YouTube roll out in-app video sharing and messaging to users worldwide

techcrunch.com/2017/08/07/youtube-roll-out-in-app-video-sharing-and-messaging-to-users-worldwide/

>YouTube today is launching a new sharing feature in its mobile app, previously in testing with users in select markets. The feature allows YouTube users to send their friends videos and chat from within a new tab in the mobile app – effectively turning YouTube into a mobile messenger of sorts.

>The feature has been in testing since the middle of last year, and, at the beginning of 2017, rolled out to users in Canada as something of a “soft launch.” It later expanded to parts of Latin America, the company tells us.

>Following the feedback gained from these long-term initial tests, YouTube felt it was ready to debut the sharing feature to a global audience. That roll out begins today, but won’t reach all YouTube users worldwide for a few days. In other words, if you don’t see the sharing option yet – just wait, you will soon.

>Since its debut in tests, YouTube says it has made some slight changes to the user interface for sharing, including the way the chat interface appears to users, and it made the video stick to the top of the chat when scrolling down. It also introduced the ability to allow replying and chatting while users are watching a video, which gives the feature more of a real-time feel. However, it hasn’t gone as far as to integrate the emoji responses and co-viewing found in the company’s experimental YouTube app, called YouTube Uptime.

>The idea behind the sharing feature’s development is to transition some of the social activity that takes place around videos – including the sharing of links and chats about the video themselves – back into YouTube instead of other messaging apps. It’s unclear if it will be successful in that regard. People’s preferred mobile messengers already have their established social graphs, and YouTube is having to build its social network of people’s friends and family from scratch.

>Facebook turning into YouTube
>YouTube turning into Facebook
who will win?

This is what happens when you let women in your company

>yet ANOTHER Google messenger

STOPPPP! Why do they keep doing this?

There is nothing wrong with women in tech. Blanket judgements help no one.

Just like there are the right men and wrong men for the job, there are also the right women and wrong women for the job.

Great, another app that's going to take up space needlessly for a feature I'll never use. Any alternatives?

NewPipe, the free and open source minimal youtube mobile client

Not him but NewPipe doesn't support YouTube accounts so I can't login and access any of my subscriptions or playlists or anything.

Oh, shame. I need a client I can log in to and browse at the very least.

No need to act like a dick, cocksucker

Where is Gmail messages? :-O

What the fuck you on about, I just asked for a client I can log in to.

Need to grow up my man. Stop watching your Minecraft Videos and get a life.

No shit it doesn't. It's meant to keep all the google integration out and just let you browse youtube.

Next you'll be saying that you can't use NewPipe because it doesn't let you share videos and chat with your friends

If you want a client that a whole bunch of bullshit features and google integration, use the normal youtube client

Calm down nigger, who shat in your coffee??

The final nail in the coffin for it's old "Broadcast Yourself" philosophy

>more bloat
That's why NewPipe and SkyTube are better.

Go be a newfag somewhere else

LMAO U mad kiddo?

I'm not new, faggot. Just tell me what's so wrong about asking for a client I can log in it.

Nah senpai

>use the normal youtube client

Okay. Will do.

I don't have a YouTube account or a FB. I do have a gmail but im working on switching to proton mail.

I avoid social media like the plague it is. I don't want every little event in my life to be publicized. I don't feel the need to constantly one up people.

People need to wake up and realize it's all one big control grid. "They" are building profiles on people which will inevitably be used in the AI controlled pre crime prevention programs.

INDIANS.

>still have an arbitrary text limit on video titles inviting click baiters to continue click baiting
I literally have seeing half a video title, there's zero fucking excuse other than muh white space

Finally i can share a livestream of my cock with friends.