/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!

IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner
IRC guide: pastebin.com/YDbEWRHV

Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
Github: github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner

>TODO:
- Host project at savannah.nongnu.org
- Set bug tracker and mailing list in Savannah.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.
12. Optionally add parser for HTML, DJVU, PDF, epub, etc.?

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/1732348/regex-match-open-tags-except-xhtml-self-contained-tags/1732454#1732454
github.com/lexborisov/myhtml
surf.suckless.org/files/
uzbl.org/wiki/scripts
youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
netrunner.cc/
go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746571
blog.tox.im/2016/04/01/litigation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AMD IS OVER AND FINISHED

Where is the logo?

I'll make one.

Does netrunner display links correctly?
I mean, is this thing able to display
This and that

Regexp would be a good idea here I guess.

dont use regex to parse HTML

Why not? Nearly all BBCode-parser work that way too.

"The idea is not to reinvent the wheel each time you depend on some new thing on the web but to reuse applications already in your computer.
Like for example they take from the unix philosophy to send media like videos to a video player you already have installed.
I particularly like this idea."

I WANT TO BELIEVE

stackoverflow.com/questions/1732348/regex-match-open-tags-except-xhtml-self-contained-tags/1732454#1732454

That's exaggerated imho. But using another parser is not a bad idea, suggestion github.com/lexborisov/myhtml

I think I get it now.

They aren't using regex for parsing or lexing, only for tokenization. Regular expressions can only be used to describe regular language. HTML and BBcode are not regular. Infact any language that similar to a langague where there are n opening brackets followed by n closing brackets isn't regular.

Plus even though modern regex with backtracking kinda gets around the fact that regex can't describe recursion, it isn't robust, very resource intensive and completely unnecessary. Regex should only be used for pattern matching EVER, no exceptions. Tokenize with regex, parse with a proper parser

>cient
holy shit

Hey guys, look at "surf", the suckless web browser. Is very lightweight and minimal. They have great ideas like using scripts to include stuff like bookmarks and autologin surf.suckless.org/files/

I am probably using this as a secondary browser but I think NetRunner can take a couple things from it. Is very similar to our goals.

Look at what you can do with Uzbl uzbl.org/wiki/scripts

im getting this error on macos sierra

>Library not loaded: LibGLEW
You sure have it installed?

POO

So what can this do so far? Can I browse Sup Forums? Is there an appchanx-like extension to make the interface not terrible? Do you have an open-source search engine?

Why do you want a search engine when you have surfraw?

I did not know about this, thanks for telling me.

u r saying wat u son of basterd bich

sir do the needful and install netrunner thank you

chrome shill is back

What's the best browser? Palemoon or Netrunner?

Right now? IceCat.

I don't think this is a good idea, something like lex + yacc would be better.

its in the folder and i've installed it with homebrew

You have to execute it from the directory that it's in and you have to pass a URL

Doesn't need to, it's included.

Is it compatible with Windows 10(tm)

>you have to pass a URL from command line

LMAO

It can browse Sup Forums without images. It can't make posts yet.

>tfw icecat mobile crashes

First time I hear it happens, I got it on my Nexus and works flawlessly.

Take this

-/gd/

it works on Windows 7 with the VC2017 runtime. Though I've heard people have problems finding the DLLs for Windows 10

Nice

It should work. Grab prerequisites from netrunner.cc

>raysis logo

Good luck trying to find anyone to contribute.

> ntr
> Sup Forums browser
It's like "/fag/ - friendly Apple general".

8/6-10 Progress report

If you haven't been following along on our YouTube Channel: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q or Twitter @Team_NetRunner here's the latest:

- Input box can take input when selected
- Input box scrolls text when it hits width
- Iframe document widget created and logic for page scrolling is moved inside (tabbed browser is likely by the end of the month)
- moved anime girl from source to external file (pnm unsupported P8 RGBA)
- refactoring opengl bits out of the components, so we can work towards a framebuffer solution
- We now have a working address bar (forward/back buttons likely next week)

The iframe refactor has broken resizing and made the scroll choppy, so I'm not releasing any new binaries until we're back on par with the existing releases. You're always welcome to compile your own.

I love it, sunglasses are so cool.

Holy shit, is this a dream?

What language is netrunner using?

C++

Ebin

I'm legit waiting on this to become a usable browser. How long do you think that will take? Can you do it within like a year or two do you think?

It keeps closing all my tabs.

This pleases me.
Good work, keep it up~

Least toxic OP comment on Sup Forums (probability 4.0847793%) according to Google's Perspective API

You'll probably be able to view very simple webpages, but I doubt it will ever support standards to the extent of existing modern browsers.

If I can browse Sup Forums and stackoverflow I don't care about (((modern web)))

Can you stretch it from side to side and invert colors or maybe green on black background? Like the command line look in dwb, is less visual bloat.

>HTML and regex go together like love, marriage, and ritual infanticide.
So it's used on Hillary's campaign website?

Uzbl is super double ultra deprecated.
>Gtk2
>Webkit1.x
Use Qutebrowser instead.

elaborate my friend

Ultra kek

Follow the arrows.

Trying to run on Arch, the linux binary from netrunner.cc/ and I get this

./netrunner: error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libglew 2.1-0-1 is installed

Neat

It'll be theme/skinnable. It's going to look like mosaic until someone builds a config parser.

install 2.0 or recompile for 2.1

Is the url bar, can you make it configurable like dmenu where you can change colors and stuff? So everyone is happy with they preference.

Until we have a theme engine and config parser the application can't be skinned

Ok, looking forward to it.

not working for windows 10

did you install go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746571

Cool browser.
Can I remove the anime girl?

>libGLEW.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file
>libglew 2.1-0-1 is installed
gee I wonder what the problem is

now it cant find vcruntime something or other

No

Right you have the 32 bit 2017 redistributable installed. If that didnt fix it. Try 2013.

I'll update the site as soon as I find out what's required to get it running on a clean install of windows 10.

>downloading a browser that some Sup Forumsoober probably designed to steal personal information

ntr looks like it just came out of the fucking 90s on dialup

O P E N S O U R C E
P
E
N

S
O
U
R
C
E

>./netrunner: error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Are you telling me that I have to downgrade to run this thing?

You made a web browser? How impressive....

This is a from scratch rendering engine.

Next version

Yes if you want to use the premade binary package, 2.1 came out like 10 days ago. Or you can recompile.

Where's the solus version bruhs

The 'next' branch of uzbl uses GTK3/WebKit2.

no it's not, it's a pajeetware pile of crap that uses spaghetti code like this:
to parse html

please stop embarrassing yourself

Cool

Don't work on my windows partition, will try on linux latter.

I've seen that before

just checked, yep, you're missing Microsoft Visual Studio, more specifically, a library file provided by it.

>French people on the internet

>official Sup Forums browser
But most of Sup Forums already hates it.

>ree I am too Sup Forums to run old software
>uses binary instead of compiling it

??? kys

>blaming your shitty software on other people

Stop shilling your failure.

Nice rice. Nice minimul browser. I wrote a similar solution on my end. Took me about an hour to implement everything I wanted in it and it's already more developed than Netrunner will ever be.

Any repo where I can check your work ?
I'm curious about those

move over, mozilla

Give it vimperator style binds and no other way to use it

it's completely normal for binary packages to be updated slower than their dependencies, expecially when it's such a small project. this has nothing to do with shitty software, it's just that you expect something done for you which you could do yourself because you're an entitled millenial thinking everything in the world is made for you

Will it run on rust?

REMINDER

blog.tox.im/2016/04/01/litigation/

Don't be naive like they were. Always be on guard.

We are making a web browser!

>VB

What do you mean

That the NSA will steal netrunner's brand to make their own botnet?

they will try to poison the well and turn developers against each other

So, NetRunner is just a xcode drag and drop app using webkit?

That's what the picture implies.

This is probably bait, but I still have to ask, how does the picture imply that? Can you actually get rendering this bad using webkit without trying to break it on purpose?