrop x JBL LSR30X Powered Speakers 279.99

>the absolute state of fiio

I'll admit to being butthurt I heard about the HD 6XX right after it closed

Well I have it since 5 years and I probably broke it myself desu.

Oh no worries my western devi... *cough* I mean friend, we have many very fine headphones indeed. Might I interest you in a nice K7xx that's dropped right now.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

HD650

Kill yourself you poorfag

That's a severe downgrade.

If I buy headphones from amazon and there's something wrong with them do I have to ship the back? Do they cover return shipping costs?

If shits broken they'll cover return shipping. Otherwise you have to cover it.

I have Westone W-40's. Would there be a noticeable difference in sound quality if I bought W-80's, NA Kaiser/Katana, CA Vega, etc?

Get the HE4XX instead goy. It's cheaper and better.

My hearing drops off completely after 12khz, what setup should I get?

Fill out the form

Something from Beyer.

eyo

Will the Monoprice AMP be enough for the HD600?

Yes, easily

>My hearing drops off completely after 12khz
How old are you? 100?

are you sure though? most sites say they're pretty good and i don't see anything better for the price.
i'm tired of being a basslet, though i'm not too excited about how the dt990s are described as harsh. i do have an amp to drive them tough fucking hell what do i do?

Repost with updated choices.

>Budget
$100
>Location
Burger
>Source
Phone/Computer
>Type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
I want to be able to both wear them in public while walking around, and be able to wear them for a long period of time while doing desk work.
>Sound signature
Neutral. V-shaped seem to be fine, but I don't have much experience. I have a wide variety in my music taste, and I switch from genre to genre a lot. Mostly has been metal and classic rock recently, but hip-hop and edm are also choices.
>Past headphones
JBL HARX 700
amazon.com/JVC-HARX700-Precision-Sound-Headphones/dp/B0013OWPV4

I have narrowed it down to M40x or Status CB-1. Any further opinions, the price between both of them doesn't matter much to me.

I mean do you have access to the dt880s? They're a much more balanced headphone.

Not him, but he's correct. HD558 are close to neutral and DT770/880/990 are very far from neutral. HD600 is your only logical upgrade path.

Are you serious? Retard.
I would recommend DT880s instead

At m40x
Status audio cb1

>Neutral

>I want to be able to both wear them in public while walking around
M40x?

warosu.org/g/thread/S61717475#p61723504
HD600 >>>>>>>>>>>>> DT880

HD580

>fucking hell what do i do?
get hd600 of course

>Shilling HD600s as a recommendation over $90 DT990s
Kill yourself, famalam

>Beyerdynamic

>Great headphones

>they dont have removable cords

M40X and CB-1 are your best bets. Just depends whether you want comfy now or later.

>Sennheiser
>German company
>Chink shit plastic
wtf Germany? Why is Germany a joke?

Your headphones are already better than most headphones in the under $300 category and any upgrades you'll find in this price category will be extremely slight upgrades and honestly not worth the money. Be aware that headphone frequency response, which is responsible for nearly all of the perceived audio quality of a headphone, has no correlation with price: asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.4984044

You will need to spend $300 on an HD600 to obtain a significant sonic upgrade over your HD558. If you cannot afford that now, just stick with your HD558 until you can.

You should do research outside of /hpg/ which is heavily shitposted, trolled and samefagged as of late, particularly when any Sennheiser headphones are discussed.

>that channel matching
WTF!!!!!!!

France is the best country with audio. It produces the objectively best and second best headphones, the Utopia and Elear.

The 558's bass muddies up the mids. Even AD900Xs are going to be an upgrade if you don't mind the lack of bass.

>Significant upgrade
>Meme study
>Fqr most important
>Most easily fixed thing with EQ.

I'm going to go with completely fucking wrong for $500, Alex.

>Those digits
Kek. Sennshills kindly BTFO'd

>You will need to spend $300 on an HD600 to obtain a significant sonic upgrade over your HD558
alright i'm just going to get the 990s. it's only $90 so it's not like i'm going broke, i'm buying them so i can hand down my 558s to my brother. i'll save up some money and go headphone shopping again at the end of the year, thanks fellas.

The SHP9500S are much better than the DT990 for less.

Then they'd be a sidegrade to his 558s. DT 990s are at least a different sound signature, but I do also somewhat agree with you.

Seconding this. See if you can find a pair.

His next argument
>more THD is good!

jej

I think I will be going with the M40x, ampless for now. Unless someone has a good recommendation for something inexpensive and portable. Being able to wear them on my walking commute is a must.

get speakers u retard

>The SHP9500S are much better than the DT990 for less.
Debunked

that poor anime girl has the "shaft" syndrome
we're gonna have to put her down

And poorly sealed

>Heavily shitposter, trolled and samefagged as of late
>Translation: People with actual knowledge of acoustics outside of meme pseudo-objectivist computer chair electrical engineers that would memespam a shit tier, hard to drive open back headphone decided to join in on the discussion
>Now the sennshills are getting BTFO'd every thread, half of them don't even own the fucking meme cans they keep shilling, and they resort to rapid fire shitposting against the tripfag of the thread because they know they hardly understand their own citations and when they get called out on their shit they can only shitpost in response.
>"HUURRRR MAH FAVORITE HEADPHONE I DONT EVEN OWN ISNT BESTEST ANYMORE REEEEEE"

please neck yourself. I'm sorry your precious /hpg/ isn't a Sennheiser safe space anymore.

>Shitposted
>Trolled
>Samefagged
>As of late
You mean this cesspool of an /hpg/ thread brought to you by yours truly, Mr. Sennheiser shill

the previous /hpg/ was the best /hpg i've ever posted in desu senpai

This

If I were to buy a Beyerdynamic headphone and the cord were to break.

How the fuck would you replace it?

You don't

Why would someone design a headphone like that?

>he didn't buy the Custom pro/studio, DT 250, dt 1770/1990, t1 gen 2 with detachable cables

To save on costs. Alternatively, you can make the headphone chink shit, and charge a ton for replacements. There's no winning, dude

Solder a 3.5 female onto it to make it detachable

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. Now go out and read up on the respective sound signatures (or, better yet, go to a store, show or meet up to demo them in person) before you drop A LOT of money. Also, you may not want the TOTL(s) of each of those respective companies if the sound signature of a lower-priced model may suit your taste more. With those companies, it's less "sound quality" and more "sound signature and individual pro/cons that refine the already luscious sound". Seriously though, do your homework before you spend dat money.

What are some headphones that are build like a tank?

I think I fucked up my hearing, I was testing my hearing range.
>Test the highs
> Can hear up to 19khz with low to medium volume
I'm 28 btw
>Not bad
>Test the lows
>Can hear up to 17hz
>Not bad
>Start to feel a weird sensation inside my ears, like a tickling sensation.
>Get up from my desk.
>Feeling dizzy now.
It has been two days since, now every time I start playing music I start feeling dizzy and my ears start to tickle.
I did the test with my CB-1 and Aune x1s, I had the volume in low.
What do bros? Should I visit an otolaryngologist?

Focal utopia