/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320M-HDV/index.asp#Specification
amazon.com/GEREE-Transformer-Adjustable-Controller-Stablilizer/dp/B00O60R2D8/
link
cronw.sourceforge.net/
gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation
apc.com/shop/us/en/categories/power/uninterruptible-power-supply-ups-/computer-and-peripheral/back-ups/_/N-1nzwthz
youtu.be/edDmA_OEkpw
youtu.be/qXtXsUqhHiI
youtu.be/jzO-x51c6pQ
vocaroo.com/i/s1lHvcm0MkiH
vocaroo.com/i/s1uxqftdLbYT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just installed lineage 14 on my droid 4, everything is working flawlessly, except for some reason any file I attempt to download in Firefox fails. The downloads work in the built-in browser, but not Firefox. How do I fix this?

¿sdrawkcab egami taht si yhW

Check if Firefox has the correct storage permissions. It might not be allowed to save files to local storage.

What is the Sup Forums approved manga reader? Fast page loading (and maybe one long page per chapter option) would be nice.

Basicaly I live in a van and want to wire my memepad up to 12v without having to use an inverter to 120 and an AC adapter.

This guy was helpful enough to point out that think pads use 20v
What can I do to step up from my 12v battery to the 20v I need?

Does this motherboard have built in wifi?
asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320M-HDV/index.asp#Specification

No

Honeyview.

amazon.com/GEREE-Transformer-Adjustable-Controller-Stablilizer/dp/B00O60R2D8/

No, buy a good motherboard and a $5-10 Wifi adapter USB or $16 PCIe adapter.
Look for B350 motherboards.

Old Thinkpads use 20v, new ones use 12v, which one you got?

I want to try macOS on a 4K 27” monitor before i buy both the monitor and the laptop.
The 5K 27" iMac is not the same so i need to test it on a 4K monitor to see how it looks natively and scaled.
Can i test this in a store? Will someone at a Best Buy store for example allow me to hookup one of their MacBook Pros to a 4K monitor to test it? Any other ideas on how to do this?

Windows: Is there a script or something I can run that downloads the file at a link every 24 hours?

pic unrelated

RSS feed?

Lenovo's site didn't have one for your model?

You can use the "Task Scheduler".
You simply set up a task that runs at a specific time every day that executes a .bat script (or a link to a .bat script that starts in a specified directory)

Set up a Cron job that executes wget link daily.

>Windows
Cron was my first thought, but it's not Linux/BSD.

cronw.sourceforge.net/
gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm

Also mobaXterm has both and many more *nix utilities for windows including DD

The privacy protector was just doing it's job really well.

I don't think so
I think it's 2013. EG31

Searching Lenovo's site for "EG31" comes up blank. You really need to nail down what model you have, before doing anything else.

How can I launch gnome/mutter directly from the console via the wayland backend without GDM?

Similar to weston-launch or startx.

I have a not so legit windows 8 and the "Activate Windows" watermark is annoying. Any way to get rid of it it besides buying windows?0

>wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation

Mstoolkit is going to be what you want

Fuck off

Thanks. Will do. This thing is sucking up a lot of power it's making my inverter ding everytime I perform a function. This whole thing is not good :(

Download this:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FB59D3260575A6BFDE6880CE4FF8893D10F01B06
Run it.
Click the windows icon in the bottom.
Go to activaiton and click ez-activate.
Done.

How big of a UPS do I need to keep a computer that maxes out around 750w full usage powered on for 2-5 minutes so I have time to shut it down in case of a power outage?

I live in a house that has breakers up to the newest code and they trip all the time. Normally I wouldn't particularly give that many shits but if the power goes out while I'm using my Rift I have to completely wipe and reinstall my graphics card drivers to get it to work again which is a huge pain in the ass.

Cleanest, least-resource heavy PDF/epub/etc. viewer? As usual, the Sup Forums wiki won't load.

>Mac

Can you tell me why would need to do that?

Adobe reader XI.

Not DC, not the shit Adobe has been replacing everything with.

Good ol and simple XI.

Is there a way I can pull a txt file list of file names from a folder?

Have you verified this with a power meter?
The specs of the UPS should tell you how much run time you have at the rated wattage (you may have to visit the manufacturer's site for this info). You can up-rate proportionally to get the runtime you need.

Thanks. I downloaded it and am setting it up.

Is 11.0.01 fine, or should I look into a specific version?

What's a good guide for installing and using deem dream on Debian?

*deep

How would you validate a form in a situation where a user just uses the developer tools to change the value of a select option or something where they don't normally control the text input? I can't imagine you just have to cross reference it with the options you presented with every submit, that seems really inefficient.

apc.com/shop/us/en/categories/power/uninterruptible-power-supply-ups-/computer-and-peripheral/back-ups/_/N-1nzwthz
I reccomend the ones that look like this and not a secondary tower. I did some research myself and found this'll last 4-5 minutes and isn't as expensive as the tower ones.
Only problem I've heard from some lady complaining that it beeps through the night because her electricity is shit. So when ever there is s spike or minor volt drop or something it beeps. The beeps are relatively loud as the are meant as an alert.
I've got the same electrical problem. What makes sudden shut down worse is that it can damage your computer Are you sure everything is correctly earthed? You've never been slightly shocked by any of your appliances?

Windows: sumatrapdf
Linux:mupdf

Forgot pic

/biz/tech question here. I know bitcoin isn't anonymous, but if you buy it on an exchange using a credit card, how would a bank or government actually find out your public address? Is asking the exchange the only way?

A 1000va unit will handle your PC at 750W, and should give you at least 2-3 minutes. Cyberpower and Tripp Lite are usually best value.

How can an IP address be a website?

So i've been having problems getting connected to the NEO blockchain and i can't figure out what the fix is, anyone able to help?

Whats systemd and why do freetards sperg about it?

All websites are IP addresses, DNS handles converting them from letters back to numbers.

youtu.be/edDmA_OEkpw

youtu.be/qXtXsUqhHiI

youtu.be/jzO-x51c6pQ

It quite literally tells you what the error is in plain English right there.

All websites are just an IP.

What you have on your pic is what happen when google cannot do a reverse dns lookup to find the domain name of the IP it just scrapped

I think he's suprised google indexed a website by its ip instead of its domain name, afaik 8ch was removed from search results long ago.

>The Domain Name System (DNS) is a central part of the Internet, providing a way to match names (a website you’re seeking) to numbers (the address for the website). Anything connected to the Internet - laptops, tablets, mobile phones, websites - has an Internet Protocol (IP) address made up of numbers. Your favorite website might have an IP address like 64.202.189.170, but this is obviously not easy to remember. However a domain name such as bestdomainnameever.com is something people can recognize and remember. DNS syncs up domain names with IP addresses enabling humans to use memorable domain names while computers on the Internet can use IP addresses.

I am largely retarded and technologically incompetent, even after looking around for answers i haven't found any that i understood enough to be able to use.

Woops, didn't meant to use code brackets, i need to rebind that.

Just install bash from the windows store.

I'm retarded too. But I think if you read the top line of the window it says the .DLL file is not found. Try downloading libleveldb.DLL from the internet them drop it in system32

its a init system like sysvinit or upstart to initialize programs at startup and hand over to a GDM or a user shell

just like how grub initializes a kernel and hands off permission to it

the reason why a lot of people are upset is because it was basically forced on to a lot of users and there were a lot of legacy servers that crashed because of lazy testing which lasted about 6 months of bugs

then systemd started to take over the task of other components in the stack like grub with systemd-boot and GDM(graphical display manger) which handles logins and initializing a window manager and optional compositor

which some might not see that as a issue and even useful a giant bloated project is very ineffecient and not the way the linux community works as a team

smaller projects focused on individual aspects of a system work much better for security/performance and direction of evolution

there has already been plenty of security issues and they failed worst at blackhat this year

>I can't imagine you just have to cross reference it with the options you presented with every submit, that seems really inefficient.
Sad but true. You can't trust anything these days.

>the Blum talking about the new marvel movie he's in

I had one of these before I got an electric generator. The beep is annoying as fuck, and has woken me up before. On the other hand, it powered a PC from 10 years ago that was actively being used for about a half an hour.

Why would you suggest these over the other?

... seriously?

Half and hour a day? Even Normie's spend more time on theres
Because they're cheaper and not the size of a computer tower. They'll also perform perfectly for what you want it for.

Hey Sup Forums I'm shopping around for a home theater audio system but would like to spend less than $350. What/where should I be looking at? Any resources you recommend reading before pulling the trigger on something?

Also, how does Sup Forums choose a TV/who do you trust for reviews?

I'm a bit more retarded because i did not notice that i thought the "dotnet has stopped working" was the issue. I downloaded libleveldb.DLL and dropped it in system 32 but i get the same error, i tried putting it in my neo folder and same issue still.

>Half and hour a day? Even Normie's spend more time on theres

Half an hour on just the battery after the power went out you moron

Not only is that true, but you never could trust anything anyway.

vocaroo.com/i/s1lHvcm0MkiH
what did he mean by this?
old MSI board

Interesting, I wrote on another chan that imho 'centralization' of software on Linux was a good thing, guess I was wrong.

So its saying the exact same thing?
What's this neo bullshit? What's it for?

My fucking ears user lower your gain holy shit

Fuck you nigga

Cryptocurrency blockchain, it'll let me join in on it and then i can make a wallet, downloaded it from their website but it's just giving me trouble. I've asked /biz/ but they're worse than me. Yeah the exact same message.

'Auto it' ?

Takes manpower and time so they would only be interested if you become a high priority on somebodys desk

vocaroo.com/i/s1uxqftdLbYT
recorded with phone this time

>mining
Sorry m8 but I seriously don't know how to help. But it can't be the same message though. Cause the 1st message you posted said DLL not found. But its certainly in there right?
Side note what GPU you got?

>cheaping out on luxuries
Its never a good idea, just save up for 'future proof' shit

>inb4 not answering my question
You get what you pay for, youll thank me later

Brainlet here who can't into schematics.

This is part of the Arduino.cc R3 Protoshield schematic. Do these circles with the X's mean the pins go nowhere on the protoboard?

Surely Arduino would not go full retard and not connect the MOSI and MISO pins from the ICSP header...?

Nah not mining, just being connected and having a wallet to store some coins. Anyway yeah here it's the same error. It's a GTX 780 ti, don't think i could mine anything worthwhile with it anyway

How much is not cheaping out
How does one avoid overpaying if I follow that line of thinking
I feel like you're just shifting my questions to a different price point

I don't have a home theatre but I think that guys being full of shit. There is not much future proofing to be done

Much better. You have a hardware issue, If the PC was working before then it's probably going to be a PSU issue, if you unplug the drives and it can't even boot into BIOS it's a PSU issue, if you can then try running memteBIOS)S

Good luck m8. I'm not sure how I can help then.

Thanks for the help anyway, if i can't figure it out i'll end up posting the same issue in a future thread.

So are you saying asking the exchange is the only way?

that actually means 'graphics not initialized'
trying to boot up loonix/ganoo from usb but kinda failing at it
once I select any option from UNetbootin bootloader all I get is a blinking line on the bottom, after some time a little rectangular chunk on the top disapears, the line keeps blinking and nothing happens
on one option i got something to load up but hanged up on 'usb hub detected'
any tips?

how long will it be before i am able to purchase a 4 port 10gb ethernet switch for under 250$?

why dont normie consumers into 10gb yet?

Plenty of those on ebay and craiglist.

What would be a good os choice for an old as shit laptop to make him work again? Ubunty seems bloaty

So my SBC suddenly won't connect to my network, anyone know how to fix it? It's a Creator Ci40 running OpenWrt. I haven't changed anything that would make it stop, it just won't connect now.

Bunsen labs

most of those only have 2 10gb SFP ports which end up raping you on cable costs which are greater than cta6 or they still cost more than the one in pic related cause they have more ports than i need. i just want 4x10gb ethernet ports.

What for? do you even have the storage speed to transfer that fast?.

Instead of 4 port switch you could build a peer to peer network with 8 10GbE NICs.

Ubuntu Mate is a good option.
Xubuntu is also nice if it's really shit.

If you want to go ultra-lightweight, then Debian or ArchLinux are good choices.

If you can deal with Gentoo, it's actually a good use-case, because you get optimizations specifically for your craptastic hardware that make it actually nice to use, but it's a pain in the ass to set it up.

Is there any difference in performance between uncativated windows 10 and activated one ? i dont want spend money just for changing wallpaper

There shouldn't be any performance difference.
I'm not sure about what else happens with non-activated Windows 10, other than the "Pro" features in the Professional version get disabled.

thanks

How the duck do i disable autocorrect?
It's not even ducking letting me choose the word it's just correcting it?