I pray that tomorrow I shall wake up to comfy life in Slovenia, but alas I shall be stuck here so far from my love

I pray that tomorrow I shall wake up to comfy life in Slovenia, but alas I shall be stuck here so far from my love

Who else shares my pain?

I'd rather live in New Zealand desu... those bays near Christchurch are epic desu

How hard is it to settle there?

Government says we are now short of chefs and hospitality staff, do you meet our criteria? Also construction staff are badly needed in collapsechurch

want to trade senpai?

so the mythical upper carniola is just ljubljana area?

lel bunch of commies

I would

Do you know the sensational gravity of a Croatian-Slovene unification? Do you know how based that federation would be? What beauties would be have, what economy would be drive forward?

>what beauties would be have
>what economy would be drive forward

Sorry brate, we don't associate ourselves with mongrels.

I met a Slovene a few days ago, with a German surname and the name "Ivan". His father is a Croat from north Dalmatia and mother from Austria

where was this cutie 3.14 picture of a beautiful heaven-on-earth paradise taken at?

B-but it's okay when we do it, Marko.

How bout physicists? I really wanna get out of here.

Paradise on Earth. Not even kidding. Economy though, you may need to ask Austrians to join.

Rude and uncalled for. Apologize!

We can do the economy paet ourselves. Croatia needs to acquire a more transparent bureaucracy and it will pave way for domestic and foreign business to lower the unemployment. Half of our country wokrs in the public sector. It is appalling

Croatia and Slovenia, together given 30 years or so, would be the among top economies in Eastern Europe now, our combined GDP is around $105 thousand

Croatia has a consolidated banking sector, we could, with Slovenes, buy the entire south Slav commerce and industry

Why Croatia is not the richest country in Eastern/Balkan region was always a mystery to me; tourism alone gives you huge money influx and nice head-start compared to the other countries it seems almost unfair. What is the problem beside big public sector? Why is Slovenia richer, what is the main driving force of their economy?

Our country is a large, inefficient public sectorm. Plus, we had a 5 year long war that made bilkions of euros of damage, destroyed vital infrastructure hat connected thr north abd with as well as roads in the hinterland, hindered our tourism for 10 years (war years and post war image) and made us lose around 500 thousand Croats and Serbs of fleeing, death or some form of permanent scarring

Slovenia avoided that. Same as Slovenia pretty much avoided most Ottoman wars, 1848 revolution, direct destruction in WWII (Croatia had bitter infighting during WWII, "people from the same village on different sides" tier of war).

*crumblechurch

True, forgot about Balkans war; Croatia sure felt that. WW2 though, didn't Slovenia had same problem of two sides: communists and the church supported militias?

Isn't New Zealand comfy? It seems that way on TV amd in magazine articles I've read.

Hickory bay... just random one i spotted

They did, but they they had their whole country s a battlefield, infrastructure obliterated, cut even village from village, cliques holding cities, unrestrained pillage and torture or systematic destruction through camps? By Croatian numbers (and this is a highly controversial topic, especially for megalomaniacs who wish to believe Yugoslav numbers inflated for preparation purposes), Croatia lost around 300 thousand people, death only. From that 160-190 thousand were Croatian Serbs interned, died or killed in camps) and the rest were Croats. Around the same number of wounded and God knows how many displaced and emigrated

Trust me if we separated on Slovene conditions, or if the Serbs here acknowledged the referendum and opted for the autonomy deal, we would be economically better than Slovenia

Don't know man, weren't you always worse off than us?

GDP per capita proportionally still the same as it was back then..

"Always" and now make a great difference. We made a solid jump back in 2003-2008. Even with the war thing. Then our GDP shrinked (by 20 billion) and we just last year's quarter returned tk our 2008 per capita standard. Imagine if there was no war, our credit affirmed and reassured with the lenders, economy above lending possibilities and open for investments, tourism getting a 5 year headstart, infrastructure in tact, no brain drain, no massive outbreaks of (fake politicians with) fake diplomas.

Yours is a different comparison, the world was not as global in the "always" period

Tourism is actually bad for you long term. It requires alot of people to work in, and you can't improve it's producivity, ie. get fewer people to work in it. It doesn't have as much value added as good ole industry and manufacturing.

Industrialized countries are rich and not touristy ones.

>Upper Carniolans
>being associated with Ljubljana

heresy! Nothing south of the Sava can ever be Upper Carniolan, only only ever Lower Carniolan.