Nixie Tubes

I like nixie tubes. Has anyone done anything with nixie tubes? (pic related, hint: nixie tubes)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nuiqDdMA4RY
youtu.be/wxL4ElboiuA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you the same person making this thready every few weeks?

No, not me. I must have missed the other threads. I'm sorry.

OP is literally trying to sell hes shitty nixie tubes clocks on ebay and amazon but nobody is buying, everybody is buying nvidia cards instead but not the shit OP want to sell you, a fucking clock.

check em

>A fucking clock
Does it go *tick tick boom*?

youtu.be/nuiqDdMA4RY

nice trips
pls no bully

Nixie tubes aren't made anymore but there are imitations.

I want one of these because I'm a weeb

One guy dalibor farny dedicated himself to recreating them and now manufactures a fairly large tube, the video on it is pretty interesting youtu.be/wxL4ElboiuA

I'm making a traditional Nixie clock and a VFD. Probably going to make a wrist watch using VFDs or numitrons.

including power supply, it'll be the size of a shoe-box.

Not really

Fuck you, nixie tubes are great.

Nice video.

How much do they charge for those? Site merely says they stopped taking orders.

Here's mine. I want to get the audio spectrum analyzer next.

i fucking love nixie tubes, i would fuck them if i could, i think it is the most beautiful and retro technology ever created, unfortunately im a pharmacist so i would never be able to build a nice clock from them on my own, but i have an engineer friend whom i will force to make it for me if i can get enough money to build one, cause that shit ain't cheap

Time travel

I would buy some, maybe use them with an arduino, but I can't think of anything interesting to make.

build a (bomb) clock
timed suicide machine
fap counter

nixie tube is life

Outdated and shitty technology hyped by hipsters that never did anything productive in their lives.

>productivity meme
>"i'm better than them"
The ISTP is mad

wozniak has one
looks pretty gud

Nixie tubes? Neat. I love that steampunk stuff.

It's you Ahmed the clock boy?

While nixie tubes are undeniably splendid, they date from long after the age of steam ended.

Reminds me of niexie pixel *_*

the best girl is a (male)

Who?

this was a 2013 thing hey, man thinking back the "essentials" were actually pretty good
nixie tubes
sansa clip
m50
one plus (or a couple of other models)
model m
define r3 (was it?)
and a bunch of others i cant remember.

it truely wqs a great time for consumer tech

HACKING TO THE GATE

It was about 130$/tube iirc.

most people who like nicie tubes like the DIY aspect of them so selling it might not be viable

Shh. Don't let all the steampunk people know half their shit doesn't fit Victorian design and fashion.

Amazing how people have found forgotten tech and resurrected them. Even if it is for more style than function, It is pretty neat they've rediscovered how to make them.

Holy shit. He even does all the glass work himself. That workshop is nuts.

I watched this video a few weeks ago, I loved it but I think his methods seem to be clumsy and he could up his production by doing things a bit differently.
Having said that, I'm not expert in this field and the guy put in the effort and is taking the chances so cool.

youtu.be/wxL4ElboiuA

Btw he's got some great skills too.

>but I think his methods seem to be clumsy and he could up his production by doing things a bit differently
Why not tell him?

It's a small thing and could help someone out a great deal.

Not just any old workshop it's a local castle they rent rooms out, last I heard they've just started renting another room to make a packing room

>AKIHA rumiho
>urushiBARA ruka
???

>liking catgirls
Nothing wrong with mayushii of course