Long story short, I had +500 tabs open in my shitty win xp laptop browser, and a lot of them were really important stuff

Long story short, I had +500 tabs open in my shitty win xp laptop browser, and a lot of them were really important stuff

Computer freezes out, I reboot it and hit restore session, but only a fraction of the tabs I had open load properly, a lot of them got replaced with empty 'new tab' tabs

Im really bad with computers and this is not bait, I imagine Sup Forums is not here to fix every retard's problem, but nobody goes to /wsr/
what can I do to recover those tabs?
Some are really important to me

pic almost unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiWalk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why wouldn't you just bookmark this shit?

you could try looking in the history but that is going to take a long time

it is already bullshit large, I only bookmark certain stuff

Thought about it, but doesnt it only last about thirty days?

depending on how many of the tabs you browsed on they might still be in there

when I click on them, the tab loads for a bit, but nothing appears
seem like it is the same for all

>500+ tabs

What are you autistic/aspie/retarded?

I find a lot of interesting things in the internet
I usually don't have time to watch all of it, so I just leave the browser open

browsers usually start crashing when over 100 tabs are open

what the fuck op?

If you open more than 20-30 tabs you suffer from extreme ADHD/Autism/Down Syndrome, I'm sorry to say this but you don't deserve my help, friendo.

lol you deserved it

>what are bookmarks

I usually have ~2000-3000 tabs open at once, but not even I would try that on Win XP.

I don't believe for a second a shitty XP laptop could handle 500+ web browser tabs.

I wouldnt ask if it wasnt completely needed

The other option is taking my computer to a store, and risk some mofo finding something problematic on my computer

come on,I will share the interesting stuff I recover, I swear
for u

A bit off topic, but you should install the tree-style tabs addon. Much better tab management and browsing experience overall.

>500+ tabs open
>IMPORTANT STUUUFFF

There's no point of having that many tabs open at one time. Especially when one know's said computer is a [QUOTE]" shitty win xp laptop"[END QUOTE]. Dumbass

spam CTRL SHIFT T

Just look through your history and find what you want.

>he doesn't block adverts before opening 500 tabs

WHY DID MY COMPUTER CRASH GIUYS

I know I fucked up, but haven't you ever done stupid shit because you didnt pay attention?

There are no miracles, but there must be a way to recover some of them

>not paying attention for over 500 tabs worth of time

It's called "use your history and learn your lessons"

Out of curiosity, what, exactly, is so vital that you have to get this worked up over it? What, in particular will you be unable to find again?

just think of me as a digital hoarder

I get mad when I lost stuff I wanted to see later, I may not remember what exactly it was, but I remember that I really wanted to see it

literally just too much stuff to name it

this is good for you op. Forget it and be free.

You dirty hoarding piece shit. Hoarders are always the worst.

But you did recover >some

Ah, so "nothing" then.

Learn to download and save shit you want to read or watch. Keeping it open in a tab is fully retarded.

I think of you as a regular hoarder. Do you have to live in an unincorporated area because you are a foul piece of shit and no one wants to be around your feces stained collection of junk?

that's exactly what bookmarks are for

>just think of me as a digital hoarder
>I get mad when I lost stuff I wanted to see later, I may not remember what exactly it was, but I remember that I really wanted to see it
>literally just too much stuff to name it

i'm the same

>ten chrome windows on menubar
>a hundred tabs in each
>fifty Untitled - Notepad windows

Do you shit and piss in buckets?

nah I did save my piss in an 80 gallon drum for a year to make gunpowder tho

>i now have over 300 12 gauge brass shells loaded with gunpowder made from my own piss

>doesn't it only last thirty days
how fucking long was this machine up?

>2,000 TO 3,000 TABS
holy fucking jesus h christ why

all it takes is for you to bookmark or save the .txt file with all the links. Or just wget all the files and read them later.

I hope you get a power outage.

>I hope you get a power outage.
it happens sometimes but if I haven't managed to save something by then I call it a darwinian culling

Awesome. I wish I did cool things.

Start pissing in jugs and saving it in a drum. I skipped the step of making a nitrogen pit, because I didn't want to waste another fucking year trying to harvest urea out of straw and dirt (you basically have microbes doing the processing for you in the soil+straw), so I just boiled my piss down in the backyard over a propane burner and stainless kettle, then extracted the urea.

I hate my neighbors to begin with so the smell of hot piss filling the block was just a bonus.

Then I did a lot of chemistry nerd shit to turn the urea into ammonia and then the ammonia into nitric acid.

Cody?

My thoughts exactly.

No, he used the nitre bed method

Lesson learned.

/thread

You have ADD/ADHD. This is one of the symptoms.

I would regularly be sitting at several thousand tabs before I got my shit checked out.

>xp
>+500
>tabs
If they were really important to you, you would've bookmarked them.
I bet most of them were not even that important
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiWalk

a-a lot?

This may sound like sacrilege, but I never turn it off, I just put it on suspension until I wanna use it again

lol just neck yourself you fucking idiot

You should reboot from time to time, user.

Also, why the fuck are you running XP? You realize that shit hasn't been getting security fixes for years and is literally on infinite zero-day, right?

two reasons, nostalgia and being unsure of the benefits of newer versions

Also, you're right, my computer usage is terrible in many senses, just today I cleaned the laptop for the first time, shit was horrible

Restore session. Also, install a session manager add-on so it doesn't happen again.

Explain please? I usually have two chrome windows open with about 30ish tabs per window, the windows have different purposes. I have been called an autist before yet I am fine in social situations, I do however put on a front so I doubt it's the autism.

Elaborate please?

>7 was completely engineered under the hood. It actually runs better than XP.
>8 was supposed to be another rewrite of 7 but they totally fucked up and gave up at the last minute. So instead 8 is just kind of weird and not much better than 7. Also has a different interface that made a lot of people upset.
>10 is like a midpoint between 7 and 8 in terms of interface. It runs faster than the others but has higher requirements (seems to use more resources as well). Also sends Microsoft a ton of data which freaks everyone out (though you can disable a bunch of it, there's a bunch of things that Microsoft will always send unless you get clever with a firewall).

8.1 was better than 7, but by then the damage had been done

how do I do that?

I think I already restored the session, now youre making me doubt

thanks for the rundown guys. Eventually I'll have to use win 7, but I just don't like the transparent interface
shit reason, but it puts me off

ADHD is a symptomatic disorder meaning that they've got a list of symptoms that often appear together. If more than a certain number appear than they can justify giving you medication (as the pros outweigh the cons). There's speculation that ADHD is caused by a glitch in the brain's reward circuit and such but there's nothing super concrete yet (so there's no physiological/chemical test they can do to diagnose it, only psychological). Previously ADD and ADHD were classified as different disorders but now they're both just ADHD (but with two different presentations)

The thing with ADHD isn't that people can't focus in the sense that they are incapable of concentrating. Rather it's that they focus on far too many things. While they might be really engaged and interested in some thing it is easy for them to get distracted by something else that is also interesting and engaging. As such these people often have a lot of interests, a lot of hobbies, a lot of stuff going on. Unfortunately this also often means that nothing ever gets finished and they've got a huge backlog of unfinished things. This can be very detrimental to a person's livelihood.

There's lots of symptoms that are a variation of the above. For instance during a conversation an individual may be distracted by a stray thought and will stop paying attention to the conversation (possibly while still responding) only to later realize missed a bunch of important stuff. Similarly an individual giving an explanation may make too many segues and lose the point of the conversation itself.

Another interesting symptom is hyperfocus. Here an individual may get so sucked into an activity that they lose track of time and forget to eat. There's other symptoms like chronic lateness and messiness as well (specifically something about having stacks of things).

This user should get checked out too.

I should also add that the hyperactive presentation (standing up when not supposed to, being obnoxious, etc..) is what people usually think of when they hear about ADHD but the inattentive presentation (what I described above) is also really common. There's also lots of overlap and individuals vary a lot.

>I had +500 tabs open in my shitty win xp laptop
>Computer freezes out
your computer ran out of memory. keep a list of the links you have opened, bookmark whatever you can, use extensions to sort your shit, don't trust your browser with all that information

Thanks for the response. This is like looking into a mirror. I will go and get myself checked out.

Once again, thank you for highlighting this, it certainly resonates a lot with the way I am and my character/mind.

Bookmark your shit.

>2000-3000 tabs

Screencap or you're full of shit

>full retard
>spanish OS
like poetry

Take it as a sign from god. You were probably never going to look at them again anyway. Hoarding like that is really unhealthy.

I have ADD, so I can confirm that this user is right. You guys definitely need to talk to your doctor and see if you can get a prescription.

>10
>faster

>and nothing of value was lost

I liek Mudkips

You can turn off the transparant interface user.

>Long story short, I had +500 tabs open

well, I didn't know that actually, that is cool

desu, I don't think I have adhd, I'm just really curious about stuff, and I like to learn far diffrent things
The not being able to finish projects got me tho, that's a problem of mine, but I can keep focus just fine if I want

>but I can keep focus just fine if I want
The issue isn't an inability to focus but more like a compulsion to multi-task.

Underrated answer

download session buddy for next time

That would explain so fucking much...