/vrg/ - Virtual Reality General

Shilling for free. All text is a WIP.

>Setup guides, tips, resources
pastebin.com/3D60jpFb

>Recommended games and applications (includes NSFW)
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

skidrowgamesreloaded.com/rez-infinite-vr/
fantasynth.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone try Rez Infinite on the Rift or Vive yet?

bump

My Rift got shipped yesterday from Oculus. Seems they're cathing up with the orders.

Do not ever plug any Oculus stuff in an Asmedia USB port, updated drivers or not. I recommend disabling the controller in the device manager and taping the ports belonging to it shut just so you brick your PC by accident.

Just so you don't brick your PC by accident.

Doom 3 BFG VR keeps crashing at the first sentry bot after the invasion happens. Anyone know a fix? Crashes like clockwork.

If I only want 1 of these for hentai, would a gtx 960 and a 2 core 2 thread cpu be good enough?

Should be, especially with the various timewarp optimizations they have now. What CPU model?

Sorry, misread. Thought you said 2 core, 4thread. 2C/2T probably won't cut it.

Depend on the particular CPU and GPU.

For instance, I could not install Oculus Home and the drivers on my laptop because AMD pajeets didn't update the VGA driver and Oculus demands v16+ and I couldn't install it on my desktop because my perfectly fine CPU from 2010 didn't have some retarded instruction set (it was maybe SSE2 or something) and thus the Oculus installer refused to install.

I ended up giving the headset to my brother with his gaming PC.

bump

Have you guys noticed that DDD released a program called TriDef VR just over a week ago?

It's somewhat of a continuation of their discontinued VR support in TriDef 3D.

It's good news because Vireio is shit and VorpX doesn't support old games.

VR is ded.

Pirated it but couldn't get it to launch in VR on the Rift. Still a fun game.

I want to try the Alien Isolation VR mod, but I have no clue if my PC will be able to run it so I don't want to buy it.

It doesn't work on a pirated version, but it's only a dxgi.dll file you drag into the folder. Anyone know how to get this shit to work? I don't understand how a single dll file that doesn't overwrite anything can mod a game.

Crap, nevermind. The new version of the mod has an "exe check failed" error. I guess I'll just have to wait until he releases the source code and remove the check myself.

I tried Alien Isolation in VR when the game came out. Positional tracking was incorrect.

Did you look here? skidrowgamesreloaded.com/rez-infinite-vr/

Look in the comments for a fix.

But the mod just came out last week. I tricked the game into loading the dll anyway by putting it in the actual windows folder giving it no other alternative, but it doesn't open sadly. The torrent version must not be fully up to date.

Word, this shit looks good. I'm waiting for a crack tho, cause I'm not paying monthly for some fuckin software.

>If I only want 1 of these for hentai
You've got it backwards. The "real" games are the ones that are well optimized. The hentai stuff runs like shit and needs good hardware to hit 90 FPS.

With that said, space warp is acceptable. You'll survive on a 960.

It works, but hell. The second boss of Rez Infinite puts you in a tunnel that spins around. I can't take it... Makes me want to puke.

Ive had mine 3 weeks...also had an overtime frenzy at work and ive managed about 6 hours total on it....getting reall fucking annoyed desu...but im rolling in the lolly so i cant complain too much....also...got 3 more 12hr shifts this week, then 1 day off, then 4 more 12 hr shifts....after that though i got a full week off...so will get to grind a bit of space trucker then i guess.

I run isolation on an i5 6600, r9 390, 8gb ram and an mx200 ssd and the game renders flawlessly and has no noticable lag. How do your specs compare to that? Its a great game and worth the money if you can run it well but the VR mod is a bit janky at times so it may be worth waiting for an update or two and see if the game goes on sale in the meantime.

I have a gtx 970 and an i5 2500k... I've been having problems with my overhead spiking for no reason. I can go from 80% overhead to 0 and drop a frame, even in Oculus home.

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with my CPU/RAM being too slow. It's not that bad, though, and I only notice if I'm looking for the drops. If it comes to it, I don't even mind running at 45 FPS and letting ASW kick in since it's surprisingly good. I'm not sure if ASW works for games that aren't optimized for VR.

OP here, thank you anons who are contributing and bumping as I'm often not free and online to do so myself.

Is there going to be a crack? That'd be nice, I haven't seen cracks for any of the other injectors.

Please add Fantasynth to the recommendations pastebin. It's a free house music video(?) for Rift. Really good with weed or shrooms!

I'm so fucking excited for my rift. Pity I am probably 6 months away on the backlog.

Link?

fantasynth.com/

are people still making culling codes for dolphin vr? xenoblade could really use some.

Does Google Earth VR have street view?

Nice, I'll add it. The pastebin really needs to be updated too.

You should add House of the Dying Sun as well while you're at it.

I had my rift less than a week after ordering from best buy

I'll check that out (some time).

Don't have my rift yet, but is it possible to have my monitor show the same image from the rift?

it does so by default

It's good but short with only 14 stages. If you wanted to bother finishing them all on the hardest difficulty level, you could probably get around ~25 hours out of it though.

Just finished playing an hours worth of Gorn and my arms are fucking dead, and I'm sweatin' bullets.

no

g3258

Why do you have to uninstall Nvidia Geforce Experience before using the rift??

Why do all the standalone headsets require you to own a gaming computer? I couldn't give a fuck less about VR for video games

I want a laptop capable of running the rift that fits in a backpack with a big ass battery and a drone tethered to it it following me around and filming me while I wear the HMd so I can live my life in 3rd person. Is this feasible?

I think you have the terminology confused, if it requires a computer it's not stand-alone, what do you want one for anyway?

I suppose it could be done

I want one for 360 movies, 3D videos, VR "experiences", emulating a large screen for video games and videos, and other things such as VR music visualizers.

You can do all that with your phone and an £8 box strapped to your face, I got one a while back and it's not bad at all for that sort of stuff.