I have a question about Net Neutrality...

I have a question about Net Neutrality. Telecoms want to do away with Network Neutrality in order to implement tiered internet according to many tech blogs. However there many countries around the world without Network Neutrality without tiered internet access. Why don't countries without Network Neutrality have tiered internet access?

which countries?

to put this in perspective, you know how you go to your cable provider and you say
>give me the basic cable package
yeah sure here are 40 channels
>all of these are crap
well you can upgrade for 10.99 a month
>sure
>wait all of these are crap too
>how much to get good channels
oh that will be a 69.99 premium over the basic package
>well shit that's expensive
free market bro

some of us oldfags remember when cable companies would give you one set list of channels, then you paid more for HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime. now it's come to a point that you have to pay twice as much money just to get ANYTHING worth viewing.

that's why we're worried about the current situation

Because it's more about prevention than anything.

I have a question about that pic What is the source of it?

Net-neutrality is a scam.

Nothing more to it.

TV is controlled by the FCC. Why would you want the same for internet?

Also your flawed analogy doesn't work since the media companies charge the TV proviers money to access their channels, that's why there's tiers. Websites don't charge ISP's any money to access their websites... yet..

Fuck if I know.

America has more internet companies based there and lobbying is a bigger part of American governance.
Also lots of countries do have similar consumer protection etc laws carried over from the telecom industry just like America did. They just don't call them net neutrality and make a big deal out of it.

The internet has been ran for 20 years without net neutrality with no tiered internet plans. Suddenly somebody suggests that ISPs are evil and we need to protect the people from something that nobody has ever done or thought about doing.

I wonder who this benefits? [thinking face emoji]

To be fair wireless carriers pull some bullshit.

It was classified under the telecom rules you moron. ISPs paid billions to get it reclassified and then the fcc applied an updated version of the telecom rules and called it net neutrality. Now ISPs are paying more to get rid of that.
Learn your history before you start spouting bullshit.

No it wasn't you fucking sperge, do your research.

On 26 February 2015, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) ruled in favor of net neutrality by reclassifying broadband access as a telecommunications service and thus applying Title II (common carrier) of the Communications Act of 1934 as well as section 706 of the Telecommunications act of 1996[85] to Internet service providers.[86][87][88][89][90][91]

>nobody has ever done or thought about doing.
itt: user pretends he knows what he's talking about

cable is dying they need a new way of fucking people over

Stop giving them money

why do you think they want to take over the internet?

Hopefully to shut it down

You can't get maximum profit from something by shooting it down you silly.

I can't wait the day when your ISP starts throttling P2P connections so you can't pirate chinese cartoons, in that day you'll come here crying for net neutrality.
>b-but muh vpn
Your ISP can easily throttle that too without net neutrality.

They can't do either of those things but stay retarded

I can't wait to go back to the days of centralized communication where people can no longer recognize the extent of corporate media tampering. Paradise on earth.

Without net neutrality they can but stay retarded.

Considering NN was set to be officially implemented until this winter you would be wrong. Be sure to kys when it never happens

>Why don't countries without Network Neutrality have tiered internet access?
Mainly because ISPs in other countries that rely on gov't money for the sunk costs in their infrastructure have enough sense not pull clapistani gambit of getting the tax payers to make the initial layout and then turning around saying that they don't owe them shit. If management types tried to pull that anywhere else, they understand they would be taking their lives into their own hands. Here in clapistan, we pay hundreds of millions of dollars to people like Ken Lay and T Boone Pickens and worship them when they screw people in the name of profit.

>I can't wait the day when your ISP starts throttling P2P connections

they can already do that if they wanted to. nn does not apply to illegal content

Some countries without net neutrality throttle traffic based on the protocol used or its origin.
NN is a fight on many fronts. Tiered internet access is often used as an example because it talks to normies. NN is also important for protecting innovation by not adding artificial barriers to entry to get on the Internet for example, but that concept is much harder to explain to tech illiterates who have no idea about how peering, routing and ISPs work.

I had a webm of the pic.maybe is from some jap xxx

Reverse image search isn't working... Could that be because of net neutrality?

P2P isn't illegal