Is this just a MEME or is it a better browser if you care about privacy and like firefox addons?

Is this just a MEME or is it a better browser if you care about privacy and like firefox addons?

Other urls found in this thread:

waterfoxproject.org/
github.com/amq/firefox-debloat
youtube.com/watch?v=RXfAVWyvD4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just get firefox and adjust the config to make it privacy-respecting. You get faster updates and it runs better.

>adjust the config to make it privacy-respecting
Impossible.

that's literally what waterfox is though

No, Waterfox has code changes to disable telemetry that can't be disabled with settings on Firefox.

Yes it is. I use Waterfox and love it. Like Cuckfox only with added improvements. Dev wants to continue legacy addon support too so after FF57 will be MILES better. Read more about it here:
waterfoxproject.org/
No you can't disable some stuff like Telementry and CuckFox x64 doesn't allow non-flash plugins or unsigned addons.
this

>firefox has telemetry that can't be disabled

proof? I'd love to see some evidence of this.

it is still slow as slowfox

>legacy addon support too so after FF57 will be MILES better
Not sure that supporting shitty coded addons that prevent multiproc support is "miles better".

Because if all I wanted was Chrome addons I'd be using a Chrome clone. I'm glad you've accepted that's what FF57+ is.

>prevent multiproc
They are already e10s compatible.
>shitty coded
Describes most WebExtensions.

I need addons with some power and actually can customize some stuff. Might as well use Chrome if you only want shitty WebExtensions with watered down/shitty api.

A lot of old addons are not e10s compatible.

He's giving addon makers months or even more to convert or update the addons people use, even as fireshit drops the guillotine. Waterfox will literally have more features than fire for a long time.

So, just installed Waterfox and i have everything from my old Firefox install, is that it?

Get better addons fag.

yeap

So when ublock and noscript etc are developed primarily for the new Firefox, will legacy still get support and updates? For someone using Waterfox, IceCat etc

Pretty much.
Hopefully indefinitely.
Mozilla is retarded and won't ever include the needed apis and webextensions are way too restrictive.

>Pretty much.
So, when should i see the speed improvements over firefox?

I think gorhill (uBlock Origin guy) said he won't be supporting legacy stuff, but I could be misquoting. It's too much time to support legacy when most everyone is moving forward.

Maybe right away? It's compiled against amd64 or whatever so might give you more muscle. Either way the privacy improvements make it worth it's weight alone.
You guys are retarded. You can already use WebExtensions on Waterfox and current CuckFox. It's not Legacy vs WE. It's WE+Legacy or only WE.

reminder: fuck everything else.
>Install Firefox
>type about:config on the address bar and hit enter
>proceed to apply these configs for "muh freedom and privacy"
>???
>profit!

>>github.com/amq/firefox-debloat

CIA buildbot. At best, placebo but likely its malware.

>likely its malware
>can see entire source
retard
Solid

When was the last time you looked through all the code?

You can call everything well known a meme.

Appeal to ignorance. If you think something is fishy in the code, go find it and prove it otherwise shut the fuck up retard. You're going off a gut feeling and your gut is shit

This
Stop spreading FUD

i thought waterfox was supposed to be a 64 bit windows firefox when 64bit windows firefox didn't exist

why does it still exist and whats all this privacy bs

There is no reason for it to exist. Regular firefox allows you to disable everything you want, is going to be faster since its getting rid of addons that slow it down and replacing it with extensions, and will also be more up to date in terms of security.

I agree, people here just have a built-in Luddite mentality.

No it doesn't, there is telemntry that can't be under the hood. Plus x64 cuckfox only allows flash as a plugin and no unsigned addons.

i use waterfox because it has a blue icon

>No it doesn't, there is telemntry that can't be under the hood.
proof? give me something that cant be disabled or proof that its connecting to unwanted IPs. Anything, something or else you're just spreading FUD

>Plus x64 cuckfox only allows flash as a plugin and no unsigned addons.
Hence, security. And fuck you for wanting flash.

>that can't be disabled with settings on Firefox
Not in the regular settings interface, but everything CAN be disabled in about:config

>running a "muh freedoms" browser under a botnet OS
Fucking pointless.

Install gentoo or install Firefox.

Clever.

cannot unsee

The only mildly interesting trait about Waterfox is that it will maintain support for legacy addons, without being based on an ancient FF version like Pale Moon, otherwise it is complete placebo.

>not running waterfox, firefox, and icecat for different needs at the same time
HAHAHAAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Never. You use Waterfox for the logo, so that you can validate yourself among your anonymous internet peers.

how to install icecat for win? cant find win installer

What could you possible need from Waterfox or IceCat that Firefox can't already do?
I could see running one Firefox-based and one Chromium-based browser or something…

how in the flying fuck did you do that

>tfw you want to use Firefox because it's the only open source browser that isn't an absolute meme
>tfw I don't want to support their SJW agenda

Yes it is actually surprising how good it works.

>not running waterfox, firefox, and icecat for different needs at the same time
>windows 7

>windows
You lost.

> reddit enhancement suit
you have to go back

>rebranded firefox picks up shit from older firefox install
UNBELIEVEABLE

I'm currently on Firefox ESR because muh addons. Should I switch to this if I want newer features?

It's gonna lose addon support too. It basically follows stable firefox except with defaults set to disable telemetry. It's a placebo browser.

Not showing the icons for my bookmarks. Unusable until I can get this fixed somehow. Also latest version of FT DeepDark theme isn't compatible.

you don't need an addon to disable WebRTC.
You can even do it with uBlockOrigin if you don't want to mess with about:config

Haha right on, gnubro, he's only using the most popular desktop os, fuck him, right?

>windows
>for ANY reason WHATSOEVER
It's like you don't care about privacy.
Want to send me all your information if you have nothing to hide?

I just want to play path of exile user.

Haha right on, retardbro, being popular means something is good, fuck contrarians, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=RXfAVWyvD4s
you can always use wine

Just use Firefox and Chrome; anything else is hipster garbage or shit tier.

>playonlinux.com/en/app-1366-Path_of_Exile.html
playonlinux supports path of exaile and you can install it as easy as on windows.

>isn't an absolute meme
>SJW agenda