I love Vim but they make it hard to stay faithful

I love Vim but they make it hard to stay faithful.

Then you haven't learned vim yet

kek

Or maybe the vim lovers haven't learned sublime.

You can use vim keybindings on sublime text. Sublime text is better

hehe yes

Trips of truth Sublime is the new editor of Sup Forums

not free. not rms approved.

nano

I fail to see what Sublime actually does that Emacs doesn't aside from having a prettier UI. If anything its extensibility is a joke.

Fuck off emacs shill

fuck off indeterminate affiliation shill

I don't have to fight with Emacs to get everything I want to work. rtags is a pain in the ass for larger projects. My foray with emacs was great especially with packages like ace-jump-mode and ivy but at the end of the day it felt like too much of a hassle. It'll be my go to for a terminal text editor though.

I don't want to*

correction

emacs is like this all the time. can it do XYZ? yes, but it's a huge pain in the ass, full of unintuitive bullshit and insane default behaviours

I bet you've never used Vim in your life, shill. And regardless, I will never use proprietary editors.

I feel the same. Hit one wrong button and finding your way back is a nightmare without closing the whole thing down.

Better hope you know the key combos for that too.

How would you recommend I make ST obsolete within Vim

Nice try

>nagware
For losers.

>too stupid to patch the binary
>too stupid to literally google for a key
lol

>too stupid to use emacs
It's okay to admit it brainlet.

I knew someone would reply with this. I already did that, and that's not the point. Using software made by some fucks that thought a popup in my face every 10 saves was acceptable is an insult.
I program in vim. You kode in sublime. You are a consumer, I am a developer.

>google for a key
Yep, thanks CIA/Wikileaks.

It's a product evaluation you moron. It has quite a hefty price so they let you use it. It's like a demo for software, you're not supposed to get the full fucking experience.

>quite a hefty price
>a text editor
And somehow I'm the moron.

Yeah I take that back, you're not a moron, you're a fucking retard. Not all software in the world is free. You may not agree with charging for a text editor, but guess what, some people want to make money. Wow.

Keep us posted.

And the morons are the ones that pay for it, and judging from your butt-rage, you are one of them.
Perhaps with thousands of free editors out there, you are experiencing a bit of buyer's remorse?

Start making love with emacs. You'll forget other whores ever existed.

rtfm