Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P0KhRXp0bQU
youtube.com/watch?v=1giVzxyoclE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I really fucking hate this whole unboxing embargo

Cancerous as shit.

Literally DOA.

CUTE!

I feel like this is a metaphor for something.

no reviews for another week as well

it's the hand instead of his eye

Adored got the liquid edition lol
youtube.com/watch?v=P0KhRXp0bQU

Benchmark NDA drops when?
I want at least one faggot to run B3D suite with RX Vega.

old news
monday

All that shilling paid off for that AYYMD shill

But he shits on Vega.

How good will it be?
And how power hungry?

No one really knows.
At least Rys started spilling the beans about Vega's features.

210w for the 1070 competitor.
295w for the 1080 competitor.
375w for the watercooled "1080 ti" competitor (It won't even come close)

Is this a Se7en reference?

youtube.com/watch?v=1giVzxyoclE

1000w PSU required for highest end model... Vega DOA. The only thing I wanted was some competition in the GPU market.

1% yields

Paul's just mad because he's balding.

Would 550w be enough for the 56?

yes.

Cool, hoping to snatch one up before cryptofags get on it along with a 4K display.

maaahhhybe

They drop on Monday

Easily, it isn't too far off the 1070 which sits at 160-180w

quite the cheap shot against an individual who does far more deeper analysis than him.

Get e-celeb status and get normies floading your channel because you appeal to them and record in 4k and suddenly you start thinking you can take a shit on the people who made the industry what it is and through their critical analysis ensure manuf's stick to quality products...

Very interesting... Further complicated by this round of releases being the last remaining source of attention they'll get for a while. I wonder if the bandwagon of 4k shills will start engaging in clown like theatrics like Linus to keep people coming to their channels.

There's a place for steve in the upcoming timeline.
Pulling shit like this instead of showing him support is a good way to be shut out of it.

This is a number given to brainlets incapable of specing their psu based on power draw. If the vidya draw 400W and your CPU draws 100W and your periiphs draw 50, you're fine with a 750W PSU. If you add in more cards you just do basic arithmetic and arrive at what PSU you need.

>Vega 64

Vega it's going to be 3 times more powerfull than GTX 1080ti

400w would just be average power draw.
You will see spikes upwards of 550+
That's why AMD recommend 1000w.

oh fuck off curlyhair, get a haircut first

Nuff said.

What is the story behind the embargo?

t. bald cuck

Made me laugh, thanks for the early morning giggles

he's always been Fair
and that's what i want from reviews, to mentioned when there clear issues with software fucking up a benchmark then just releasing the Benchmark has the sum of all in performance.

550+ watts .. 850-550 = 300W
Hmm goy, how much does a ryzen draw?
How much do periphs?
Far less then 250W

Learn to spec a PSU brainlet.
Learn to decide if you'll upgrade in the future.
Stop following specs they chart because brainlets don't do any thinking for themselves.

No, that's "big die" Volta.

Yeah, because NVidia cards never have power draw spikes. Oh, wait. Shit.

Dat hatred for a full set of hair.
4k bullshit for the masses...
Look goy : standard benchmark suites and eye candy.
All form and no function.

What's that? In-depth analysis? Sorry goy, I have no clue how electronics actually work. Data pipeline? What's that? Don't think of such things goy, it will hurt my brain and yours.. here, here's some 8K eye candy... Oh and hit this doobie ... shhhh !

That's not GV100.

nobody say that...

Because they still have some unevolved faggots at HQ, they decide to give preference to the e-celebs who shill the hardest and produce 4k videos for the masses... Typically the reviewers who stick to visuals above critical analysis get first shot at unveiling the product.

Instead of having engineers and corporate individuals do product launches, they've resorted to a handful of jackwads on youtube. Therefore, you get 20 reviews that all run the same generic ass benchmarks that give you no deeper understanding of the product beyond vidya.

The dumber the analysis, the earlier they get emargo's lifted.
This is what happens when normies become the dominant consumers.

Longhair on lettid says : "We're working with AMD."

The dramas are over.

Calm down Rajeev, fucks sake. They not paying you enough these days?

Did a little math
Ryzen 1700 3.8ghz OC
Few 120mm fans
Ssd, HDD
Aio
USB device
275w
550 for vega
=825w
So you would need a 900 or 1000w PS to power it.
There in a thread ripper and you will need 1200+
>NVidia cards never have power draw spikes
I never said they didn't
All GPUs have spikes

You do know they are friends right? It was hardly a jab as well, cross promotion is never a bad thing user.

Fuck, why are people always so cynical on here.

>why are people always so cynical on here
It's Sup Forums.

autism has overtaken this once great Mongolian image website.Remember when 4chin was good?

Me neither.

>4chin was never good maymay

He's getting them prepared for how to properly relate in the timeline ahead.
Doing God's work

>pessimistic sperglord maymay

Yes, for your particular scenario, that's your need. Others don't have the same need which is why the number they quoted is just a suggestion as they always are.

STINKA

What are the 2 little shitty dies side to gpu?

I watch videos to be informed.
I find Gamer's Nexus does very detailed analysis that other generic shills don't.
While you may think its not a jab, the average brainlet who watches a brainlet e-celeb feels somehow strengthened against critical analysis. There's more than meets the eye.

As such and because I dont buy products because some shill makes a 4k video and runs gaming benchmark, I tend to see beyond the smoke and mirrors of what you call 'cross promotion'.

That being said, after this final product launched and I dig through the bullshit and get the information I need, I will have no need to wade into any of this. I wish, at the level of complexity hardware is approaching that AMD did more to detail/launch their own products via engineers and people who know wtf they're talking about instead of putting it in the hands of the biggest shill with the most youtube viewers. Alas, fools with money need to be marketed to.

That's the HBM memory.

HBM stacks.

I through the hbmeme stacks was on pcb

NVidia's reference still looks like stupid gamer shit. Sorry, every single person who's seen Vega in person says it looks great.

Vega64 looks much sexier than gtx reference cards, i think. Also, are they somewhat bribing reviewers with that kind of packaging?

Then you're too retarded even for favela monkey.

I think you've had enough of the internet today, Jonathon.

Go get a nice cup of coco milk and lay in your bed for 20 mins, I'm sure you'll feel better after.

The whole point of having HBM seperate is to increase yields and decrease die size.
Not any more of a bribe than Threadripper's packaging.

No goy you need to watch a serious review like cuck tips

That fucking shoebox card is ridiculous. Shit performance, overpowered, designed like ass.
Anyway, it was designed for miners, so

Dear favela nigger,
kill yourself.

Im not the one using a 3d world designed product

>What's that? In-depth analysis?
germans serve that function much better than greasy hair smirk clown

>Not any more of a bribe than Threadripper's packaging
Considering threadripper reviews were overhelmingly positive, it kinda add points, i guess.

>3d world
Hey, that game was pretty fun. Wait, what were we talking about again?

t. autist

Also TL;DR

I'm curious to see how much of a difference having a good OS and drivers makes for it. The older Fury hardware is about 11% faster on the latest Mesa than it is on AMD's official Windows driver.

Its just a shame that they haven't gotten everyhing in the mainline kernel yet.

No amount of driver work will leverage memory bandwith bottleneck.
Vega is DOA.

Two more days and we get to see if the bandwidth situation is any better.

I sincerely doubt it'll get any better.
Hell Rys is silent about whether or not prim shader path is enabled in FE drivers.

What knife did he use?

>Use Hbmeme because its said to increase bandwidth
Continues starved as same as poolaris and fury

Why AMD just dont admit they are only doing mining cards at this point

U M A D E L I C I A

Polaris doesn't use HBM...

AMD need to do something, when their MSRP < $200 4GB RX 570 is going for ~$350 and their MSRP < $300 8GB RX 580 is going for $500 something has to give now that they're launching cards with $400-$500 MSRPs.

Or the Vega cards like the Polaris cards are going to be massively overpriced for their gaming performance.

spyderco

No one is going to buy Vega for mining.

Include the polaris cards so you can say that amd is regressing.

>Or the Vega cards like the Polaris cards are going to be massively overpriced for their gaming performance.
Really hope you're talking about post-mining boom, because otherwise lol.

Spyderco Tenacious.

If the prices stay at around the MSRP and its a decent bump up from the Fury which generally falls between the 1070 and the 1080 in most benchmarks (Linux Mesa) then it should be pretty good value for the money and maybe the other prices will fall to where they should be.

If rather than forcing price drops of the Polaris cards and staying at MSRP the prices instead jump up based on what the Polaris cards are priced at now, then they'll be totally non competitive.

>No amount of driver work will leverage memory bandwith bottleneck.
>Vega is DOA.
Might be fixable with BIOS updates, but RTG is sort of in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation with that. If they fix the memory bandwidth before launch it will make Vega way faster at mining ETH and miners will buy as many as they can. If they don't fix it by Monday, everyone will shitpost their asses off calling Vega DOA because Vega 56 only beats AIB OC'd 1070's and Vega 64 is going to only beat AIB OC'd 1080's.

The rumors of a massive increase to mining performance out of nowhere suggest that there may be a development BIOS that might mitigate the memory bandwidth bottleneck to some extent, but who knows how close to being ready it is?

>new uarch with much higher clocks and fuckton of improvements performs barely better than bottleneckfest that is Fiji
Where did everthing go wrong?
Who the fuck cares about miners.
Holy fuck launch day impressions is EVERYTHING for GPU.
Vega is DOA.

So your bet is that BIOS updates cannot significantly improve memory bandwidth then?

We will see. I've been following Vega for months now trying to figure WTF is going on with this card. It's two days from launch and we still have no fucking idea WTF is going on with the memory bandwidth. There is no earthly way they could have intended this, and it cannot be a hardware bug because they had plenty of time to respin. So why the fuck does Vega appear to only get ~300 GB/s in memory bandwidth?!

>So why the fuck does Vega appear to only get ~300 GB/s in memory bandwidth?!
Who knows.
It's DOA anyway. The "leaks" killed any positive impression Vega can deliver.

>Who knows.
The more important question is whether it can be fixed with BIOS updates, and if it can, how soon RTG can have that BIOS update ready? And is that upcoming BIOS update the thing that was causing reports of a massive increase in ETH hashrate (since ETH hashing rate is memory bandwidth bound).

DOA at launch due to the incompetence of the Windows driver team is fine with me if it keeps the prices low and the Mesa devs deliver like they've been doing.

Press already has the cards.
It's too little too late.
It's DOA.

>Who the fuck cares about miners.
Leather jacket jensen.
>Perhaps more worrying is the CEO’s assertion that there will likely be new currencies springing up, and more interest in cryptocurrency mining going forward, and that “this is a market that’s not likely to go away anytime soon”.

Vega is guaranteed out of stock on arrival, it doesn't matter what gaymur kids think, they won't find it even if they want

Vega is bad at mining, give the power consumption, user.
It's DOA.

Mainstream gaming is only a few years away from there being no real need for anything beyond what an SOC can do. Long term the mining market is probably good for the GPU market. It sucks in the short term though where there still isn't a good upgrade from my aging first gen GCN card for a reasonable price.