Case doesn't have an optical drive

>case doesn't have an optical drive

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/software-download/windows10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've used my optical drives like 2 times in the past 3 years, they aren't really needed anymore honestly.

>case doesn't have a floppy disk drive

get a usb one, you fucking faggot. nobody uses these anymore

>case doesn't have an AMD label

I've used my optical drive maybe 7 years ago for installing windows from OEM disk, never since.

>he still uses optical drives
laughingwhores.jpeg

but mine does user

>case has an optical drive
>it's not even plugged in
>ancient IDE can't connect to mobo
>leaving it because I lost the tower's drive bay cover

I still have one but I'll probably remove it to improve airflow once my new fan controller arrives.

I have an external drive. It's collecting dust in a drawer.

> his MoBo doesn't have ps2 connectors!

It's like you enjoy inferior technologies.

I didn't know Taylor Swift was left handed.

Holy shit. After all these years, I just noticed.

this

>his computer doesn't support punch cards
Get with the times.

Maybe that's how they teach girls to hold a gun with 2 hands. Makes sense really...use your stronger hand just for holding the grip.

>bend the index finger of your stronger hand and curl it behind the grip for no fucking reason
Yeah that's sensible. What the fuck are you talking about?

Oh, yeah?
Your mom's a whore.

That's her right thumb dumb ass.

>laggy usb polling
>instant hardware interrupt ps/2

where did everything go so wrong?

>Not reinstalling Windows every year for maximum performance

>case has an optical drive
what is this, 2003?

What is External USB Optical Hard Drive.

bought one along with my laptop over a year ago, use it once every two months maybe

Why would it need one? I'm not looking at my computer case.

I love cdroms. Very secure. You can write to it
and it is then read only. You can verify it with
a simple sha256sum /dev/cdrom and verify
the original iso. Very nice

I remember when I last tried to read a DVD.
Out of 2 laptops, 2 desktops and 3 old drives lying around all of them were broken and probably have been for ages we just didn't notice.

HELLO?
WHERE IS HEARING PROTECTION?

You reinstall install Windows from fucking disks?

usb ones suck

The only real reason you'd still have one is probably blurays at which point it's just nicer to have one of those slim USB ones.

least amount of bullshit to do, all I have to do is set dvd to main boot and whatever driver is in the computer to secondary

You do exactly that with a USB drive but install several times faster.

yea blu rays won't play on computers, had legit software to do it and everything, still won't play half of what I had, you get a blu ray player for playing video on pc you are fucking retarded.

>yea blu rays won't play on computers, had legit software to do it and everything

Mine do just fine. Sounds like you did something wrong, user. Quit acting like a little bitch because you're too stupid to play a movie.

yea, now follow this 200 step process to make the usb bootable, or I burn the disc and wait 10 minutes for the install...

look if you already know what you are doing to make an image bootable from usb, its probably faster for you, but none of the steps are simple when trying to figure it out on your own.

>now follow this 200 step process to make the usb bootable

The USB is made bootable automatically as you put the ISO on it with RUFUS.

>Plug in drive
>Click Rufus
>Click ISO
>Click start

>Put in disk
>Open whatever they use to burn ISOs nowadays
>Click ISO
>Click start

Same number of steps, one is massively slower.

The only one retarded here is you, since you can't click "Open disk" in your supposedly legitimate software or just install libbluray and use MPCHC/VLC

install and update software, but the die hard 25th anniversary

the 3 movies I give one fuck about on that thing all stay stuck on the anti piracy splash with no way to advance the movies at all.

teach me for paying for software and movies, at least they had a splash screen that told me exactly how to troubleshoot the problem.

Not many steps when MS offers you a tool to automatically download Windows and make a bootable USB with it with 2 clicks.
microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

trying to figure out how to make a usb3 installable usb stick for win 7 ultimate gave me 15 pages of 20+ steps per page to get that to work, yo much of a fucking hassle compared to burn iso, install iso.

I have never had one issue playing any bluray from my collection which ranges from early 2006 releases up to a 2017 pressing of Train of Busan.

Just did this 2 weeks ago for my new build, took 4 clicks from blank USB3 drive to bootable ISO

did that too afterwards, the blurays stick at 'can not open this type.

I have another bluray that's significantly older than the die hard ones that did work so I know it wasn't a complete fuck up on my end.

You're pretty bad at googling.

lucky you, when I contacted tech support for it, 'we no longer support that version, you need to upgrade' and there was no fucking way I was willing to pay 100$ for a new player after they fucked me on what I had.

install from burnt iso, takes no real time at all
install from usb, pain in the fucking dick...

hard to see the use there unless you don't have a dvd drive.

USB bootable installations take longer to create and fail more often than using discs..

>case has any labels