Daily reminder that AirPods are not just a gimmick, but an amazing piece of forward thinking utilitarian technology

Daily reminder that AirPods are not just a gimmick, but an amazing piece of forward thinking utilitarian technology.

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

Airpods are Vaporware...

they're shit but i don't think you know what vaporware means user

Are you retarded? They're out of stock everywhere Apple has a hard time keeping demand.

If I over spent that much money on something easily replaced by equal or better quality at a fraction of the cost id try to convince others mine were superior to. But they're not.

People who wear these look like absolute mongoloids.

Like vape users

airpods users are the autistic children of yesterday.

>wireless earphones comparable to smoke toys
???

>Ear fedora

They are literally the same technology that's been used in hearing aids for years, thrown into a fancy white packaging and sold at an insane markup. So no, they are most certainly -not- "forward thinking utilitarian technology".

hearing aids connect to your phone?

>they'll look like they have human hair if we put enough product in them!
Nice to see that Apple is trying to fulfill their diversity quotas.

What the fuck are you talking about?

They're out of stock because Apple is generating artificial scarcity while airpod users are constantly buying new ones because they're extremely easy to lose.

Hearing aids have for years been capable of receiving signals from audio systems, in for example churches, so that they don't have to deal with the whole Mic -> Speaker -> Hearing aid. Instead it just goes Mic -> Hearing aid directly. Once cellphones became a thing they offered the same technology as a dongle to hook up to your phone using the handsfree connector, and then later bluetooth once that became a big enough thing.

If any of you Anons have wondered what this sign means, that's what it's referring to. Technology has existed for decades.

Alright, let's see your true-wireless buds that operate independently, get 4.5 hours battery life on a charge, switch pairing in less than five seconds, and cost $159 or less (because 159/160 is technically a fraction!).

Still not what vaporware means. I have a pair in my pocket, numbnuts.

They're constantly out of stock because yields are terrible. They're pretty hard to make.

A) Making things smaller costs money. Ever bought a laptop?

B) Insane markup? No, not at all. Last time I checked, Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids were not cheap. In fact, almost every competitor to the AirPod is considerably more expensive and/or considerably worse. If the technology is so established, why is it so hard to point out a superior competitor?

OP here, just bought it.

It's DAMN amazing!

consider this: the products you consume are not part of your personality
why are you so emotionally invested in defending a piece of plastic lmao

Meanwhile you can get simple bluetooth earbuds with earloops, decent sound quality, 1 meter waterproof, and 8 hour battery life for like 35 bucks online.

>simple bluetooth earbuds

Show me one without a cable and convenience like an AirPod.

And also all the features of the AirPods, including the microprocessor it comes with.

I'll wait.

>an amazing piece of forward thinking utilitarian technology.

I don't think you know what utilitarian means

iDrones, everyone

Oh and you do? kys

>without a cable
Who fucking cares, it just hangs behind your neck. Are you frequently getting caught in shit or getting strangled?

Dude that thing looks like you wear it because you have aids and bad hearing.

Lmfao kys with that ugly piece of shit.

At least get a BeatsX for $99 if you don't want to pay $159, it sounds decent and has those shitty wires.

Obviously AirPods sales are doing really well because you can't find that shit anywhere.

I have an Audeze LCD3 and a very expensive headphone setup at home, I only use AirPods for convenience when I'm out and about and don't want to carry heavy ass headphones or my daily driver.

The Sensos have been $36 on Amazon for several months at least. Also you talk like an actual faggot.

Yeah I do, and removing the cables provide no practical function. The airpods are form over function, that's the exact opposite of utilitarian.

Holy shit, imagine being this fucking autistic and missing the point this badly. Do you even know anything about the product you're talking about? Do you actually know what AirPods even are and the reason they exist?

>eBay chinkshit with silicon tip seals making for disgusting phone calls (I actually make calls unlike you) and no advanced features and a vulnerable wire connecting them both
>no one-ear listening or phone calls
>damage the wire and both earphones are dead

Its a very important point. Those headphones are for working out. For casual use, having a wire dangling on your neck, getting caught in clothing tags and generally making the whole thing less adaptive is shit.

You can listen just fine with 1 ear, just loop one of the earloops into your collar to hold it there.
Clothing tags? What the fuck are you doing, son? You're supposed to remove the tags before you put on your new clothes.

>>removing the cables provide no practical function
>the ability to take a phone call with just 1 bud
>lay on your side in bed and talk on the phone
>keep one in your ear for Siri to control shit in your house
>switch between them for marathon phone calls with the charging case seamlessly
>removing the vulnerability of having a wire's integrity be the only reason they work
>no tangling possible

Form over function? You dumb fucking uneducated contrarian retard.

>just loop one of the earloops into your collar to hold it there

The fuck is that shit? The tag is the thing at the back of the collar you fucking mongoloid. Do you have any purchased clothes or does your mother knit shit for you? Jesus Christ.

I can do all of those things with a normal wired headset and I don't even need to charge it, it doesn't tangle because I'm not retarded

And also it doesn't sound like shit

>I can do all of those things with a normal wired headset

No you can't. If you had someone to talk to on the phone you wouldn't be saying anything because you'd be aware of a fucking glaring flaw in your shitty aliexpress headset.

You really are autistic. Even an old-fashioned tag like this is literally fucking impossible to "get caught" in anything, because it's INSIDE the fucking shirt.

>No replaceable cable because lolwireless
>No tip selection possible because the nozzle is just an oval
>As a result, most people can't or have a very hard time getting a proper seal

Wow, so forward thinking. They've literally regressed in many regards. I will say that they have decent battery life, but that's pretty much all of the praise that I can muster. I won't bring up issues of sound quality because the people who buy iAnything don't give a shit about sound quality to the degree that they would discern between two pairs of earphones.

>Uses LCD3 at home and AirPods on the go

Are you a fucking masochist or something? That's like saying you eat at a Michelin-star restaurant for lunch and dinner, but get McDonalds or Taco Bell breakfast "because it's convenient".

>$130 earbuds sound like $20 earbuds
>doesn't sound like shit
okay shill

Nice goalpost shift, so NOW you know what a tag is. Its a fact, inevitably, multiple times a day that rubberized wire is going to stick to your neck or get stuck between your neck and the collar of your clothing as you turn your head. All day its tugging at shit and its inferior and shitty. You're only pissed that Apple executed it best first, not only beating the competition's offerings in every category but ALSO undercutting them in price. You cannot argue with a straight face that ultimately, wired BT headphones are better than truly wireless ones.

I can and I will. Case in point: wired is about a fifth of the price for 90% of the ability.

Mostly the same reason this thread was made: to have something to talk about. Also, I'm not a big fan of objective untruths in trolling. Trolls shouldn't be easily disproved. A good troll should gaslight people, not this "LMAO i was just pretending to be retarded!" shit.

Except... no!

>wired is about a fifth of the price for 90% of the ability

Are you still even talking about Bluetooth headphones or what? You're fucking lost. Not that I expect an animoo avatar queer to not be a total mouth-breather but, try to focus here.

You sound like an alt-right faggot.

>Are you a fucking masochist or something? That's like saying you eat at a Michelin-star restaurant for lunch and dinner, but get McDonalds or Taco Bell breakfast "because it's convenient".

Kek, I have decent IEMs too but they're too big and wired. And also good IEMs need an amp and I'm not carrying a fucking battery operated AMP with my iPhone.

You can still use solid IEMs with just an iPhone, unless they're reeeeally insensitive. I dunno, I just don't see how you go from LCD3 to AirPods, but hey, you do you.

They're shit, sound like $30 earbuds and have no real reason to exist aside from hipsters buying them, there are already better bluetooth headphones with proper hardware controls and larger batteries.

I have a pair of airpods. They're fantastic.
>5 hour battery life in single charge, 24+ with charging case which is tiny and airpods are always in anyway
>3 hours of listening with a 15 minute charge
>automatically pause when you pull out an airpod
>automatically connect and pair when you open the case and take one out
>tap on one airpod for siri
>tap on other airpod for play/pause or what you set it to
>built in microphones which work great
>automatically switches to mono when you have one airpod in the case and one in your ear
>no stupid bullshit where you have to pair the left airpod to the right airpod like other truly wireless earbuds
>sound pretty good, price isn't completely ridiculous

I have some shitty Klipsch ones and also good Sennheiser ones (the wires are frying tho and they're hard to repair).

I don't know, after using AirPods for a few days, it's definitely not a gimmick desu. I was laughing at people who had it and called them fags, but now I get why the future of portable audio is wireless.

Bluetooth has AptX and BT5.0 should have lossless so we're pretty close to wireless goodness.

When I get home I can enjoy my 24/96 VINYL rips in my lounge chair.

When you're walking/running/going on with your day, you don't really pay attention to the sound quality, so AirPods are pretty good for my situation.

I can always use my other IEMs when necessary, but I think they'll be collecting dust.

>I dunno, I just don't see how you go from LCD3 to AirPods, but hey, you do you.

So do you want me to carry my LCD3s in it's Pelican case to everywhere I go and get stabbed or something?

Or laughed at?

Even if you listen to IEMs, they are no match to LCD3's.

Matter of fact, everything after the LCD3's sound like McDonalds.

So.......even if I use my Sennheiser IEMs, I still miss my LCD3's.

So...

>Im lonely and the tech i buy makes me what i am!
>TALK TO ME!!!! TALK TO ME!!!

>Who fucking cares, it just hangs behind your neck. Are you frequently getting caught in shit or getting strangled?
Everyone cares, faggot.

Because they don't have cases, they fit in a small box, that fits in your pocket.

Easy to put on and off.

That makes ALL the difference.

Don't worry these Sup Forums fags don't get that the convenience of AirPods outweigh the quality of them in terms of audio.

Matter of fact it doesn't sound THAT bad, you have to judge it as to what it does better.

No doubt about it, sound quality will only get better with AirPods 2 and probably they will have Space Gray and it won't be as big.

People don't realize the wireless BT headphone market is all garbage. Prices and quality varies and there is no "standard".

It will only get better.

How is the QC on these? I don't wanna wait 2-3 weeks on a pre-order so I'm thinking about getting them through an amazon prime affiliated reseller, but I'm paranoid of all the sketchy "like-new" stuff that might be returned duds. I guess worst case amazon return policy has my back.

Do you know how much hearing aids cost?

Try going into a local AT&T and Verizon shop and asking for one, chances are they'll have it.

Don't pay more than the MSRP.

>posting a negroid
ayy, you fucking cuck!

It's not much more than MSRP cause there's no tax from this amazon reseller. Counting gas money/tax it comes out to about even. I'll check out it regardless though, verizon is close enough. Thx 4 the tip.

gee I wonder why that is.

It's an ad from Apple.

Here's a white/jew guy for comparison.

Because they're hard to make idiot.

Really wish the people rallied behind my suggestion for bruce lee elementary. Even went full lefty about him being the first asian super star and all that.

But I wear this guys, why would I change?

Until they fall out and vanish down the drainage system, so you end up buying a cable ($35 please) that prevents them falling when they do...which defeats the point of getting rid of the cable in the first place.

too much of a brainlet to use that desu
if it weren't for the cable I would have lost my earphones ages ago. They'll probably sell fucktons of them because of that though

>tfw pads literally disintegrated into powder

I like how you incorporated reddit spacing and beats into this post. Solid 7/10.
Have a (You) good sir and keep up good work.

Add to this.
>nigger bass
>0 soundstage
>no isolation

But they make for fine jogging headphones (thanks to headband) and have a nice hipster retro look, perfect for fashion accessory.

>>nigger bass
Just because the bass is present doesn't mean it's nigger bass. If your music adds nigger bass to try to compensate for shitty phone or laptop speakers then that's on the music.

I didn't choose to be born. I'm just happy with what I have, shill.