/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-569-Closed-Headset/dp/B01L1IIF1A
my.mixtape.moe/caiqic.flac
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_I.pdf
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_II.pdf
innerfidelity.com/headphone-measurements
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

glomf

ching

>Atleast they are handmade

Please no bully

marshall major any good?

What's the difference between the MDR-7506 and MDR-V6?

I finally bought these. Have I fallen for the meme?

no

yes, no subbass, veiled, enjoy. At lest you will get most of you money back when you sell them and buy something better.

The HD 600 are very good headphones. I prefer them over the DT 880. The veil is a meme, the weak subbass is only perceptible in some electronic recordings, real bass instruments doesn't get that low.

I'm so tired of all these shitposters fighting if it is the best or the worst headphones in the world. In every thread posting the same shit, they must be so sad. The HD 600 are great in its price point, and that's all.

People pay $100+ for this?

How are Meze 12 Classics? Are they a fashion meme?

Is planar headphones really worth it when I have the HD6XX coming in december?

Particulary the Monoprice M506

>Budget
~$100
>Location
eu
>Source
pc
>Type of headphone
full size
>Open or closed
closed, noise isolation is a paramount
>Comfort level
also important, gonna wear them for up to 10 hours at once
>Sound signature
i will be listening to people talking, sometimes recordings of low quality
>Past headphones
entry level sennheisers

No, put the money towards an amp+dac or something.

Already have one, just hearing about planar being unique in sound is enticing me

>real bass instruments don't go that low
>bass guitars lowest note is at 40hz
Yes, get the m1060. You'll probably end up selling the meme600s when you realize how bad they distort low frequencies that they produce (pic related)

>Tripfag
Opinions disregarded

>Sniffing your own farts as an user.
>The lowest note on a bass guitar is 40hz
>That's an "opinion"

Are you fucking retarded?

He's right though.

It doesn't matter, Tripfag opinions are discarded even if they're right.

It's not "unique" it's more accurate. Less distortion, better impulse response.

what is a nice headphone that dosen't wear out my hair after a long day and make me look like a balding old man?

You should go there if you like tripfags so much.

Those weren't opinions though. The hd600s lack bass and what bass they do put out is usually at a very high thd (4%).

The lowest note on a bass guitar is also 40hz.

Please learn the difference between fact and opinion.

I don't like tripfags but nothing he said was an opinion or wrong.

And you listen to music where they are playing only the lowest note of the bass guitar all the time. I own these headphones and I can tell they are great for the price. Stop being so pitiful, spending all day in these threads arguing with everyone. No one takes you seriously already.

I'm not saying the HD 600 are the best headphones in the world, but they are great at their price point. What are the "much better" alternatives? I'm pretty sure you didn't even heard most of the headphones you are discussing about.

>wood meme
parts look just like my a4tech shit at the price of 1000%

>bass rolls off at 100hz
It's a bass guitar. There's a lot going on between 40-100hz. Also
>Kick drum
>Synth
>Downtuned guitar (lowest note on a standard tuned guitar is 70hz)
>Piano (low as 27.5hz and 30% of keys fall below 100hz)

>Stop being so pitiful
Yeah I'm so pitiful convincing people to not buy a shitty headphone solely recommended by weebs in a blanket manner.
>Alternatives
M1060 he-400i or s. Actual bass is important especially with low distortion (inb4 meme article huurr more is bettur)

>No one takes me seriously
I'm sure that's why there's an entire collection of shitposts that are spammed every thread against me, and more people take my advice than most of the shillheiser spergs on this thread.

>Being this fucking mad your headphones are shit
>This level of buyers remorse

Vmoda crossfade 2 wireless any good?
Have m-100s but looking for something a bit more portable.

Lowest note on a 4 string bass guitar in standard tuning is the E1 at 41.20 hz, true. However, it's not at all rare to have the lowest note be B0 at 30.87 hz (standard 5 string) or A0 at 27.50 hz.
Lower is of course possible but it's rarer and starts to sound like shit.

Sup /hpg/ - Any recommendations for wireless headphones or are they all just bad in general? Pretty much just want to move around the house and lie in bed listening to music wireless.

My budget is roughly $200, but can go higher if needed.

I don't think my headphones are shit. I bought them knowing I could return them without any worries if they were worse than the Beyerdynamic DT 880. But I loved them from the start.

Maybe in your country the M1060 and the HE400i are in the same price point than the HD 600. Sadly, where I live the M1060 is not even available, and the HE400i is almost twice the price than the HD 600 (275€ vs 500€).

Probably you are right saying the M1060 and the HE400i are better alternatives, but given this large price difference, I'm pretty sure the HD 600 is still a great choice.

Then my apologies for being mean because I live in burgerland.

Babby ascending from shitty gaming headset. Just bought the blue snow microphone, now looking for a headset.

My budget is £200, thinking of buying Sennheiser HD 569 amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-569-Closed-Headset/dp/B01L1IIF1A

But before I do, any of recommendations around my budget?

Looking to get a new wireless headset and don't really have a good idea on whats in the god tier/great tier that I should consider getting.

Purchase info from the pastebin

>Location
Australia

>Budget
Up to about $400 AUD, but if there is a lower priced headset that performs better/on par with high end ones I'd defiantly consider it.

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Full size

>Open or closed
Closed preferred.

>Comfort level
Imperative. Something I can wear all day. (which maybe a stretch with wireless. I don't know, never owed a set)

>Sound signature
Good for gaming.

>Past headphones
Corsair Vengeance 1500, my current headphones

Just going off some reviews of different head sets would any in the pic be a good choice?

The only ones I've seen rec'd in /hpg/ are the ones by HyperX, I personally wouldn't use any of them

HyperX make a wireless headset? All the ones I've seen have been wired.

No clue, I just know that they're all shit

You mean the melanin hump ends at 100hz. The actual "roll off" point is at 30hz.

Is that distortion partly due to the semi-porous annulus over the driver grill?

Hey my guys, I need replacement pads for my MDR-7506. I was told to get the Auray Genuine pads, but which ones are better, velour or leather?

Most of the time I use my phones for several hours. Which ones would be better for hot weather? My ears sweat a lot during summer.

Would also appreciate other recommendations, if there are better options.

Every day I come here, and the same people are jerking each other off to frequency response measurements. Why not just enjoy the music for a change?

my.mixtape.moe/caiqic.flac

velours won't be as hot as (p)leather. using the beyerdynamic edt 250v on mine, can wear them all day without any comfort issues. they're slightly stiff and won't crush down, though, so you may have to adjust your clamp.

Aren't the auray ones made with real leather? Wouldn't that be different from pleather?

i think the auray's are sheepskin? they should be super soft and give you the best comfort of the three but won't be the coolest.

So I absolutely go velour if I don't wanna sweat as much? I don't mind comfort as long as they're not worse than the stock ones, they were fine until they started ripping.

yeah, velours should work best in that case, and definitely better than stock.

>Atleast they have heat

>usb input
>rca output
>dac chip
>just enough components to make it all work
less stuff between you and your music is preferable

O2 Amp or monoprice desktop amp?

I already have a Modi DAC but my magni amp died and I feel like branching out.

I can get the monoprice desktop amp/DAC for $73. Or the O2 Amp for $106.

Headphones are AKG K712 pro, HD 6xx (HD650), and Denon AH-D2000

With O2 amp you put rechargeable battery inside it and bring it wherever you want without using power supply.

Spare me, I'm a perma-loner. I leave the house for work. Besides that I'm at my desk at home. Portability isn't a concern, if the monoprice desktop amp is shit compared to the O2 I'd get the O2, but batteries have no bearing on my decision here.

ath-m50
make sure to do the cotton ball mod, increases bass

what should i use to burn in my new earphones? new to this

your brain

>It doesn't matter
Then go back

Is it true that open back headphones provide better sound than closed back

Everything is subjective preference. "Better" has no meaning.

Somewhat. I generally prefer open headphones more, but there are closed headphones I would put above others

glomf

>Location
Canada

>Budget
~$350

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Full size

>Open or closed
Open

>Comfort level
As long as it's wearable

>Sound signature
Nothing too bright

>Past headphones
SHP9500S, DT880, Q701

What would be some headphones that compliment my setup?

Well you've got open headphones and semi-closed.

So unless you want more of the same you should probably look at sealed planar magnets (PM-3) or similar.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Kill yourself you poorfag

THD measurements are not a reliable indicator of audibility:
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_I.pdf
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_II.pdf
> In our next paper we will show that .01% THD of one type of nonlinear system can be perceived as unacceptable while 10% THD in another example is perceived as inaudible. Even one of these simple examples is sufficient to invalidate THD as a viable metric for discussion of the perception of distortion. Furthermore, 1% THD is not at all the same as 1% IM, but we will show that neither correlates with subjective perception.
>These results supported the skepticism that THD and IMD metrics were poor predictor of subjective perception of sound quality ratings.

>More THD is better
Kek

How big is the difference between the Fulla 2 and Schiit Stack for HD600s? I'll mostly be using them for watching videos; is the Stack worth the difference?

How to know someone is a plebeian: they argue for less balanced headphones over more balanced headphones because "muh bass."

How to know someone is a plebeian: They unironically believe their headphone has no flaws

A Magni 2 will provide more volume. That's it. There is absolutely zero reason for you to get a Modi 2 because you already have a competent DAC in the Fulla 2. If you need more volume buy just a Magni 2 and use the Fulla 2 as your DAC.

No its the "why spend money on expensive headphones when you can buy insignia hedphones for 10$, they all sound the same". I hate em.

Budget?

Is the Monomeme 2legit2quit or meme? Seems like the M560 is better built, but the M1060 is better overall in terms of sound quality.

This would be my first Magnetic Planar Audiophile tier headphone.

It's a meme. Monoprice products in general tend to break very quickly and it is "harsh 5 kHz ringing: the headphone."

Fuck. I don't want to be a dynamic babby no mores ._.

The M560s are better built, but they are also on-ear headphones. The M1060s were where most of the complaints were targeted at, but it seems they have fixed most of the build issues with its second revision. If you baby them, you shouldn't have any trouble. They sound nice, but there are better planars out there.

He-400i are $249 on Amazon

If you can, buy them and spend time modding them. Otherwise, HE-400i. Hinges feel cheap, but babying them should do it.

They're also fucking terrible.

No. Bass is clean, but they are dark headphones, which may not be for everyone, but god damn, its bass is amazing.

Which planar headphone would you recommend, then?

That is an HE400, not an HE400i. It says so right on the .pdf.

Isn't the HE-4XX a much better proposition for the price. despite the wait?

Lol fuck off, you've never even listened to that graph

I wouldn't. I would recommend a Sennheiser HD600. Planar is a meme. All planar headphones have the ringing exhibited by albeit some to a lesser degree.

The veil is definitely there. Not enough bass or subbass with them for most modern genres though, which makes me wonder what music Sup Forums listens to?

Meh, if you can wait go ahead. But the $249 price is basically as low as they get and they've been upwards of $330 not too long ago.

It's an HE-400i, user. Take a look for yourself.

innerfidelity.com/headphone-measurements

I listen to 90% classical, sounds like they're fine for me

>HD 600
>Weak bass
>Recessed treble
>Narrow-as-fuck soundstage
I fucking knew it! You haven't even listened to the HE-400i and M1060/M560, have you?

Not him, but I would certainly advise against Monoprice and Hifiman products, both of which possess notoriously poor build quality. Hifiman is also notorious for extremely poor customer service. The purpose of Chinkshit is to provide sub-$100 products to poorfags. Paying more than $100 for Chinkshit is flat out retarded. You get what you pay for, and when you buy expensive Chinkshit you get an expensive paperweight in time.

When the non-chink shit is $800+ there aren't too many decent alternatives.

>Fine
As with other headphones until you upgrade, no?

We clearly cannot assume what headphone that measurement is of. It says HE-400 on the measurement itself and HE-400i on the link to it. One of the two is a typo and we have no way of knowing which one. Intentionally posting an image of the measurement instead of the .pdf was intentionally misleading. Why would you intentionally attempt to mislead a consumer, user?

They are damn similar to the HE-400is. I'd listen to ; they are basically a less refined HE-400i, but do what you want