Why you should buy x299

>why you should buy x299
no games currently need more than 4 cores. while that might change in the future, x299 gives you the option to change cpu to newer generations for years to come

>but x299 is overpriced and you can't use all the...
well, this 400$ cpu smashes 1200$ high end threadripper. so that makes up for the price of a x299, I would say

come at me, ryzen fanboys

>gaming benchmarks on a HEDT platform
Are you literally and physically retarded?

Are you gonna compare xeon and epyc server chips with gaming benchmarks too? Dumb fuck.

Gayming on 32c 64t EPYC would be awesome!
Truly future proof CPU

I wonder how well it overclocks, should be similar if not same as threadripper, right?

This

OP should >>Sup Forums

Drink bleach and set yourself on fire before you jump off a cliff you waste of skin.

OP, you're so retardef it's not even funny anymore. Please, go seek professional help.

hes being sarcastic you dumbass

AHAHAHAH FUCKING AUTIST

That was you wasn't it?

keep posting rendering benchmarks instead of actual game comparisions.

It wasn't him. It was ME!
I KNEW I'll get similar reaction. People so predictable.

You just made that guy upset for a few seconds. Great achievement my man, your parents must be so proud of you.

Being upset over someone on the internet is real issue.

nice bait, saged, reported and hidden

yes, no one does scientific computing, no one does content creation, no one needs 60pcie lanes for heterogeneous clusters or m2 arrays, no one needs to run virtualization hosts, no one needs and no one needs to compile code or serve requests on the web

if you're blowing $700+ bucks on a half gimped x299 platform OR $1000+ bucks for a non-gimped x399 platform between processor/chipset in the name of "avg fps @ 1080p" you're a certified mouthbreathing retard and should rope yourself with your umbilical cord you underage downie.

Actually, 64 pcie lanes

You all just game at 4K already.
This will eliminate any CPU bottleneck.
Even a fucking core 2 quad might do the fucking job.
There, I fixed it. CPU war over.

Why I can't gayme in 4k?
4k youtube videos works just fine on my 1080p monitor, but I can't choose 4k resolution in gayme :/ do I need threadripper of epyc for that?

SOPA

>no games currently need more than 4 cores
And you're already wrong. Stopped reading.

Yes, but it only works on the 1950X or higher.
Also you need at least 64GB of 3600Mhz Ram.

Oh man... So I have to replace my 1800x then... I wish I knew it can't handle 4k gayming... At least it plays 4k videos well. =)

Well if you bothered to read my previous post, you might get a hint.
Retards are falling for the 1080p@144Hz meme all over the place.
They place themselves in a situation where they actually need a fucking monster cpu to push that framerate and avoid tearing.
Meanwhile, I bought a cheap ass R5 1600, and it's fucking bored because the 1080 Ti can't even fucking throw the frames fast enough @ 4K for it to bother working.
I guess it depends on what games you're playing, but for most, 60 Hz is perfectly fine.

>1080p
>2017
Thank fuck 7nm and Volta/Navi are just around the corner this non 4k resoultion max fps shite is stupid

are there any i7s so old that they could upgrade to ryzen

ITS OVER AMD IS FINISHED

Even worse than a fucking 480.

Wtf? Is this their new GPU??? It's like from 10 years ago... No one will buy this garbage

>threadripper for gaymen
>the city of Sup Forums
get a job kid.

sup

>smashes
>monitors can't even display beyond 120Hz

are fps-philes the new audiophiles?

>no games currently need more than 4 cores. while that might change in the future, x299 gives you the option to change cpu to newer generations for years to come

What about, Crysis? You know game from fucking 2013!

No one plays old gaymes and old gaymes dont need new cpus

Face it, no self respecting gaymer will buy threadripper or epyc

I have an 22 core xeon, need to keep disabling fucking cores to game properly

Nice baito

There are 240hz monitors. They're retarded, and 144hz is the real current "high refresh" standard.

baited

I think he should drink draino

>gamer
>self-respect

I think I see a problem here.

pleb

>intel is back into the cuck shed in consumer-grade desktops
Good thing they already invested a bunch on mobile processors. Either way x86 sux. POWER is the future

congratz you won the benchmark war
now please stream the games you play on youtube

>reducing your fps so you can have 0 viewers watching you play

why?

>reducing your fps
Only on pootel.

>no one does scientific computing, no one does content creation, no one needs 60pcie lanes for heterogeneous clusters or m2 arrays, no one needs to run virtualization hosts, no one needs and no one needs to compile code or serve requests on the web
None of these people are on Sup Forums.

When Ryzen came out suddenly you have """streamers""", """content creators""" and """workstation users""" in here when months prior you wouldn't find a lick of these """people""" on Sup Forums.

Gee, I wonder why.

Go to Sup Forums stop shitposting here . Ayymd is superior in multithread , if games would be optimized for it , ryzen would destroy intel in gayms as well .

yea cus amd is already reduced even when not streaming

>if things were different, amd would be better
Yes but user... things aren't different

stfu

I don't know how to explain this to someone who keeps missing such an obvious concept. HEDT is not for gaming. They'll market it to gamers because they're dumb enough to buy it and they make a huge margin on it, but it's a workstation chip. Not a gaming chip. If it was a gaming chip, it wouldn't be designed with 32 fucking threads.

>Good thing they already invested a bunch on mobile processors
And failed miserably. And then Ryzen Mobile+Windows ARM laptops will come out and stomp on their last remaining unmolested market.

>Assuming everyone who needs a CPU is a gamer

How's the 8th grade treating you ?

At least the game runs instead of stuttering like a pile of shit.