Flips router over

>flips router over
>it crawls under the couch

>buying a NSA spider mine

Serious question. Is this router worth it?

Money is no object.

If money is no object than get a fortinet and a good access point

>is this thing's worth greater than or equal to the worth of x amount of money?
>the worth of x amount of money is zero

Do you intend to use it as a router?

no consumer router is worth it. 100% of them are, internally, cheap crap. The firmware is always full of ancient shit (seriously you can still find 2.6-series kernels in routers) thats full of holes and never updated.

>Money is no object
That's deep

What is good? Ubiquiti?

I have a Linksys WRT3200ACM and its absolute garbage for WiFi

You need to use actual guns to defeat this thing.
Energy weapons only make it stronger.

yeah get a dedicated wireless access point and then plug it into a pfsense box or something

dedicated access point? with what router? serious question

dedicated access point? with what router? serious question

I was going to recommend this as well. It's a good investment if you get a high-end one, or a few depending on the area you're trying to cover. I love the heatmap, personally.

It's just a Wireless access point, so you don't need a router but instead a cable modem plus that. They're POE, and combined with an access point the setup can last for years and are way cheaper and of higher quality than the regular all-in-one shit you get from most ISPs. This is the Sup Forumsentooman's setup.

Build your own router with pcie ethernet and wifi cards.

I want MU-MIMO 4x4 and all the bells and whistles, any suggestions? What do you personally use?

thanks man that's what I was looking for.

>not having an access point behind a firewall/router

Get a 5GHZ AC access point and upgrade it to the newest 802.11 standard that comes out at the time

use a pfsense or lede/openwrt box

bonus points: use a vlan'd switch for clients to offload the overhead and use wrt/pfsense to strictly handle firewalling and route permissions

this spreads your performance out to multiple devices and allow you to upgrade individual units

saves money in the long run and you get better suited hardware for the task

older hardware is then used in a disconnected lan for offline wiki and cached sites or a NAS

all in one routers are expensive and a waste and if one component fails or is glitchy you lose it all

this includes the shitty software

Ah yes, of course my sweet prince.

REMOV CYBRAN
E
M
O
V

C
Y
B
R
A
N

Even cooler about them, is that you can have multiple ones that /automagically/ become aware of each other and become active/passive depending on which one you're closer to. Its hard to go back to a pleb setup after you've had these.

What brands or models should I look into for a simple home setup?

Setup an access point with either Sophos or PFSense as your firewall/router.

Meraki is nice. Expensive, but nice. (I did that webinar-get-one-for-free deal)