What are some affordable exotic unix workstations? I'm looking for SPARC, risk, mips based workstations

What are some affordable exotic unix workstations? I'm looking for SPARC, risk, mips based workstations.

They're all 800+ dollars and more.

Other urls found in this thread:

cypress-tech.com/hp-9000-workstations.html
annapolis.craigslist.org/zip/d/free-sun-and-cisco-hardware/6211580963.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>there's a retro thread
>you're looking the totally wrong shit if it's 800 bucks+
>you're a faggot, stop looking, they don't sell them to faggots

A E S T H E tetc

Are the os' not available?

Loved my Sun Blade 1000s, but they use way too much power for me to use any more.

>mips based workstations

what do you guys do on these work stations? just for comfy shitposting, or are they actually useable as computers?

same question here

Just an attempt to achieve new shitposting autism levels.

They aren't even comfy and have literaly no new software

Workstations are for peasants, real men collect TANDEM systems or mainframes. Git gud.

>buy a 20$ white full-desktop computer
>Install minimal debian/freebsd/gentoo/arch/etc...
>install cde and mwm
Here you go, plus you can actually install up-to-date software, trust me mips, sparc, risk and powerpc architectures are just dead, just buy an aesthetic x86 and sitck a Sun sticker on the side

I wish it could run PS2 games, like you double click on the CD and it runs the game

Just press the reset button for that

>risk
topkek

I have a fully up to date RISC and POWERPC machines.

What's the point when x86 can run the same software better and cheaper

What's the point in OPs post?

>I don't know how to greentext

everything seems alright if you ask me, are you new?

Are you retarded?
Fuck off summer.

Those seem to be three different statements

>POWERPC
what os? i have a powerbook G4 and i'm feeling adventuros.

Did your mother get mad at the increase in her power bill after you set those fuckers up in her basement?

HP 9000-series workstations running on HP PA-RISC architecture.
cypress-tech.com/hp-9000-workstations.html

That has my vote for best de.

Its a de that was abandon years ago. It was petitioned to be open sourced and the company, seeing that it has no value in the modern world and never will again agreed to open sauce it.
They converted it over to work with linux irrc, but since its incompatible with a ton of shit it has very little use as a daily driver.

who are you quoting

freebies in maryland
annapolis.craigslist.org/zip/d/free-sun-and-cisco-hardware/6211580963.html

it's kind of vintage though

It's interesting to see how cisc and risc architecture differs for historical reasons but if you want to really do anything you're pretty limited to things like old powerbooks with the g4

Sun Blade 100/150s are cheap. The RS/6000 43p, hp 9000 c3000, and sgi Indy/o2 can be affordable too