Who /works at a major tech company/ here?

who /works at a major tech company/ here?

Microsoft sys eng and Project manager. AMA.

What's your favorite street to shit on?

fuck you

Here's the situation:
You have no loo and you must poo.
What do you do?

FB > GOOG > AMZN > MSFT :^)

>oh no, no no no, not gut not gut

>working for a FAG company instead of a startup giving you 1m a year in stock options

What kind of curry do you prefer?

Is win10 worse than Vista or Me? I think so because instead of wasting cpu and ram not only on useless tasks, botnet steals the shit out of it

Better to get 100K in stock in a company that will still be around when you want to sell it.

Why aren't you actively subverting your company?

because my job is fun and i'm making 6 figures at 20?

Army Deputy S-6. AMA.

Sort of, I work at VMware.

So just get a new job

don't VMWare engineers make a dumb amount of money?

effort

Stock options are just a way to con young people out of a decent salary. The probability of your startup actually making you any money through your stock options is so low you might as well just gamble your salary.

seattle is nice

Seattle is a shithole. At least MS and Google are on the right side of the lake.

How much of a clusterfuck is the windows codebase?

I do.

If shitposting counts as a job and Sup Forums counts as a major tech company, that is.

I make a little under $90k, you can make up to like $200k though

where (physical location) do you work?

Do you work for Amazon?

yup
google is building a huge new campus in south lake union

Does UPS count? We have Orion (On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation)

Too bad it's shit

MA

Do you work with soufflé by any chance? I know they use soufflé somewhere for AWS.

Go to hell. I really mean it.

This is immoral. I would rather not work.

Oh shit son are you in Boston? I'm in northern MA myself

angry poorfags please leave

nope never heard of it sorry

I'm in Cambridge myself

Oh shit son are you in Boston? I'm in northern MA myself

Nice, how's rent in that area? I'm based out of Bedford and its still crazy expensive. What do you do at vmware?

Is google or fb worth working for with all the sjw bullshit I keep reading about?

yes

Is it easy to just not talk politics?

Are they going to overlook my straight white male everything?

yes nobody fucking talks about politics all the time. I have literally not once discussed my views with another person at this job before

I work for Google

It's very easy to be a rational person and not talk politics yes

Shit's expensive as hell in the city, $2k+ if you don't want to be cramped into some shitty studio. I've been considering moving, but it is convenient. I'm a system engineer and I work mainly with vSphere

Just work at a remote office that isn't in SJWland and filter out emails from anyone above your direct manager or targeted to a mailing list over 20 people.

Worked for Oracle and IBM. They both sucked, now I work for a company in the finance sector instead for better pay and conditions.

>Just work at a remote office that isn't in SJWland

Not really possible at Google. All the offices are in major cities, so they're all really liberal. Also Google doesn't allow you to work on a team where the rest of the team is in a different office. Your team has to be in your office. It encourages the stupid strategy of making the bay area offices even larger.

Intel, Social Media Engineer

That being said it's easy to not talk politics even in sjwland.

Basically when you see tampons in the mens room can you refrain from saying anything at lunch? If so you'll be fine.

They have offices in Japan and Corea.

Can you speak Japanese or Korean you weeb fag

>most Sup Forums users are elite silicon valley programmers making 200k+
>meanwhile I'm a blue collar loser working at some greasy oil refinery

Who else /poor loser/ here?

I actually am N1 certified in Japanese, though you don't need anything more than basic knowledge as all internal company communication is in English.

I don't even have a job.

unemployed. My rig is known as the frankencomputer because it's all old shit from craigslist or otherwise given to me.

Being poor but autistically into technology is hard.

Inner office communication is in the local language. Only when talking to other offices is it in English.

Also good luck living in a country where you don't speak or read the language.

Also also Google pays market rate, which in Tokyo sucks ass.

Still higher than what Joe's Furniture Shop will pay you to maintain their website in bumfuck Kansas.

Not after you shell out all your shekels for a microapartment in Tokyo's horrible housing market

kek have a (You)

Immoral pigfucker please GTFO

Tell me how to get your job

im very white

Fellow comrade here, but another part of the world

Greetings from Studio B. I've been in Fargo for a bit. When did the Spitfire go away? Not a fan of the Boardwalk. Food kinda sucks.

Microsoft SDET. Get 6 figures to write powershell scripts remedies for SCOM, automate Hyper-V, and play Xbox.

>SDET
doesn't count lal

>tfw no other FB engineers here
:(

How do you figure that?

iunno at my company test engineers are considered to be bellow regular WEs

I follow. SDET is largely a dead end here as well, but I have an OPS background, have spent enough time in Office365 and Azure, and currently enjoy playing Xbox between tearing them apart and running test sequences.

At this point I can retire if my position goes away, so there's not really any down side for me.

Who here /boa/?

My dad

How's the weather there? Getting hotter?

>A bunch of php/js code monkeys, a bit of statisticians and system engineers
>Major tech company

Nvidia, Intel, Cisco are tech companies.

How far is the designated shitting street from the HQ?

ouch my f-feelings :( what am i gonna do now that you've insulted my employer?!?!?!?!

>>most Sup Forums users are elite silicon valley programmers making 200k+

>implying

>company that influences millions of people
>not major because of its simplicity

Me ama

that is not a major tech company u silly fruit

kek

Working student job at fraunhofer iis
We made .mp3 possible
pls dont hate

software consultant here, feels good man

Gott i hate you fags.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Lot of companies run older versions of our software, pic related is what I work on implementing/supporting.

who here /not working/

>Proud of being a literal SAP

LMAO

>Being proud that you work at the Walmart/McDonalds of tech companies.
You're basically a fry-cook.

What's the best/easiest way to get an interview from one of these companies?
I'm a CS student and my grades aren't amazing (they're not terrible either).

Get some experience elsewhere then apply later in your career. Most of them hire very few new grads compared to exerienced folks.

Pay is very good and they treat employees pretty well.

Give me this YOBA now!

Work at a large company. So large that it would make a big difference if it were to go away. It's not (known as) a tech company, but our bread and butter is software.
Been wanting to get into a tech company. How do? Is shit like "How to crack the Google interview" any good? Is working in those places just a meme?
Currently, I have a pretty good, relaxed work-life balance, I'd rather not trade that away for big dick CS points.

Depends on the team/department and the company. I interviewed for an openstack job at Cisco when they were trying to create their own public cloud infra and the guy said they were working 80 hour weeks. Fuck. That. I work for a different big tech company now I only work 40-45 hours a week.