MacOS General

Name the top 10 applications you use
Name the top 10 terminal commands you use
Name the top 10 keyboard shortcuts you use

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tunnels/macOS-Software-Guide
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

homosexual

this, fpbp

>Name the top 10 applications you use
No

>Name the top 10 terminal commands you use
No

>Name the top 10 keyboard shortcuts you use
No

How about we have a real general, instead of this bullshit?

exactly. let's make a /friendly apple general/, or /fag/

I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw this.

Why even reply? If you don't want to contribute to this thread then don't... go make another thread of your own liking. Stop ruining this for everyone who wants to actually get involved!

>Why even reply?
To tell you that your thread is shit.

>Stop ruining this for everyone who wants to actually get involved!
Make me.

"Hide thread"

Hmmm...... no.

Safari, Textedit, iTunes, dashboard, transmission, MPlayerX, TeXLive, Terminal, Unarchiver, iBooks.

cd ls latex dvipdf cat man diff less sage shasum

shortcuts? Do you mean the media player keys and the dashboard key?

alt-cmd-esc fn-backspace cmd-s cmd-a cmd-w cmd-f cmd-q (in selected apps)

we shouldn't have to hide every new homosexual apple thread. how about just stop posting them?

>fn-backspace
what's it like taking it up the ass from a company that gives 0 shits about usability?

>lol mac is bad Im so funny hahaha do I fit in yet Sup Forums

I posted yesterday but no replies and thread died so I'll repost

Keka for unarchiving and Transmission for torrents. any other recommendations for must have apps?

Currently playing GOG version of Fallout1

Latest MBP

I'm and and I actually have a Mac, I just think "lol post yer ten favorite command line commands" is fucking useless and something only a ten year old would find interesting.

But Win + Space is pretty comfy for switching keyboards

it is bad, though

You're right but a real general never flys on here. Everyone just trolls it thinking they're the first to say "hurr mac is for fags." They're too cocked up on spending 1000 hours learning Arch but won't spend the 2 hours it takes to learn MacOS solely because of memes.

Best unix operating system there is

A thread died for your shitty thread, so I'm letting you know.

They would probably be inclined to post something more interesting if the fucking OP wasn't "Hello my name is Jason and I'm ten and a half years old, what are some good commands I can use in the terminal?"

Dropping the top 10 would probably be good but now you're just arguing semantics.

AppCleaner
The Unarchiver
Transmission
VLC

>MPlayerX
Hasn't this been packed with adware or malware for the past few years?

Nigga I'm too lazy for that, I'll just post some

I use bettertouchtool which nobody knows and that's why everyone hates macOS

I sometimes use Cog to play what iTunes doesn't

IINA for videos, mySIMBL for some customization, Little Snitch because the default firewall sucks ass, Pages because it's pretty good for simple shit and RetroArch Cg

>top 10
lad

/thread

I'm considering installing OSX on my ThinkPad, why should I?

if nothing else, you'll get really good at doing tech support on nonsupported hardware.

Can I use the mail app with cock.li emails?
Is there a C++ compiler available?

On a X220 you get a faulty touchpad and require a different, $10 wlan card. That's it. Tech support my ass.

Wechat and LINE for instant messaging, Spark for email, Touchbar piano for fun, Google photos backup, Da Vinci Resolve for video editing, Microsoft OneNote, Photoshop, Steam

what about imessage and facetime?

uuidgen and putting some numbers into clover configurator

that takes less than 5 minutes and a reboot if you know what you're doing

shit laptop + shit OS
it will be perfect

>homosexual
Only correct answer

>shit laptop
lmao

Where do you hide your dragon dildos?

cd
cd code
cd ..
cd ..
ls
cd ..

Photoshop, Premier, Screenflow, Handbrake, Wine, Chrome, Skype, and I have no idea what else off by heart
I don't use the terminal, so I have no idea. I know that sudo rm thing to fuck it up though desu
screenshot, selection screenshot, spotlight, and not a clue off by heart

>AppCleaner
lol

why are you on Sup Forums?

If Sup Forums can actually afford macbooks there'd be a lot less shitposts about it here

Speccy, guts, the occasional mac threads, and more
I don't into programming, but I like muh tegnologee

every company is getting shit on here, stop being such a snowflake faggot

damn right, Sup Forumsangstas will show a bitch no love.

>Name the top 10 applications you use
Safari, messages, spotify, mail, Terminal
>Name the top 10 terminal commands you use
cd, ls, cat, wget, brew, sudo, vim
>Name the top 10 keyboard shortcuts you use
⌘c, ⌘v, ⌘a, ⌘delete, ⌘space, ⌘1-5 for switching desktops.

MacOS is shit. the only thing it offers over El Capitan is emojis and autocorrect.

I like Siri and I think macOS has better performance

WINKEKS & LINTARDS BTFO!!!

I just captured this for my apple folder

>bettertouchtool

Thanks for this one, I just got my touchbar mac a month ago.

fpbp

First things I normally install on a new mac

>t. mactoddler

Who cares about Siri? Why would I want to talk to my computer when I don't even use it on my phone.

Came here to post this. Although I wish someone came in my ass instead...

-- posted from my Macbook Pro™

Wew, edgy

Yup, I use it with a 1st gen magic trackpad.

Everyone asks how come I'm using a desktop trackpad if that's shit. Thing is, it's not. I can have like 20 different gestures for everything without even losing the ability to use keyboard shortcuts anyways, which is what most people argue about.

pwned

iina is so fucking good and comfy. Use it if you aren't already.

>RetroArch CG

It sucks this is necessary. Basically none of the good GLSL shaders work and they've said that's where they're putting their primary focus into from here on out.

Do you even know who the CEO of Apple is?

I don't fucking understand it myself. Buildbot builds are broken and I didn't know how to compile the Cg version really, now I just open that Xcode file and archive it after getting some errors.

With that though it works perfectly and I can have my fucking crt-geom without curvature. I guess what they want is for people not to install the ancient Cg Toolkit but at least that fucking thing works.

>fagOS

Found your problem.

Is AppCleaner botnet?

Name the top 10 applications you use
Botnet.
Botnet.
Botnet.
Botnet.
Botnet.

Name the top 10 terminal commands you use
Botnet.
Botnet.
Botnet.
Botnet.
Botnet.

Name the top 10 keyboard shortcuts you use
Botnet.
Botnet.
Botnet.
Botnet.
Botnet.

Nah, it's been around since the PPC era and hasn't changed at all since then. I'm surprised it's still maintained at all tbqh.

On "fagOS" I can at least do that and it'll be fine.
On linux (tried on Kubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE and arch btw) I have two problems: No using Cg shaders and any GBA core causing some mad stuttering, even on KMS. That's some bullshit right there. Why the fuck is an i5 4460 with a 280x incapable of playing Metroid Zero Mission on a little window with shaders, might I ask?

On windows it runs perfect, but that's Windows. It's a gaming OS, nothing else.

Yes and what about it?

Sorry, without* shaders

Seriously, I don't understand what's the point of having "less input lag" in those awful conditions

Botnet.

>MPlayerX
>not iina
wtf

Fuck off back to .

They should really fucking fix the buildbot. It's been reported so many times and would seem to be an easy thing to do, but they just don't.

Hopefully they figure something out for the GLSL shit eventually, but it's obviously not a development focus for them. According to some of the stuff I've read, they need to request a higher GLSL version from macOS or it defaults to 1.20.

github.com/tunnels/macOS-Software-Guide

hasn't been updated in some time though

yes
yes
you fucking moron lmao

Back to mactoddlers.

Fuck off

>implying anyone on Sup Forums plays games from before 2013 which would be emulated via retroarch

>Can't come up with anything
>F-fuck off back to Sup Forums

OP can you post your wallpaper please?

Would you guys recommend me the 2017 macbook pro 13"? I'm about to sell my surface pro, microsoft doesn't know how to make computers, random shut offs, sometimes the fan starts going on, the keyboard touchpad sometimes stops and I've had to replace the charger twice because off the twink cable, tired off bad hardware I need shit that works all the time.

Looking to move to OSX to.

What I do :

- Lots off cycling, sometimes I take my pc with me so it must have good quality, no plastic shit
- Mountain camping, /cold temperatues)
- Needs to have a good batery life and screen for watching movies with the girl on our trips

Thanks /g from /fit

No

yeah but first, what os do you use?
if macos, post a screenshot

you hate yourself

OP can you post your wallpaper please?

Ubuntu, sorry lel

Yeah, based on what you're trying to do it will check the boxes. Aluminum will get cold as fuck if you're in cold weather though. Depending on how cold you're talking, it could be bad for the screen/battery, but that's true of any device with a screen and battery.

Back to mactoddlers.

No because you use shitnux
kek

You don't like technology on any level deeper than aesthetics.

Sounds like a pretty decent choice, but I wouldn't exactly call MacBook Pro's rugged. They're very well built for general use, but if you are going to be doing a bunch of outdoorsy stuff you might want to look into something specifically made for that use case scenario.

It would probably be fine, but maybe get a case or something for when you take it innawoods.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

(You)

I'm not talking with you, isn't this a mac thread? Stay out and don't troll me, go play video games or watch anime or whatever it is you do these days, mac owners pls advise.

>would you guys recommend X
I answered the question you asked, you autistic faggot. I guess you just wanted to hear people tell you to buy it.

It's not ice cold, just "wake up shaking cold because she forgot the patagonia layer" cold, already have some touchscreen gloves to, thanks man!

I know theres some rugged outdoorsy cases out there to, thanks!

This sounds like some obsessive copy paste pasta, there's a reason those laptops are so popular among the nat geo and north face photographers.. I think, you do you tough thanks for the advise.

You know exactly what you did, now fuck off.

???
What nonsense are you spouting

You didn't come here for advice, you came here already knowing you were going to buy one, just to waste people's time.

It's not a perfect laptop by any means, but I've liked it better than anything else I've owned and I've had Thinkpads, general Lenovo, HP shit(far and away the worst), and Dell stuff(XPS is bretty gud).

If you want one, give it a shot. Just be prepared to deal with the autistic shrieking on Sup Forums if you post about having one.