HAVE TO RESTART GNOME-SHELL USING ALT+F2 'r' EVERY TIME IT HITS 300MIB RAM USAGE

>HAVE TO RESTART GNOME-SHELL USING ALT+F2 'r' EVERY TIME IT HITS 300MIB RAM USAGE
>GNOME DEVELOPERS WON'T FIX THE MEMORY LEAKS

such is the beauty and power of the C programming language

That's what you get for using C where is does not belong.
Use kde instead and embrace a powerful C++-based GUI

Windows shell only uses 30MiB of memory
>the power of freetards

wew summer
likely due to a few things. the push towards being hooked deep into systemd, the 'diversity inclusive' development environment, and the continued bloating of linux to keep up with muh mobile touch friendly GUIs

tldl install gentoo

>blaming C
>when GNOME literally uses Javascript and did Node.js before Node existed (it's called GJS)
>despite this, somehow GNOME still uses less memory than KDE, and is more stable than KDE

>2015+2
>Still using gnome
>Huge known problems
>Devs choose not to fix
>Not abandoning ship for a usable DE

>>GNOME DEVELOPERS WON'T FIX THE MEMORY LEAKS
Wasn't the whole point of open source is that anyone can fix bugs instead of waiting for the devs to release a patch?
FREETARDS BTFO
SUICIDE WATCH AND OTHER MEMES

This is actually why I'm switching to a minimal openbox debian build tomorrow.

I love dynamic workspaces and the general workflow of gnome shell, but man it is not a rock solid piece of software.

>300MiB

Sit down, kid. Mine's at 5GiB after only a week of no restarts.

Just increase your swap to 16G and call it a day.

I use KDE and love it, but I have to kill plasmashell every time it creeps up past 20 percent CPU usage due to temps.

>install KDE
>no terminal
>half of my programs are gone
>no internet connection

>5 hours later
>terminal is called konsole

Why.

Works on my machine.

Fuck you Lennart.

kek

I got tired of RAM raping GNOME and CPU guzzling KDE and got comfy with i3. It's the only rational choice until one of the two DE's fix their shit.

How easy is it to configure and make it work like you'd expect a DE to work, and will it constantly break from updates on a rolling release distro?

Just use the magic sysrq key

unity 8 doesn't have this problem

macOS doesnt have this problem

Honestly if you want a DE-like experience I'd go with openbox in instead. Standalone WMs are much much simpler and smaller than full DEs so fewer things can go wrong even on a rolling release.

That's actually disabled by default on some distros like Fedora.