How did this meme become so popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx?response=redirect&prodversion=48.0&x=id=[yadda]&installsource=ondemand&uc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bundled on every installer.

Shit ton of advertising.

It's a good browser too (from browsing standpoint).

Advertising

It didn't need to be good, only better than Firefox. Google pulled Firefox's funding into their own browser when they realized that.

Then it stole the omnibar and tabs layout and made it not stutter like shit and voila.

Firefox would still be king if Chrome weren't made by (((Google))). The name did it all.

>immense amounts of shilling
>actually being miles ahead of competition back when it came out

While we're on the topic, anyone know why I can't post anything to Sup Forums while I'm on Chrome, but Internet Explorer lets me post? I tried disabling Sup Forums X but it didn't do shit, still get "upload failed"

>how did it become so popular

giving each tab its own process like 10 years ago... it did wonders to stability with all the shit and bloated js... something FF just recently did with electrolysis - that and the plugins made me convert... also opera loosing their marbles and dumping presto had something to do with it

any other extensions my man?

Only Sup Forums X deals with Sup Forums specifically, none of the others seems like they could be relevant.
Maybe TamperMonkey or Ublock origin, but I would be surprised. I'll try turning everything off and posting.

Wait a minute I guess I have brain damage. Just posted that while testing with Sup Forums X off. I swear by the 9 divines I've tested and failed before after turning it off
Autism is a hell of a disease.

no worries, happens to the best of us, lad

I'm losing my mind, now all my posts fail with or without Sup Forums X, unless I post to /trash/ where I have an 100% success rate. No one should be quarantined to trash, even the incompetent

Just Slowfox committed suicide in the fire

Firefox runs like shit and has done so for years.

Fuck off shill. It's nightly build beat chrome in performance. It hasn't been slow in years.

It was alright at release, fast and stable enough.
But what really helped was the mountain of cash google gave away to have it bundled with everything everywhere.

advertised on every google owned website

Because firefox is complete garbage now and everything else is bloated.

It has. After the memo lad I'd switched to Firefox 55 and it's shit, but fortunately a good user suggested to try 57 nightly and now I'm using it.

It has literally been shit for years, and you know it.
Current Nightly is great, probably better than chrome (and not botnet), but prior to that firecucks has been trash.

That's utter bullshit. It's only recently that Nightly has matched Chrome in terms of speed, with the dumping of tons of legacy code. It's a night and day difference between current Nightly and current stable Firefox. And Chrome's been around for nine fucking years at this point. It's been much faster than Firefox for all that time.

Of course, the Google name has more to do with its success than being snappier, but there's no need to get delusional about its objective technical advantages, my dear MozCorp shill.

marketing

>and everything else is bloated.>and everything else is bloated.>and everything else is bloated.>and everything else is bloated.>and everything else is bloated.>and everything else is bloated.>and everything else is bloated.>and everything else is bloated.
>>>>>>what is chrome

not on technical merits, that is for sure

bloated by google stuff

Its fast.

How exactly does Chrome spy on its users?

Is it unsafe as it leaks confidential data like CC/DC numbers and actually records my conversations for real or is it just a Sup Forums's tinfoil meme based on targeted advertising and sending to google what websites I browse?

is chromium acceptable?

No, only iridium or ungoogled-chromium.

>INSTALL CHROME IT'S BETTER!!!! on any page of Google related websites
>how did this meme become so popular

It's a honest question, so far nobody was able to explain that.

It look like there is a conflict between Chrome and Ungoogled Chromium on a win10 PC.
everytime I try to install an extension (with clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx?response=redirect&prodversion=48.0&x=id=[yadda]&installsource=ondemand&uc
of course) it simply freeze.
Should I justs delete any trace of chrome in \AppData?

Google = Government
Governments tend to be corrupt and they all make use of surveillance.
You can be a victim of any power struggle that has the potential to damage any hegemonic power.
You do the math.

The logo is literally an eye.

>I'm happy to throw away my privacy if I get a 1% improvement in rendering speed

Google shills it and it works as well as anything else. But mostly the first one.

Sooo... a tinfoil? I'm not even in the USA now so it's not even my government, literally.

I feel for the meme day 0. It was so fast, man.
Firefox feels too clunky in comparison. Really tempted to go back to debian's Chromium or some shit.

>mfw iceweasel is at 52

Google bends down to any government

What is the bogpill browser?

Except that Firefox was never King. Ever.

That's even worse. You're feeding the US and idiots like you will cause them to win the cyberwars.

I don't know. maybe by being insanely faster than the competition and being at the forefront of implementing web standards, all upon release.

these shitposts make me think that half of you idiots actually do any programming, and are merely obsessed with your shitty firefox addons and faggot anime wallpapers