no edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Other urls found in this thread:

gskill.com/en/product/ripjaws-km780r-rgb--cherry-mx-rgb-brown
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1757
aliexpress.com/store/product/.../1806079_32810982138.html
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/recommendedsellers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what makes mechanical keyboards so satisfying to use?

No mush.

Even in browns.

>memechanical memeboards

is this a joke? must be a joke...

Mainstream 96 keys that aren't rubber domes when?

Analog optical switch keyboards when? Like wooting one, but nicer, and cheaper.

I don't joke nice trips.

Sauce?

They've been here since the 90s. No body uses them since they aren't very good. Also the wooting isn't actually analog

Filename

The sound / feeling when you type.

hello

Hi.
How are you, user?

Thanks. I really like that layout.

What I love about being allowed to use my Model M at work is that I can fucking type away to draw out people trying to knock, and ask me stupid fucking questions.
>Sorry, cant hear ya
and the smug superiority

As far as 96 key keyboards go that one is my favorite simply for the case. The RS96 is pretty close, but it doesn't have the cut outs for the RGB underglow, unless you pay double the price. The ZZ96 is also pretty good, but I don't like the back of the case.

Race 3 is decent if you're fine with DSA profile keycaps, and of course there's the problem with the non-standard esc and del key. If you can get past that, it's a decent keyboard. I usually recommend Cherry profile, so I think boards like the Tada68 and KBD75 are better.

What? All RS96's have RGB underglow. The standard case just has a frosted translucent acrylic sheet all along the bottom, while the deluxe case limits it to the back and part of the sides.

Which 60% is the best: Filco, Ducky, Century, other?

Should I replace my POM with PBT?

Post alps

Why are all mechanical keyboards look so bland? Why don't they make edgy looking keyboards with mechanical switches? I don't want to use a boring keyboard.

Buy a razer faggot

>Why don't they make edgy looking keyboards with mechanical switches
Have you even tried looking for this?
Because plenty exist.

RGB alone is not edgy at all. I'm talking about something like the Ravcore Valvravn.

>Ravcore Valvravn
Go to amazon and just search "mechanical keyboard"
You will find plenty like this.

You have awful aesthetic sense

Anyway, this close enough?
gskill.com/en/product/ripjaws-km780r-rgb--cherry-mx-rgb-brown

How is that close? It has a slight slated hand holder and that's it.
I also admit I have terrible aesthetic sense, that wasn't the point.

Please show me something with this design. I dare you. It's a fucking battleaxe.

What a waste of quints.
I'm going to amazon right now to search "mechanical keyboard" like I said.

>there are people who think that looks good
i can't even muster a witty reply i'm honestly at a loss for words

Me again Look at all this shit I found.

Masterkeys Pro M

Now that's what I'm talking about! That Aula one is beautiful. Thanks a lot.

Remember, people who play twitch shooters are literally giving themselves brain damage by neglecting the critical thinking areas of the brain to an excessive degree, it only makes sense they'd lose any sense of aesthetics too.

this theory is probably bullshit but wow does it make sense

There is only one study on it thus far, but the conclusion is sound enough. The human brain really is a use it or lose it situation.

>The human brain really is a use it or lose it situation.
i post on Sup Forums so i can confirm

>tfw used to be naturally talented and intelligent
>now a lethargic depressed mess with severe memory issues
This is a thread about keyboards, let's get back on topic haha

Haha...

LEWD

Previous

Find me the most expensive keyboard and i will buy it

Yeah... Sure thing.
Now, I'll brb, I need to fucking purge my search history so Amazon never shows me this shit again.
Isn't pom supposed to be better than PBT?

>not full ANSI
DROPPED

How are bluetooth keyboards when it comes to input lag?

shit

Thoughts?
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1757

it's fine

You have godawful taste in music, m8. If it can even be called that.

Lewd? They peeled off her fucking skin, man!

>Cherry Mx brown

How do Cherry Silver switches feel? Do they actually feel shallow when you're using them or just if you compare them to a standard key in the moment?

I currently have a Pok3r but I'm in need of a keyboard with dedicated arrow keys.

Is the Tada/Saber68 good? I'm coming from Cherry blues, are Gateron blues better or the same? Should I go for MOD switches?

Help me user...

the way it looks

about to pull the trigger, lads

Silly question but is it safe to carry my mechanical keyboard in my bag for transportation? I don't have any hard case and I don't know if the keys could be damaged if it's just inside the bag, though there are no hard objects that it could bump against.

That Russian one with OLED screens on every key

Tada is great. Gat blues are great also, but apparently wobblier than cherry.

MODs are a meme, just get gat browns (unless you REALLY want meme tactility, but if you've been using cherry blues you probably don't). Yes, gateron browns are actually properly tactile, like a blue without the click, unlike cherry's piece of shit.

>this nigger always posting pictures of his pristine keycaps and his pristine guns

Bro, do you even type, or shoot?

>mechanicalkeyboars dot com
>switches ratings (considering only those with more than a few dozen ratings)
>gaming: cherry red, cherry brown
>typing: buckling spring, cherry blue
>universal: cherry brown, cherry blue

Why the distinction between typing and gaming? What do they even mean with "gaming"?

What makes the blue worse than browns for gaming, but better for typing?

The brown switches seem the most appreciated, but I tried them and they feel like there's sand between the slider and the casing. Do blue feel the same?

>Why the distinction between typing and gaming? What do they even mean with "gaming"?
If you mental age is above 15 vs under 15.

this thread should be pinned

So, i bought a Ducky One Cherry Red Switch for around 80 US dollars.

Do you want a sticker?

Agreed

You misspelled pruned.

I want a filco majestouch with cherry speed silver.

Fine. What about the rest?

What is your mental age?

can you eat that?

Fake enjoyPBT is now on sale.
aliexpress.com/store/product/.../1806079_32810982138.html

What kind of keyboard would a young Donald Trump use?

An IBM 5110

he doesn't use a computer. clinton could of learned a few things

Are you sure it's not just actual enjoypbt?

Are Cherry MX Brown switches a meme? I don't want a clicky noise but I want a nice tactile bump

Usually when people talk about a switch for gaming they want linear switches so their key presses are as fast and accurate as possible, which is also why stuff like speed switches exist. I've heard people have issues with blues sort of registering incorrectly when people try to quickly actuate a key twice.
Blues are supposed to be better for typing because of all the feedback they provide, both auditory and physically. I don't really think it makes a difference.

MX Browns are also confirmed awful, the bump is too small and they feel like dirty linears. If you want tactile, try MX Clears or MODs. If you want smooth try Gateron Clear or Outemu Purple. If you want both prepare to drop a lot of money on Zealios or spend some time with lube.

If you want a tactile bump then cherry mx browns are exactly what you don't need. Get Gateron browns or Cherry clears

have you seen the new kailh switches? they look promising and very stable

Bump

Enough to not fall for shit marketing targeted at underages. I'm just trying to figure out what I should buy on the basis of actual value per price.

Fuck, all the keyboards I find on amazon are gaming shit marketed at gaymers, and nothing inside EU seems to have switches that are not Cherry MX Brown or Blue, or even Red. I've found a few with Topre, but fuck me those things are more expensive than half my PC.

I was debating cherry clears, why not them? I thought they had no sound either

>Ducky One non backlit with greens is still out of stock

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/recommendedsellers
Check European resellers
MX Browns suck get clears or Gateron browns

No idea. Doesn't POM feel different than PBT? Like abs but without the shine

why do you not like browns? because of how easy they are to push?

>accurate
How do you inaccurately press a key

Because they feel like shit, they aren't smooth like butter, and they aren't tactile at all. The whole "Jack of all trades" is bullshit since it sucks as a whole. Even me old Logitech k120 felt better to type on then browns

good luck getting any of these fucks to properly explain why they don't like browns..

see

The thing is in moderation. Code too much and one day you will be in the run from CIA niggers. The true way is to play twitch shooters to hone reflexes and quick thinking, write code to improve logic and problem solving and socialize on Sup Forums to expand your knowledge and satisfy social needs.

This

Opinions please. I have same issue

>socialize on Sup Forums

holy shit this is the worst idea ever

a couple of days ago i made a post whining about the corsair strafe. corsair came though and provided info on fixing the problem. i still feel like i want to hop on a ducky shine 6 with reds. should i? i game a lot. almost too much. i do some programming on the side.

Will blue fuck me in games where i have to repeatedly press a key very fast?

He meant stuff that require quick multiple presses. It can be a problem since switch is activated midway and tactile bump is felt before it. So it might be taps on a key that is defacto held or released.

so it all basically boils down to "muh feelans" and no objective measure. Browns have a soft d tent feeling to them but they hardly feel terrible to type with.

Got an aukey kmg3 for my first mechanical keyboard. Howd I do?

If you play rhythm games then maybe.If you think mechanical keyboard will make you a better gaymer or typist then you fell for the placebo. With cherry blues double tapping isn't that much of an issue since you can still actuate the switch again before the slider has returned to its original position. People like reds for double tapping since you can hover around the actuation point and quickly move up and down

what do you mean by soft d tent feeling?? Thinking about grabbing a cherry mx brown ducky one

>machanical keyboards
>basically boils down to "muh feelans"
Yeah that's literally the whole point.